• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

Is Fear 3 any good single player? As in is it worth playing? I greatly enjoyed both Fear 1 and 2, although didn't like the expansion packs to Fear 1 as much.

it's better than fear 2 but not as good as fear 1, play it with a friend is my recommendation, but playing yourself should be alright.

Petrie

Banned
It's the weekend and I feel generous, anyone interest in an Alan Wake franchise bundle?

I'm sure someone will have beat me to this being on slow mobile GAF, but I'd very much enjoy getting to give this a go. Got a couple hours into the 360 version, then lost my save and just left it behind.

MRORANGE

so I finally got a reply back from Steam about how many activations Crysis has on Steam.

izRqnEKLjNXiE.png

looks like I'm going to contact Origin support check my key for activations left to get a real anwser.

I look forward to developers realizing that putting multiplayer in most games is a waste as it'll be dead soon after release. Just put the resources into making the single player better.

Fox318

so I finally got a reply back from Steam about how many activations Crysis has on Steam.

looks like I'm going to have Origin support check my key for activations left to get a real anwser.

Really?

What the fuck is the point of your job if the only information you can provide is available on the store page?

Nabs

You should have kept going with EA customer service, as they can actually check the key and tell you how many you have left. All Steam customer support knows is what they're told from Crytek.

MRORANGE

Congrats on wasting your time, looking for answers in the wrong place.

Like I said before EA support told me to go to Steam support as I didn't have the game installed/key, Crytek support has not even replied to my first email.

You should have kept going with EA customer service, as they can actually check the key and tell you how many you have left. All Steam customer support knows is what they're told from Crytek.

yeah Stallion Free told me to do it the first time, when I got my first reply.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Is Fear 3 any good single player? As in is it worth playing? I greatly enjoyed both Fear 1 and 2, although didn't like the expansion packs to Fear 1 as much.
As a shooter, it's pretty decent. As a F.E.A.R. game, I'd rather play Plumbers Don't Wear Ties.

Nabs

Like I said before EA support told me to go to Steam support as I didn't have the game installed/key, Crytek support has not even replied to my first email.

yeah Stallion Free told me to do it the first time, when I got my first reply.

You should play Crysis 1, it's really good.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

I just don't get why you keep harassing support for one company when it has been pointed out to you that they clearly don't have the data. There is no way they could tell you unless EA handed over their activation servers.

Steam support is garbage, you don't need to prove it and this method of doing so doesn't even make sense.

MRORANGE

You should play Crysis 1, it's really good.

I've played it about 5 times now on my retail version, and I thought the aliens at the end stages were actually fun to play against even if it did turn linear.

I just don't get why you keep harassing support for one company when it has been pointed out to you that they clearly don't have the data. There is no way they could tell you unless EA handed over their activation servers.

Steam support is garbage, you don't need to prove it and this method of doing so doesn't even make sense.

I was just asking if the Steam if there page was outdated, like how FC2 is outdated and still list the activations limits. They could have easily replied the first time and said, "the info on page is all that's available at the time "

I wouldn't say Steam support is garbage I can get 1 day responses for other issues, it's just that the crysis drm is really bugging me.

I just realized I unsitalled Origin after contacting them the first time :|

I've never played Hero Academy but I've heard a ton of good things about it. With Darksiders II and Sleeping Dogs out next week, I was looking for a nice casual game to play over the weekend. You guys think it's worth checking out?

dLMN8R

If I've already been playing Hero Academy on iOS and have a lot of teams unlocked, can I use that existing account for the Steam version?

The prices for the extra armies seem high on PC. On iOS they're just $1-3 each, but on Steam it looks like they're $5 each? That's kinda crazy, especially since the base game itself isn't free like the iOS version

Joe Molotov

Oh $15, it's so expensive, what will I do?! Time to sack up, gentlemen. Put your big girl panties on, get daddy's credit card out, and let's do this shit.

Blizzard

Banned
Don't buy Binary Domain for the multiplayer, it's as dead as can be.

I added Hero Academy to my cart and then realized that it has tons of DLC already. Now I don't know what to do :|
Yeah, I was kind of looking forward to it and normally wouldn't mind paying $5-10 for a game like that, but the multiple DLC/teams for $5 apiece kinda made me just put it on the wishlist instead. Some day I might get around to it!

HoosTrax

A NEW TAKE ON FUTURISTIC TOKYO - Experience dual layered Tokyo with a run down and derelict lower city and a clean and affluent upper city.
We've never seen this before...oh wait, Midgar and Hengsha.

Ok I'll stop nitpicking now. Bought the base game, skipped the two DLCs.

Edit: Crap, and now I just remembered that I barely have 50GB left on my 750GB Steam drive. Need to remember to stop buying games and buy a HDD instead next time.

Prezhulio

ugh missed the $37 borderlands 2 pre-order from yesterday :(

i'm hoping for another pre-order deal in the $40 price range so i can get the mechromancer stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom