• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
We've never seen this before...oh wait, Midgar and Hengsha.

Ok I'll stop nitpicking now. Bought the base game, skipped the two DLCs.

Edit: Crap, and now I just remembered that I barely have 50GB left on my 750GB Steam drive. Need to remember to stop buying games and buy a HDD instead next time.
Was that the earliest it's happened? Weren't there at least two layers of city in Diamond Age? (and another recent game example might be Deus Ex HR)

garath

Just found out that Gamestop now sells Steam cards. In other words, my consoles collecting dust are going to turn into computer games. Starting with sleeping dogs and ending with however much money I get from:

20gig 360 and 15 or so games
PSP-1000 and 15 or so games

Hoping for $90 or so. Will be enough for a couple steam games. Maybe Sleeping dogs + dishonored (plus a little of my money of course).

Just found out that Gamestop now sells Steam cards. In other words, my consoles collecting dust are going to turn into computer games. Starting with sleeping dogs and ending with however much money I get from:

Hoping for $90 or so. Will be enough for a couple steam games. Maybe Sleeping dogs + dishonored (plus a little of my money of course).

You could get $250 easy on craigslist for all that.

I don't know what the demo is for Binary Domain, I'm guessing it's just the intro level, that's the slowest part of Binary Domain. Once you get past that first hour, it gets pretty awesome.

Also turn off the voice recognition shit, use button prompts, your enjoyment of the game will increase exponentially with this.

Soi-Fong

I don't know what the demo is for Binary Domain, I'm guessing it's just the intro level, that's the slowest part of Binary Domain. Once you get past that first hour, it gets pretty awesome.

Also turn off the voice recognition shit, use button prompts, your enjoyment of the game will increase exponentially with this.

How do you do that?

Hurray, you win. I will send you the key in PM. Here are the answers:

1) The DLC contains the Werezompyre claw as a weapon. What happens when you hit a creature with Werezompyre claw?
A) It saps enemy HP
B) It shapeshift the target into a horse, a troll, a goblin or a gnome.
C) It turns the target into a Werezompyre

2) One of the new enemies of the DLC are Cultists. What is incorrect about these cultists ?
A) They sing their dialogue
B) They occasionally trip over their robes
C) They say LOL in combat

3) And finally, the DLC contains some new magicks. Which one can be found?
1) Portal magick: creates two portals like in Portal.
2) Bomba magick: explodes a target and scatters bombs
3) Summon Horror magick: summons an Eldritch creature

don't sell to gamestop sell on Craigslist.

kurahador

The airport level is also the beginning? The first one I thought was OK, but the airport was really weak.

The airport is in the later chapter, but the demo version is abit different from the game IIRC.

EDIT: I remember in the game there's alot more shooting on the train.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Should you get Binary Domain? Yes, yes you should.

- To the post above, Borderlands might be worth a playthrough if you're interested in the sequel coming out soon.

Nabs

Hmm... So I can trade GMOD + Borderlands GOTY (both from my inventory) for Binary Domain.. Should I do it?

Depends on your system specs.
Kappa.png

Well a friend very kindly gifted Hero Academy to me so that takes care of that. If anyone wants to play, my robot entertainment username is the same as here. Start up a game with me :)

Finished Mission Improbable, if you're hankering for a Half Life 2 Episode 2 like experience this team has got something for you. They did some creative stuff with the environments to the end and it had a fun sense of humour. I would say that they do ape the Valve stuff a bit much, it's very much like "hire us please" but whatever. If they were too creative they'd probably stray from the Half Life formula. It had some creative level design like Minerva and I never got lost. Makes you really appreciate how great Episode 2's Hunters are as an enemy, but also highlights how the Half Life formula really needs a freshen up before the next episode. If they have the same repertoire of weapons and enemies going forward I'll be very disappointed.

Zia

How does Valve benefit by allowing people to have names about child molestation, rape, etc? I get really sick of seeing that garbage.

How does Valve benefit by allowing people to have names about the child molestation, rape, etc? I get really sick of seeing that garbage.
How do they benefit by policing the internet? If you're so offended use the report profile feature or block them.

Mrbob

They have over 40 million accounts, it must have slipped past. Why don't you tell them instead of complaining in this thread. :x

Also, my Hero Academy rage has subdued a little knowing any teams bought on ios can work on the steam version. I'll get the base game now.

Zia

Are you talking about the names people use in Team Fortress 2 or something else?

In all of Valve's games on Steam. I expect constant stupidity, offensive trash talk, etc, but it seems every server I hop into in CS:GO or TF2 I'm playing with someone with a name that's just unimaginably vile. I guess this is the wrong thread for this, and it seems people are desensitized to it, but whatever -- I was just curious as to why Valve doesn't have someone poking around making sure people don't have names involving child rape or molestation, or profile pictures like the person I traded with in TF2 earlier, which had a woman with what appeared to be an apple in her ass.

Edit: I'm finished. Was a simple question. Realize this thread is about consumerism and not Steam the platform.

In all of Valve's games on Steam. I expect constant stupidity, offensive trash talk, etc, but it seems every server I hop into in CS:GO or TF2 I'm playing with someone with a name that's just unimaginably vile. I guess this is the wrong thread for this, and it seems people are desensitized to it, but whatever -- I was just curious as to why Valve doesn't have someone poking around making sure people don't have names involving child rape or molestation, or profile pictures like the person I traded with in TF2 earlier, which had a woman with what appeared to be an apple in her ass.

Edit: I'm finished. Was a simple question. Realize this thread is about consumerism and not Steam.

lol Damn. Yeah, I guess I've become desensitized to it as I don't think twice about any of it. Although I have seen people banned in TF2 if their name was too offensive, but that was because of an admin on the server.

zkylon

zkylewd

Edit: I'm finished. Was a simple question. Realize this thread is about consumerism and not Steam the platform.
Ugh. I usually report such people, and so should you if you don't already.

If you go play in random public servers, you'll encounter random offensive shit. Some servers have rules about names, sprays and language (be it text or voice) that's acceptable with active mods and admins playing to enforce those rules. If those mods aren't on you can generally votekick or voteban problematic players.

In the regular servers I play in, these things aren't an issue. If I hop into some random server, generally you see shit like that. Best thing you can do is simply mute the player you don't like and/or report them if you want.

On one hand I don't think it'd be a bad thing if Valve did some policing to eliminate that kind of disgusting stuff or get rid of offensive user names but at the same time I would hate to see them go too far with it like Microsoft seems to do at times. I changed my Live name to GoodGriefIsGood and, like, a week later I got contacted by Microsoft and they claimed it was offensive because it promoted griefing in online games..but it was a reference to The Office/Peanuts comic strip. This was back in 2008 so maybe things are different with them now.

Rufus

In Blacklight, I've come across a clan that tried to make their emblem (a customizable icon next to every players' name, shows up on the scoreboard and elsewhere) look like the Nazi flag. Red background, white circle, black bio hazard symbol in the middle (closest thing to a swastika in the options). Some of them also used 88 and similar shit in the chat. That shit still gets me. The usual (and tacky) Noobkilla and GetSkilled kind of names don't even register any more.

Cade

Just popping in to make sure everyone's bought Binary Domain.

Also, what kind of game is Hero Academy? I understand it's an asynch turn-based strategy game, but is it close to Disgaea, Fire Emblem, etc. or something else?

Blizzard

Banned

Also, what kind of game is Hero Academy? I understand it's an asynch turn-based strategy game, but is it close to Disgaea, Fire Emblem, etc. or something else?
I think it's like chess or Advance Wars, with simple, quick army fighting on a small board.

ThrowTheBall

Neo Member

HoosTrax

It looks more like Heroes of Might and Magic than Fire Emblem to me. The board seems to be a specific size and layout, with one person on each side.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

The thread is for everything Steam related, including concerns about the platform or community. Of course, people are free to agree or disagree with your concerns.

Cade

Nah, you can upgrade characters in the middle of battle and if I'm remembering right that's it.

Sounds like I'd be into it and I'll look into picking it up.

It looks more like Heroes of Might and Magic than Fire Emblem to me. The board seems to be a specific size and layout, with one person on each side.

Alright, thanks. Sounds like it could be enjoyable.

Man, I wish more new releases on Steam had demos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom