• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I imagine he got it from Green Man Gaming with a combination of promo codes and trade in credit.

Ocho

Speaking of which, how long is Darksiders supposed to be? I bought it on a whim from GMG when it was $4 and started it a couple of nights ago but I'm starting to wonder if I'll be able to finish it along with Human Revolution by mid-September :lol

It took me 17.7 hours to finish Deus Ex HR without rushing and doing most, if not all, quests (not including the DLC).

There's a promo code posted in the Sleeping Dogs PC thread for $33 Sleeping Dogs pre- order on Green Man gaming . I'm on my mobile or I would link to it.

I believe the code is ORDER-NTCOM-PLETE for 25% off. I used it myself. It was too good to pass up on

MNC

It's pretty horrible how GMG treats $ = €, and you can't even gift games.

Sleeping Dogs is 33€ here with that code.....

Mairu

I also played Dear Esther a few weeks ago, the environments were breathtaking but the whole experience was marred by the horrific writing. It's like they took a normal script and someone said "hey, not enough convoluted metaphors and substanceless drivel in here, let's get to work guys!"

I also played QUBE and quite enjoyed it but stopped at THAT FUCKING PUZZLE and I'm not going back. Please don't put unreliable physics in your puzzle game which requires absolute physics precision, thanks.

What puzzle? I played through the whole thing and while it was short I really enjoyed it.

It's pretty horrible how GMG treats $ = €, and you can't even gift games.

Sleeping Dogs is 33€ here with that code.....

You can sign up through a uk/us proxy or vpn and then buy the games in that currency without a proxy. I did that to get Sleeping Dogs for £20.25 which is about 26€.

MNC

You can sign up through a uk/us proxy or vpn and then buy the games in that currency without a proxy. I did that to get Sleeping Dogs for £20.25 which is about 26€.

Isn't this also kind of exploitable to get alot of credit (by constantly referring new accounts) ?

Berto

What puzzle? I played through the whole thing and while it was short I really enjoyed it.
He's probably refering to a physics based puzzle where you have to put four blocks on four pillars. It's just atrocious because the physics are crap, i spent like half hour in there, not because it was hard to understand but terrible to execute. The game was nice though.

MNC

New accounts have to make at least one purchase before credit is given I believe.

Yes, so each time I want to buy a game, I'd refer my account for a new account, buy a game until I have enough credit for whatever.

I guess you could, they would likely suspend you for abuse of the system if you did it with too many accounts though.

Probably. And it's not really worth it to buy that many games just to get a few referals.

Writing reviews is a much better way, IMO!

Yes, so each time I want to buy a game, I'd refer my account for a new account, buy a game until I have enough credit for whatever.

You also need a new payment method for each account. If you use a credit card on one account, you can't use it on another one so eventually you'd run out of payment sources to continue doing this (unless you have tons of credit cards :p). Not really worth the 2$ credit you get IMO.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Additional prediction: Big-screen mode will not be mentioned at all.

Haha, that, or a vague "It'll be out soon." Speaking of BPM, since it's been a while, let's take a look at the current tally:

Number of days between the announcement of Half-Life 2 and its release: 575
Number of days between the announcement of Big Picture Mode and today: 529

I hope Big picture Mode supports the 360 controller guide button to access steam overlay, not sure if Microsoft have some restriction on that though.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I hope Big picture Mode supports the 360 controller guide button to access steam overlay, not sure if Microsoft have some restriction on that though.

I am still waiting on building a new PC until Big Picture mode is announced. I think I will transition to a main PC connected to the TV for games. I already use my laptop for evertything else.

Rufus

They certainly do. It doesn't even show up as a button in Windows, but you can use it to bring up the GFWL menu.

MRORANGE

Haha, that, or a vague "It'll be out soon." Speaking of BPM, since it's been a while, let's take a look at the current tally:

Number of days between the announcement of Half-Life 2 and its release: 575
Number of days between the announcement of Big Picture Mode and today: 529

Valve will release HL3, Big Picture Mode, Steam Linux, SteamBox and a working offline mode in the same day.

you will need to agree to a new SSA beforehand to never up-rise against them ever again.

JaseC

Steam's more-often-than-not broken offline mode is Valve's answer to the clock issue in the PS3's OS, although the latter was eventually fixed.

Exuro

Whatever happened to the 200+ games getting Razer Hydra support? I always figured Valve would announced a rebranded version of it that would be the official controller.

JaseC

Come on, Valve. If you're going to put a 500-year-old game on sale, at least also include the package to which it belongs.

Recall

I recently found an unusual fix for the offline issues.

If I clear my cookies and then log into the Steam website. Then open the client and then change that to offline mode it works no issue. if i'm not logged into the webiste then sometimes the client gets its pants in a twist when switching to offline. I have no idea why.

Relax.MX said:
I just finished F.E.A.R. for the second time (very good shooting game...a little repetitive but still a very fun game) ...Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate is worth to play it?
Buy FEAR 3 so i can play co op with somebody XD

But most definitly, if you liked FEAR you should play the expansions. I think they are even better than the first game.
Click "Play" and then there will be a button saying "Change campaign".
I didn't see any play button ngt. I'll check it out later.
eally looking forward to that.

I also finished Alan Wake's American Nightmare last night. I'm a big Alan Wake fan, but as someone who went way overboard on the first games collectables (100 Thermoses, All Manuscript Pages, etc.) I was of the mindset that I needed all of the manuscripts, which caused me to play differently than I otherwise would. Their minimap integration was definitely a big step in the right direction though. Other than that stuff I think the combat is really well designed. By having the enemies slow down within the flashlight, I have time to aim my shots. Also spawning in enemies when you're just loitering around an area keeps you moving forward. The story just makes me wonder what they'll do with Alan Wake 2. I'm still somewhat unsure about the events in AN, and how they fit into the series.

Good game though.

I have the American Nightmare installed and i really want to play it but it has some really serious problems with my machine. No problems in your side?

BioHazard

thank god Magicka is FINALLY on sale, I have been waiting for this day foreveeerrrrrrrrrrrrrr

seriously though, gonna get me some of that recent dlc

Exuro

The Other Side of the Coin for Magicka is on sale though. Pretty sure that wasn't on sale during the Summer. It worth it?

I can't get over the fact that the lightning and the colors in Dungeons look absolutely horrible. Look at this mess.

Is this game good enough to make me risk eye cancer?
ss_94004ec4178be6a0ad35e1c2d0374f503922d102.1920x1080.jpg

Bisonian

Seeing Hexen II as the daily deal makes me wonder why Heretic II isn't available anywhere. Man, I loved that game. Any word as to why it disappeared from existance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom