• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I'm pretty sure it won't. I remember them saying it in an interview.
Where did you hear that? Considering Dark Elves, Dwarves and the Tribe are separate purchases I hope it's F2P.
I'd be okay with like $5, it has AI right? or some kind of single player? I think I remember hearing that
The iOS version doesn't have AI or Single Player, just multiplayer and challenges. If it had either of those it would validate a flat price.

Sword & Sworcery, Hero Academy and Galaxy on Fire 2 on mah Steam? Surely Square Enix wants to join the club and bring Final Fantasy Tactics to the best platform.

krpiper

Where did you hear that? Considering Dark Elves, Dwarves and the Tribe are separate purchases I hope it's F2P.

The iOS version doesn't have AI or Single Player, just multiplayer and challenges. If it had either of those it would validate a flat price.

Right I mean the STEAM game. I have the ipad version and it doesnt get much playtime, simply because it is multi only

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I can't seem to find the interview. It was about how the game ended up coming to Steam(Valve asked for it). In it they hinted that it wouldn't be f2p.
My hope is if it isn't F2P there is a single player component along with bots. If not, I could see $2 for Council + Team Fortress teams. More than that would surpass iOS pricing. I guess their justification could be for higher resolution assets. Either way, considering they haven't announced any new features, they can't expect to get away with a $10 price tag.

Javaman

Right I mean the STEAM game. I have the ipad version and it doesnt get much playtime, simply because it is multi only

These days games have to have a single player aspect for me to consider them. Nothing sucks worse then not being able to play the game because the community is dead or filled with people who have been playing for years. it's not fun playing catch-up and getting endlessly slaughtered. More games need mp bots like the early days of BF, timesplitters, Unreal Tournament, and TF2.
Being able to customize the bots' numbers or AI is the holy grail for me.

Blizzard

Banned
These days games have to have a single player aspect for me to consider them. Nothing sucks worse then not being able to play the game because the community is dead or filled with people who have been playing for years. it's not fun playing catch-up and getting endlessly slaughtered. More games need mp bots like the early days of BF, timesplitters, Unreal Tournament, and TF2.
This coming from Javaman, who played like 5000 hours of Dungeon Defenders!

...is there a Dungeon Defenders single-player mode that you were doing though, thus proving your point? :eek:P

krpiper

I think I love you. I spent many many hours of playing bot matches in BF2, Timesplitters 2 and UT2004

Lizardus

I bought the Fallout 3 GOTY edition during steam sales. I am planning of starting it right now. I was wondering at what levels should I do the DLCs as to not be under or overpowered during them? Any help would be appreciated.

Gvaz

Banned
I bought the Fallout 3 GOTY edition during steam sales. I am planning of starting it right now. I was wondering at what levels should I do the DLCs as to not be under or overpowered during them? Any help would be appreciated.

At the levels the game tells you you should be when you try to start them. (though generally +5 if you can)

Some parts during late game are very maze-like and having a UI saves frustration.

I wish you could turn off specific UI elements but oh well.

Regular Batteries: Restores 2 batteries
Lithium: Restores 4 batteries
Thanks a bunches.

Also going to be playing the shit out of some flatout 3 tonight.

Recall

Bored of buying games only to find its not playable on my laptop, cannot afford to be dropping thousands or even high hundreds on a pc. Would have thought a 4 year old game would have been fine though. No one to blame but myself :(

Poping here again for my Xbox360 controler problem again. every hour or so, when I play a game with the controller (and not on games with keyboard/mouse) I get a random alt tab back to windows (not a crash) with no apparent reason.

Driver is up to date.

Any ideas ?

Got motion joy to work with my dualshock 3. Its so much more fun to play and better than the cheap gamepad I was using. The difference is night and day. Should have done this way sooner.
I keep getting owned in Ys:Oath. Stuck at the beginning of the 2nd dungeon. Maybe I should have played on normal.

Crayons

Banned
MapleStory was added to the registry.

I_has_a_sad.gif

gdt

I'm having a weird issue with Hard Reset. I get a black screen, except for the menu/cursor. During gameplay, I can hear everything, but seen nothing except for the aiming reticule. If I press esc and go into the menu, then I can see everything, but it goes away again when I go back to the game. Same thing with the starting menu, can't see anything but the UI part of it.

Wok

I'm having a weird issue with Hard Reset. I get a black screen, except for the menu/cursor. During gameplay, I can hear everything, but seen nothing except for the aiming reticule. If I press esc and go into the menu, then I can see everything, but it goes away again when I go back to the game. Same thing with the starting menu, can't see anything but the UI part of it.

This looks like the same issue.

Voidguts

Currently playing Alan Wake and Remedy really nailed the atmosphere. Looks stunning also!

yeah, I picked it up during the summer sale and I've already spent 16 hours playing it.. one of the few games I can remember (Psychonauts is another) where I've explored every nook and cranny, read every bit of in game dialogue and listened to every radio segment/random conversation the NPC's had. the game honestly blows my mind. I can't wait to start American Nightmare, I've heard some great things about it.

yeah, I picked it up during the summer sale and I've already spent 16 hours playing it.. one of the few games I can remember (Psychonauts is another) where I've explored every nook and cranny, read every bit of in game dialogue and listened to every radio segment/random conversation the NPC's had. the game honestly blows my mind. I can't wait to start American Nightmare, I've heard some great things about it.

I really hope it doesn't take me that long to get through it :O

I got shit to do.

iNvid02

borderlands 4 pack for dxpett1 was a success

if you can get 4 guys together then hit me up and i'll help you get a UK borderland 2 - 4 pack deal

comes to roughly £22.50 GBP / $35 USD / $33 AUD / $35 CAD / €28 EUR each

Bought that flatout pack, already own flatout 1, got that in my inventory to give away. Cool.

But the other 3 games aren't showing up in my games list. Not cool.

It says in the respective store pages that I own them so...

I'll hit play now on the store page and it will just freeze up and do nothing :(

Bought that flatout pack, already own flatout 1, got that in my inventory to give away. Cool.

But the other 3 games aren't showing up in my games list. Not cool.

It says in the respective store pages that I own them so...

I'll hit play now on the store page and it will just freeze up and do nothing :(

Did you try restarting Steam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom