• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
chrome2zc.png

Hmm, it's looks mirrored or upside down to me. I don't know why it bothers me so much, maybe because I always have the big Chrome icon on my taskbar.

Edit: No actually, looking at it closely, they definitely switched the yellow and green.

Or did you mean that the three sections randomly shuffle positions?
Video is from an earlier build, it's been fixed.
Response from developer on youtube said:
That is the Chrome logo--made to celebrate our release on Chrome! Go play it now at the main link in the description. Some of that video is from an early build before we corrected the color order. :) If you have the Saucer AirMech, the Chrome version is something you can ONLY get in the Chrome version of the game.

dot

Does the game suck less these days?

If this is about Maple, then it depends on when you last played it. There are a ton of new classes and they added a lot of things like part time jobs/professions, codex, new PQs, etc.

The game is still hacked to hell and back, i can say that for sure. :/

(is hopelessly addicted to it again)

parasight

So Hero Academy has cross-platform play, but I'm guessing my DLC from the iOS version won't carryover to the Steam version? $5 for each Pack seems like a lot when you consider they were like $2 on iOS.

Blizzard

Banned
So Hero Academy has cross-platform play, but I'm guessing my DLC from the iOS version won't carryover to the Steam version? $5 for each Pack seems like a lot when you consider they were like $2 on iOS.

From what people are saying, the teams should transfer as long as you use the same account.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
If this is about Maple, then it depends on when you last played it. There are a ton of new classes and they added a lot of things like part time jobs/professions, codex, new PQs, etc.

The game is still hacked to hell and back, i can say that for sure. :/

(is hopelessly addicted to it again)

Did they ever allow native controller support, and support for higher resolutions/widescreen?

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Just started playing Binary Domain earlier tonight. Got through chapter 1, a little over an hour played.

I would put the chances of the main character being a robot at 98%, with the remaining 2% chance being anybody else in the 5 person team being a robot.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Just started playing Binary Domain earlier tonight. Got through chapter 1, a little over an hour played.

I would put the chances of the main character being a robot at 98%, with the remaining 2% chance being anybody else in the 5 person team being a robot.

oic

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

:)

With that said,
all the cool characters in the game are robots in nature

Sober

JC2 was my sole reason to upgrade from XP to Windows 7. It was completely worth it.

Hell, I bought it on sale just to give myself a reason to upgrade my OS.

In case any 4x fans were thinking of getting Legends of Pegasus, don't. That game is broke to all hell in a delightful way that if it was in open beta you would still think 'wow, this is out early.' I feel for the developers cos it sounds like they are only small and were pushed for the release date, but if they don't patch in some stabilizing content soon it is going to be Sword of the Stars 2 all over again.

kami_sama

In case any 4x fans were thinking of getting Legends of Pegasus, don't. That game is broke to all hell in a delightful way that if it was in open beta you would still think 'wow, this is out early.' I feel for the developers cos it sounds like they are only small and were pushed for the release date, but if they don't patch in some stabilizing content soon it is going to be Sword of the Stars 2 all over again.

Wasn't SotS a broken game, without even considering the bugs?

hylje

Gah, missed JC2 sale. now 14.95€. early bird would have got a catch and I just woke up.
oh well. already have it, but was going to gift it to friend.

Thinking about buying mafia 2 from gamersgate, is any of the dlc worth buying?

I don't think so. I played through the game and it seemed like a complete experience. From what I hear, the dlc is arcadey side missions and while the game plays well, the biggest hook is the story.

Well that's disappointing.

To be perfectly honest, I regret buying Hero Academy a bit.

On one hand, I prefer playing it on PC as opposed to my iPhone thanks to the game list on the lefthand side. The TF2 team is awesome as well.

On the other it's really a barebones port and I'm almost 100% certain that they just lifted assets from the iPad version. Disappointing.

1-D_FTW

I've tried giving the game multiple chances, but I'm just going to accept the fact I don't like Quantum Conundrum and stop loading it up anymore.

To anyone contemplating, judge on its own merits and completely forget Kim Swift had anything to do with Portal. Loving one won't automatically mean you'll like the other.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Better (very) late than never:

untitled-2tljpt.jpg

(It didn't actually take me ~48 hours -- more around half that.)

I regret not playing the game on Apocalyptic; the game became increasingly easy once I started upgrading restoring War. Also, the game's achievement triggers break far too easily.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I regret not playing the game on Apocalyptic; the game became increasingly easy once I started upgrading restoring War. Also, the game's achievement triggers break far too easily.

Yeah, I learned that too late. I'm gonna do another replay eventually and leave my saves in the appropriate areas. I would eventually like to have 100%.

1-D_FTW

So apparently I still have my Darksiders saves.

What's the upgrade path to making this combat so easy?

I was annoyed by having to spend forever in combat (which then happens again every time I enter a new room). So I'd very much like to know the upgrade path that "busts shit up".

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So apparently I still have my Darksiders saves.

What's the upgrade path to making this combat so easy?

I was annoyed by having to spend forever in combat (which then happens again every time I enter a new room). So I'd very much like to know the upgrade path that "busts shit up".

I'd like to help, but I just splurged at Vulgrim's store after spending a few hours maxing out my weapons in the Iron Canopy. I was drowning in souls by that point.

HoosTrax

You guys are making me want to try getting into Darksiders again. The game is incompatible with my G13 (having a G13 installed causes a 360 controller to malfunction). I guess I should just suck it up and uninstall the G13 temporarily -- I kind of liked the arcade ARPGs I've played lately (Ys, Bastion).

1-D_FTW

Just checked another game off my backlog. No way I can bring my self to get through Jade Empire. Game has not aged gracefully graphically. And worse, after just coming off playing The Witcher, the dialogue/VA is atrocious.

I'd like to help, but I just splurged at Vulgrim's store after spending a few hours maxing out my weapons in the Iron Canopy. I was drowning in souls by that point.

Hmm. Redownloading now. Gonna have to see what I actually did there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom