• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajjaja

Additional: Requires valid form of online payment for play. Requires account registration (free) with the developer. 30 days of free game time is included.

Woopsie. They used to put that message under the Buy button, not hidden away at the bottom of the screen.

Tobe

borderlands 4 pack for dxpett1 was a success

if you can get 4 guys together then hit me up and i'll help you get a UK borderland 2 - 4 pack deal

comes to roughly £22.50 GBP / $35 USD / $33 AUD / $35 CAD / €28 EUR each

Im in for 1, 3 more guys needed.

wrowa

eh..... it's published by EA if I'm not mistaken.

Developer: Funcom
Publisher: Funcom

Pretty sure that EA's logo appears on start-up, though. I guess they are just the distributor of the game (similar to how Valve's retail output is distributed by EA).

Javaman

This coming from Javaman, who played like 5000 hours of Dungeon Defenders!

...is there a Dungeon Defenders single-player mode that you were doing though, thus proving your point? :eek:P

I've got around 260 hours logged, but only 20 or 30 were multi-player. Single player is doable for the most part except for some of the challenges.

wrowa

Has anyone played Unmechanical? I'd really like to know if it's fun to play. At the very least, it has a really nice-looking style going for it.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/211180/

ss_2fd7e813719d2f9e57e771d7c7adb58cd9b6d561.600x338.jpg
ss_d2bf3f38ee6e6e5d8c356a75ee86ba39deb5fef5.600x338.jpg
ss_ad6ea69ce3432ee9d18fe29f196d596ab36a1554.600x338.jpg

haikira

The Secret World is up on the UK store, on the front page. But clicking it, brings me to a broken link and there's no price on the front page. What's the price for it, in the states?

Joe Molotov

I played the introductory level of Unmechanical. Not really enough to give an impression of it, other than it looked nice and the controls felt solid (using a pad). The opening slate of puzzles seemed promising, but I want to see how they progress.

Valve said that they'll post new information from their Linux discussion at SIGGRAPH 2012 after the discussion ends. A blog post should be going up soon.

Dingotech

I'd be tempted to try The Secret World if they didn't expect you to shell out $50 up front.

No way I'm spending that much just to try the game and not like it. I'd happily shell out for a 30 day subscription fee to try it and get the client for free.

Surely it won't be long and the client will be free and just paid subs anyway like most other MMOs.

Developer: Funcom
Publisher: Funcom

Pretty sure that EA's logo appears on start-up, though. I guess they are just the distributor of the game (similar to how Valve's retail output is distributed by EA).

On that point, I'm curious to see who will publish Valve next retail game. I'm betting it wont be EA anymore.

jediyoshi

Reposting GMG's deal, good till the 10th

code ORDER-NTCOM-PLETE

borderlands 2 $37
dark souls $30
darksiders 2 $37
dawnguard $15
inversion $30
hitman absolution $33

edit: the code is actually good for anything, the $60 preorders turn into $45, etc

haikira

code ORDER-NTCOM-PLETE

borderlands 2 $37
dark souls $30
darksiders 2 $37
dawnguard $15
inversion $30
hitman absolution $33

Thanks for the heads up.

£13.99 was just a hair too much for me to bite, on Dawnguard. But fuck it. I'll bite for £10.50.

EDIT: Nice! Code is reusable. Decided to bite on Sleeping Dogs too, as it's a crazy good price. Gonna be a frugal few weeks for me now =P

Madridy

Just to be sure before I pull the trigger:

Dark Souls From GMG activates on Steam and isn't region locked**?

Note: I know about GFWL and I do have a working US XBL account.

Edit: **I mean can I play with people from Asia and EU with a NA version of the game?

Mairu

code ORDER-NTCOM-PLETE

borderlands 2 $37
dark souls $30
darksiders 2 $37
dawnguard $15
inversion $30
hitman absolution $33

edit: the code is actually good for anything, the $60 preorders turn into $45, etc

thanks for the heads up, caved on sleeping dogs

Is GMG not giving keys for Dark Souls and Borderlands 2 yet? Bought both, but can't get the keys yet.
http://forums.greenmangaming.com/topic/2539/
gmg mod said:
Regarding the keys - as usual You are guaranteed to receive them on the day of the release at the latest, but usually they are sent out a while before that... the delivery of the keys is up to the publisher, the exact date when the keys will become available in each region (NA/EU) is rarely known in advance.
The question was about Sleeping Dogs, but it applies to most games they sell

Lizard with a ladder

learnin' with the blacks!

code ORDER-NTCOM-PLETE

borderlands 2 $37
dark souls $30
darksiders 2 $37
dawnguard $15
inversion $30
hitman absolution $33

Thanks! Double dipped on Dark Souls at that price.
Just to be sure before I pull the trigger:

Dark Souls From GMG activates on Steam and isn't region locked**?

Note: I know about GFWL and I do have a working US XBL account.

Edit: **I mean can I play with people from Asia and EU with a NA version of the game?

Says on the GMG page for DS that it requires a Steam account.

Relax.MX

I just finished F.E.A.R. for the second time (very good shooting game...a little repetitive but still a very fun game) ...Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate is worth to play it?

Fireblend

Banned
Well, I finally finished L.A. Noire. Kind of torn about the ending, but I'm just glad I got the job done. Time to continue with Deus Ex: HR. Also, started Darksiders a few days ago. Not exactly what I was expecting, and it's yet to blow me away, but I'll give it another chance soon.

zkylon

zkylewd
I just finished F.E.A.R. for the second time (very good shooting game...a little repetitive but still a very fun game) ...Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate is worth to play it?
Not really, unless you really really want some more FEAR and can't for some reason play the main game.

Katoki

Hell Torchlight 2 seems to be flying farther away as well. Last time I checked, it was like late September, now it seems to be October since Guns of Icarus is Sept 30. I'm not real concerned about it although I've had the odd think about actually playing it.

Salsa

So I found this cheap logitech PS2 wheel on my sister's house:

963323-0403-R-2.jpg

brought it home, used my PS2 to USB thingie, using x360ce to run it as a 360 wheel and ive been playing the shit out of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (had about 17 hours played, but havent played in quite a while).

Racer purists might think this is a sin (probably is, wheel isnt very good and between all the different connectors and stuff that im using it's probably far from an ideal experience), but im having a blast

Martian

So I found this cheap logitech PS2 wheel on my sister's house:

963323-0403-R-2.jpg

brought it home, used my PS2 to USB thingie, using x360ce to run it as a 360 wheel and ive been playing the shit out of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (had about 17 hours played, but havent played in quite a while).

Racer purists might think this is a sin (probably is, wheel isnt very good and between all the different connectors and stuff that im using it's probably far from an ideal experience), but im having a blast

Aw, man! I remember my dad bought some cheap logitec steering wheel, and my brother and I played NFS: High Stakes to death with it. That was the best racing-game experience I've had.

Apparently NFS is meant to be played by steering wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom