• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

ameratsu

Do you have Steam Guard activated? If so then someone was trying to hack your account and steam guard saved your ass.

Well they would have to be able to get into my email account regardless to change my password right? I changed my email password recently and feel it is still secure.

Appreciate all the replies though

Nabs

Just to confirm, looks like I can't activate through Steam, and need to download GMG's own client to play?

:(

Yeah, it says so on the side. Remember, sites like GMG and Amazon will tell you if the game requries a Steam Account.

derExperte

but I really doubt people are rushing out to buy the, say, Payday DLC when they've bought the game for at least half the cost.

I don't think Overkill expects that. The DLC is mainly for seasoned players with it's higher level-cap and new unlocks while everyone else can join one of the new heists when someone who bought the DLC hosts the game. Smart move imo. Not so smart that the pack costs 9,49€ on EU-Steam and 7,99€ on PSN.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't think Overkill expects that. The DLC is mainly for seasoned players with it's higher level-cap and new unlocks while everyone else can join one of the new heists when someone who bought the DLC hosts the game. Smart move imo. Not so smart that the pack costs 9,49€ on EU-Steam and 7,99€ on PSN.

I was just using it as an example. Payday certainly isn't the one instance of DLC being full-price when everything else related to the game is on sale.

Mrbob

Do we know what the pricing structure is? Is it F2P with purchasing teams on Steam or are we buying everything at one price? If so, what price?

Lothars

Do we know what the pricing structure is? Is it F2P with purchasing teams on Steam or are we buying everything at one price? If so, what price?
It hasn't been announced yet, I am still waiting to find out hopefully in the next hour it will finally tell us.

Nabs

Flatout games are 75% off. Flatout Complete Pack is 8 bucks or so.

Unmechanical is now out. It's $8.99 (10% off).

Unmechanical is a puzzle adventure that combines tricky puzzle solving, alluring exploration, and an engrossing atmosphere. Set in a fantastic world of flesh, rock and steel, your journey to freedom requires you to solve a great variety of puzzling challenges, and while it’s easy to pick up and play, later challenges may prove very difficult indeed.

Trailer: http://store.steampowered.com/video/211180/81923

1-D_FTW

Flatout games are 75% off. Flatout Complete Pack is 8 bucks or so.

Oh, Gabe, you so sly. :lol

Those numbers do not add up. The price for all those games together is 67.00 dollars. That's more than 80 percent off. Plus you can gift duplicated. I was all ready to pounce on the principal of it being a pricing error. Then...

Flatout 3 metacritic score = 23

WHAT? 23? I don't think I've ever seen a game with a metacritic score of 23. :lol

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/flatout-3-chaos-destruction/critic-reviews

Oh, man, those are some entertaining rips!

Derrick01

Banned
Is there some kind of tool that can easily limit games to a constant 30 fps? I guess something comparable to d3doverrider for easy forcing of vsync/triple buffering. Sleeping Dogs and all the features it has made me think about how I'm probably not going to be able to use a ton of them because my PC is only middle of the road now. But I realized that I don't need 60 fps, I just hate it when the game is chugging to 40 then 50 then 35. I'd much prefer to just lock it at 30.

Nabs

Is there some kind of tool that can easily limit games to a constant 30 fps? I guess something comparable to d3doverrider for easy forcing of vsync/triple buffering. Sleeping Dogs and all the features it has made me think about how I'm probably not going to be able to use a ton of them because my PC is only middle of the road now. But I realized that I don't need 60 fps, I just hate it when the game is chugging to 40 then 50 then 35. I'd much prefer to just lock it at 30.

Apparently, Sleeping Dogs has a framerate limiter built in. For other games, you can use something like Dxtory to lock it down.

haikira

Oh, Gabe, you so sly. :lol

Those numbers do not add up. The price for all those games together is 67.00 dollars. That's more than 80 percent off. Plus you can gift duplicated. I was all ready to pounce on the principal of it being a pricing error. Then...

Flatout 3 metacritic score = 23

WHAT? 23? I don't think I've ever seen a game with a metacritic score of 23. :lol

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/flatout-3-chaos-destruction/critic-reviews

Oh, man, those are some entertaining rips!

I don't know what's up with those scores. But Flatout 3 is a masterpiece.

Click here for some awesome gameplay.

For the love of god, don't buy it.

JaseC

I have the original FlatOut to give away as I received an extra copy upon purchasing the pack. Quote if you'd like it. Edit: Gone.

Flunkie

Banned
I don't know what's up with those scores. But Flatout 3 is a masterpiece.

Click here for some awesome gameplay.

For the love of god, don't buy it.
Holy shit. Wow. Wtf. Wow.

That being said, the first Flatout, though it's aged by now, is still one of the best/most fun racing games I've played. I love games with a cool suspension system and felt like they really captured a niche "backyard racing" feel. The later Flatout games were still fun but never really had the same feel to them. I hold Flatout 1 close to my heart to this day. But this Flatout 3 business? This is just a disgrace. What did they do, hire two teenagers to make that? Jesus.

HoosTrax

Loved Flatout2 back in the day. Some of the stunt events were pretty bonkers and sadistic in a funny way. An example would be windshield-cannoning your driver out of the car and trying to hit a field goal. I really should try out the Flatout UC remake of it at some point.

(Have all of the games already other than FO3 from the StrategyFirst bundle)

Salsa

had some credit on gamersgate, ended up being a bit better than the GMG prices:

MbUc6.png

body ready

1-D_FTW

Flatout 1 and 2 don't have controller support and Ultimate Carnage is GFWL.

I used to play 1 with a controller, but that before the 360 pad became the standard.

This is ultimately why I've decided to just leave those games to my memory.

Of course they do.

I don't remember if you get the colored ABXY button labels, but controllers work perfectly fine.

Makes sense. Because I picked up the 2nd Flatout from Big Lots years ago and I thought I played that with a 360 pad. Still, I didn't think it was as good as the original. So that would still be my pick up the bunch.

Of course they do.

I don't remember if you get the colored ABXY button labels, but controllers work perfectly fine.

It didn't recognize my 360 controller correctly. It mapped the left and right arrow keys to the analog stcik and the acceleration/up arrow to the a button. Not sure if it was patched it or something, but it really didn't work correctly.

Ultimate Carnage has native support for the 360 controller.

Edit: Looking at the Steam forums, it looks like part 2 might the one with all the controller problems. Weird that part 1 seems to work OK.

GMG prices are insane. They either pay the difference to publishers in order to drive traffic, or they have completly lost their minds!

They're based in England, so British Pricing applies to everything they do. I imagine they get game codes for twenty quid each or something equally as ridiculous.

1-D_FTW

It didn't recognize my 360 controller correctly. It mapped the left and right arrow keys to the analog stcik and the acceleration/up arrow to the a button. Not sure if it was patched it or something, but it really didn't work correctly.

Ultimate Carnage has native support for the 360 controller.

On second thought, you may be right. I remember playing Flatout 2 for about 5 minutes before I shoved it back in the box. I do half remember something being really wrong. Still, the one course I attempted to play was spiritually different from the original Flatout 1 IMO. And not as good.

EDIT: It probably was with a wireless 360 pad at the time.

iNvid02

They're based in England, so British Pricing applies to everything they do. They get game codes for twenty quid each or something equally as ridiculous.

they must get some games cheaper than £20, hitman absolution with voucher is £20.79

they're pretty unbeatable if you want a good pre-order/day one deal, but retail still takes it after a game has been out for a while.

Volcynika

At the very least. I didn't own any other entries in the franchise so I don't know if the same is true of them.

Well it says this on the page:

"Buy Flatout Complete Pack
Already own one of the Flatout titles in your account? Gift your extra copies!"

JaseC

Well it says this on the page:

"Buy Flatout Complete Pack
Already own one of the Flatout titles in your account? Gift your extra copies!"

Oh, haha. In my defence, I'm on my laptop and the Steam client window on my PC is much bigger than the screen real estate I'm afforded when using Remote Desktop. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom