• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

daxy

Do you have any idea where that folder might be located? The only thing I can find right now is the WB Games folder in Documents, but the save games folder inside is completely empty. But I don't really know whether or not there's a special place where GFWL saves the save files...

I had a similar issue where it wouldn't read my saved games. Solution: change the digits of the first sequence in the saved file to correspond with the newer version of saves. Yours begins with, I assume, lvs3 and needs to be lvs4. The entire sequence that needs to be replaced goes on past that, but I suggest you compare working saves (perhaps by making a new save file) with the one you have, and also look at what this emisan fellow replaced to make saves working in the following thread:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2331974&page=5

With his help I managed to get my saved game working again.

For me, Batman AC saved games are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\(user no.)\57400\remote

The SaveData folder in My Documents is empty. Don't remember how it works, but I'm pretty sure I replaced the one in the Steam folder.
You'll need a hex editor like XVI to get the correct sequences in the save file (.sgd). A normal text editor will make it jumble.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Dungeons Thread with my impressions on the game series
ss_1bb23bfd3d6ead87e55e2cf442d462f38f09fdb3.1920x1080.jpg
Daily deal for 80% off! 2,99 for the first game. More info in the thread :)

Derrick01

Banned
So if i get Sleeping dogs on GMG I wont get the tf2 items?

Whats a better deal? to get it on GMG or just over steam?

~$15 savings >>>>> useless items. Get it on GMG if you can, it'll still register on Steam.

Glass Rebel said:
What do you guys think are the chances of getting a 15-20% deal on Dishonored on GMG? I don't remember Bethesda being all that generous :(

Likely. If only because I'm sure GMG will have a site-wide coupon at one point that's usually 20%. I don't think Dishonored will be cut in price at all though, like how Borderlands 2 was reduced to $50 before coupons.

Likely. If only because I'm sure GMG will have a site-wide coupon at one point that's usually 20%. I don't think Dishonored will be cut in price at all though, like how Borderlands 2 was reduced to $50 before coupons.

I hope you live up to your tag. 20% + credit would bring it down to 26€ for me, one hell of a deal.

MNC

Just finished BEN THERE, DAN THAT;
Cute little indie point 'n click game that never gets too hard with the puzzle and is bite-sized. Finished it in 101 minutes. Had fun with this, had silly but fun writing.

Wok

Wow! English Country Tune is now on Steam! Even the release date seems accurate (25 nov 2011)! It costs 5 euros, and there is a discount of 10% for one week.

Description:

English Country Tune is a luxuriant abstract 3D puzzle game brought to you by increpare, the first commercial project of a developer who's brought you nearly 200 freeware games to date.

Over the course of more than a hundred levels situated throughout 17 worlds, you'll become acquainted with a wide variety of very different mechanics, none of them what they first may appear, and which will combine together in challenging ways.

Key features:
  • Genuine 3D gameplay
  • 17 diverse worlds
  • Over 100 carefully crafted levels
  • A wide range of mechanics and in-game goals
  • Over 60 minutes of specially composed music

For information, I bought the game on the day of the release for $10 through the Humble Store. I finished the game by the end of January this year and this is the best puzzle game I have played for several years. A game which will blow your mind in a good way.

If you are not convinced, try the demo on the official website.

Derrick01

Banned
I hope you live up to your tag. 20% + credit would bring it down to 26€ for me, one hell of a deal.

The cynic in me wants to believe that Bethesda is waiting until these current coupons expire to put Dishonored up but I'm probably just being a conspiracy nut. I'm pretty sure these coupons and ridiculous deals bite into GMG's profits not the publisher's, so they wouldn't care.

I'm with you though I desperately want it to get put up with a minimum 20% deal in place somewhere on the site. It's my most wanted game this year and one of the only ones I don't have paid off yet.

Blizzard

Banned
Wow! English Country Tune is now on Steam! Even the release date seems accurate (25 nov 2011)!

That looks great, even though I was so horrible at puzzle games I could never complete the more difficult levels in that rolling-cube puzzle game whose name I forget. Thanks for the heads up! I shall grab it.

Koroviev

Anyone know how to get Magicka running at a solid 60 fps? My PC easily exceeds the recommended requirements and I'm forcing triple-buffering and v-sync, but I cannot for the life of me get the game to stop very noticeably fluctuating between 30 and 60 fps. I really would like to play this game, but it won't let me :(

bs000

So if i get Sleeping dogs on GMG I wont get the tf2 items?

Whats a better deal? to get it on GMG or just over steam?

If you're savvy with TF2 trading, the items could get you more than you save on GMG. But if you have no idea, it's probably not worth the effort.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Anyone know how to get Magicka running at a solid 60 fps? My PC easily exceeds the recommended requirements and I'm forcing triple-buffering and v-sync, but I cannot for the life of me get the game to stop very noticeably fluctuating between 30 and 60 fps. I really would like to play this game, but it won't let me :(
Run in a full screen borderless window.

Wok

To give more information, I quote myself:

I will put a list of already released (at least an alpha version) commercial indie games which are worth it, yet not on Steam.

I'd like to add I especially appreciate (Michael Rose's and) your articles on IndieGames. Lately, the interview about English Country Tune was really interesting.

I'm going to get English Country Tune along with Deponia this weekend. And that's a good list you have there, Wok. Hopefully they all appear on Steam once Greenlight starts.

Salsa

pretty sure escape goat is confirmed to be coming. Dont know why it's taking so long sinte it's already on GamersGate

The cynic in me wants to believe that Bethesda is waiting until these current coupons expire to put Dishonored up but I'm probably just being a conspiracy nut. I'm pretty sure these coupons and ridiculous deals bite into GMG's profits not the publisher's, so they wouldn't care.

I'm with you though I desperately want it to get put up with a minimum 20% deal in place somewhere on the site. It's my most wanted game this year and one of the only ones I don't have paid off yet.

Mine as well, basically this year's Deus Ex.

MNC

Can't wait to buy Sleeping Dogs... If only I could do pre-orders... NEED TO FINISH MORE GAMES. Hope it runs decent at 720p @ high. 540M.

It just occurred to me that Dishonored might not show up on GMG anytime soon. The game is not available for UK customers on Steam either, and I believe this has something to do with a retailer having some sort of deal with Bethesda to not sell the game on Steam for a certain amount of time. Well, GMG is also a UK based site and it's very possible that the same restriction will apply to them as well.

DECOY-LDN

Neo Member
It just occurred to me that Dishonored might not show up on GMG anytime soon. The game is not available for UK customers on Steam either, and I believe this has something to do with a retailer having some sort of deal with Bethesda to not sell the game on Steam for a certain amount of time. Well, GMG is also a UK based site and it's very possible that the same restriction will apply to them as well.

It's available now.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/205100/?snr=1_4_4__105_2

MRORANGE

Most likely it's either GAME or HMV who are pulling this crap.

Granted, most HMV stores don't even stock PC games anymore.

eyeless

just cause 2 won't launch

it'd be swell if someone could try launching and tell me if it works
also does anyone have a solution pls 'n thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom