• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little contest for Magicka: The Stars are Left DLC. First one to get the (most) correct answers gets a key. It wont be able to give it in before 20 GMT though, sorry.

1) The DLC contains the Werezompyre claw as a weapon. What happens when you hit a creature with Werezompyre claw?
A) It saps enemy HP
B) It shapeshift the target into a horse, a troll, a goblin or a gnome.
C) It turns the target into a Werezompyre

2) One of the new enemies of the DLC are Cultists. What is incorrect about these cultists ?
A) They sing their dialogue
B) They occasionally trip over their robes
C) They say LOL in combat

3) And finally, the DLC contains some new magicks. Which one can be found?
1) Portal magick: creates two portals like in Portal.
2) Bomba magick: explodes a target and scatters bombs
3) Summon Horror magick: summons an Eldritch creature

Ledsen

How far into the game was that?

What puzzle? I played through the whole thing and while it was short I really enjoyed it.

(QUBE) Very close to the end, chapter 6 I think? It involves four boxes and was super frustrating, mainly because of the spotty physics. Then I read that the puzzle after is even worse, so I gave up. Bear in mind that on a previous puzzle I had to restart the game like 5-6 times because a block, thanks to the physics, always moved sideways when it wasn't supposed to and "fell out" of the puzzle with no way of resetting it.

Gamble

Dear God,

Please let Steam put the Dawn of War 2 series on sale WHEN I ACTUALLY HAVE THE MONEY TO BUY IT!!!.....I swear it's like they know EXACTLY when my payday is so they can post it on the opposite weeks.....bastards.....

Rufus

(QUBE) Very close to the end, chapter 6 I think? It involves four boxes and was super frustrating, mainly because of the spotty physics. Then I read that the puzzle after is even worse, so I gave up. Bear in mind that on a previous puzzle I had to restart the game like 5-6 times because a block, thanks to the physics, always moved sideways when it wasn't supposed to and "fell out" of the puzzle with no way of resetting it.
The magnet puzzles, right? Hated them. Even if you can see what you are supposed to do, moving the blocks is a frustrating chore. They should have put the magnetic blocks on rails, or have them move in one block increments.

Xanathus

Little contest for Magicka: The Stars are Left DLC. First one to get the (most) correct answers gets a key. It wont be able to give it in before 20 GMT though, sorry.

1) The DLC contains the Werezompyre claw as a weapon. What happens when you hit a creature with Werezompyre claw?
A) It saps enemy HP

2) One of the new enemies of the DLC are Cultists. What is incorrect about these cultists ?

B, B, 1?

A friend of mine will come back from England on 19th of August. For some unknownn reason Sleeping Dogs will be available here in Italy only on 31st (and not on the 17th). If i (try to) redeem the copy i buy before the date from which the game will be available here, will Steam burn my house or something else?
Thanks guys.

Anyone :( ?

Yaska

If you mean redeem the game as in use your key on steam, then nothing happens. The game just is locked 'til it's released in your country. Unlocking the game through other means is another story though. And by unlocking I mean using certain ways to fake steam think you're in States or in another country so that you can play your purchased copy earlier.

Baha

A) It saps enemy HP

B, C, 3? (I already own the DLC, just guessing for fun since I haven't played it yet).

Petrie

Banned

A) It saps enemy HP

C, B, 1

Wok

A) It saps enemy HP

BC1.

Taffer

Dear God,

Please let Steam put the Dawn of War 2 series on sale WHEN I ACTUALLY HAVE THE MONEY TO BUY IT!!!.....I swear it's like they know EXACTLY when my payday is so they can post it on the opposite weeks.....bastards.....

Stick £20 in your Steam wallet and sit on it until it's on sale, worked for me.
WARNING: May result in unexpected purchases.

schnarf

Pretty sure it's f2p on IOS with teams costing 1.59 each, so yes it is!
At first I thought the same, but it seems that each of the teams on Steam come with the avatar icons as well, which if you were to buy a team and all of the related avatar icons for the iOS it would be $6 (1.99 for the team, .99 for the basic avatars, 2.99 for the elite avatars)

Hero Academy price is kinda ridiculous, who gives a fuck about the avatars etc?

Also, just played Outrun 2 at a local arcade... Damn you Sega, the fuck you waiting for?!

Mrbob

Hero Academy, more like Overpriced Academy.

Time to wait for a 75 percent off sale. Sick of these ios games being overpriced on Steam. No wonder Robot Entertainment didn't talk cost. Taking advantage of TF2 players. Sad face time.

If you mean redeem the game as in use your key on steam, then nothing happens. The game just is locked 'til it's released in your country. Unlocking the game through other means is another story though. And by unlocking I mean using certain ways to fake steam think you're in States or in another country so that you can play your purchased copy earlier.

Thanks.
It means that i have to wait until the end of the month. Such a shame.

schnarf

I am crazy to be considering buying Binary Domain on steam? I already beat it on PS3...and had a blast with it, so replaying it would be fun.
How is the multiplayer?

Giard

I still ant play my copy of BD because the game can't recognize my laptops discrete gpu. Damn Optimus and non working drivers:(
Thanks for posting this. I just ordered a laptop with Optimus, I guess I won't buy Binary Domain for a while.

I was going to go with the new Radeon card, but it seems that Enduro has even more problems.

Don't buy Binary Domain for the multiplayer, it's as dead as can be.

I added Hero Academy to my cart and then realized that it has tons of DLC already. Now I don't know what to do :|

coopolon

Is Fear 3 any good single player? As in is it worth playing? I greatly enjoyed both Fear 1 and 2, although didn't like the expansion packs to Fear 1 as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom