• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I also have a copy of Nuclear Dawn to give away, as well as three RO2 GoTY guest passes.

Edit: Nuclear Dawn has gone to Iron Badger, while the guest passes are still available.

nyong

Banned
Not sure if this has been covered, but I purchased Deus Ex: Human Revolution during the Direct2Drive sale last week. I was able to activate that purchase on Steam to buy the on-sale DLC too.

Ledsen

Not sure if this has been covered, but I purchased Deus Ex: Human Revolution during the Direct2Drive sale last week. I was able to activate that purchase on Steam to buy the on-sale DLC too.

It's a Steamworks game, so it always activates on Steam.

iavi

Microsoft was the publisher on HMH: Super Mega Neo Climax, so it's probably them we have to thank for it being ported.

They said they were serious about bringing XBLA titles to Win (8), but I didn't think it'd extend to niche ones like this. So awesome.

jediyoshi

Payday The Heist is IGN Prime's free game this month, redeems on Steam.
Pretty sure Prime is bugged for me right now. My settings reads 'Current Term Ends: 12/31/1969' and I'm pretty sure it actually expired a month or two ago. Still got a key :|

Blizzard

Banned
If Bohemia knows anything about money and Steam sales, they will let it be on sale and VALVE WILL RAKE IN THE DOUGH.
I suspect Bohemia knows that WITHOUT any sales, it was hitting the #1 sales spot for quite some time, right? There wasn't any need for a sale to boost the numbers, especially when there were server issues.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I suspect Bohemia knows that WITHOUT any sales, it was hitting the #1 sales spot for quite some time, right? There wasn't any need for a sale to boost the numbers, especially when there were server issues.

Its basically been the number 1 game for the past month now. Only getting broken up by the new release or sale. There is no reason for a large sale, but they would be foolish not to part-take still. Something like 33-50% off. Making it 15 or 20$ for the pack needed. Just to get the "I just have to buy it on Steam and on Sale crowd!"

but they know the MATH...

Valve says when they put up a daily-deal/sale the quantity of sales increase exponentiallyY, even after the sale is over.

MATH nets them more money after the sale day for the game is up and it's back to regular price... It's Genius!

Have the boss fights been patched/fixed in Deus Ex:Human Evolution or do you still have to glitch them? I played the first couple of hours on the PS3 last year didn't get into it then.

Speevy

Banned
Speaking of Torchlight, I can't get it to run.

It just comes up with the little "Running Torchlight" Steam box, then it crashes Steam every time.

Blizzard

Banned
but they know the MATH...

Valve says when they put up a daily-deal/sale the quantity of sales increase exponentiallyY, even after the sale is over.

MATH nets them more money after the sale day for the game is up and it's back to regular price... It's Genius!
Selling more copies at the moment might get them additional negative publicity from their server/patch issues, AND might annoy Rocket. They're hard-pressed enough as it is. They can use that same math to apply at a later point if they ever stop having a constant steady stream of income.

Thanks Ubisoft.

Wanted top lay some Driver SAN FRAN tonight with family; I can't connect to UBI's shitty server. Apparently STEAM users are running the version before the latest patch. I hate this shit.

Thanks Ubisoft.

Wanted top lay some Driver SAN FRAN tonight with family; I can't connect to UBI's shitty server. Apparently STEAM users are running the version before the latest patch. I hate this shit.

Had problems with it too. For me it wouldn't play if I hadn't enabled my controller.

iavi

That doesn't mean Microsoft has anything to do with this.

True, but the point being made was that it's unlikely that Xseed is involved. This isn't a simple case of localizing an already dev'd PC port, but an all new PC port of the game. And from the precedents, there's a higher chance of MS fronting for this before Xseed, as odd as even I think that sounds.

wazoo

for companies like NISA, porting one first game to steam is the most difficult. Then, after thatn you can expect lot of games when they are used to the tools.

zulux21

"I guess "Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy" is coming to PC/Steam."
Very cool. Cladun 2X was added recently as well, right?

Seriously on both of those, awesome. I wonder if they will both support online play. Cladun 2x with full online play would be pure awesome @_@

for companies like NISA, porting one first game to steam is the most difficult. Then, after thatn you can expect lot of games when they are used to the tools.

I would love to see a disgaea game come to steam, and for them to leave it open for mods, and see where the fans take it lol

iavi

It's great to finally see a good amount of JP titles coming to the platform. A few of these I never at all would have expected.

Now for Atlus to get on board.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So where is the cheapest place to get Civ V Gods and Kings? Locally it's 27 bucks so I might find it cheaper online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom