• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
PC/Steam is a perfect fit for Atlus, NISA and XSEED imo:

- big and dedicated fanbase which is open to quirky games
- easy international releases
- cutting out of the retailer
- largely untapped market for Japanese games

-these mammoth games fit quite nicely into any backlog

...I kid, I kid. I'd love me some Disgaea on Steam.

I meant quote, as in, then you see the code in the email tag there. Just grab it and use it.
I claimed it, thanks a lot. Sorry Kami, I took it before I saw you actually quoted the message.

In the spirit of giving, the first person to answer this question correctly may have a copy of Nuclear Dawn. Which F1 driver shares his name (last name) with a character in The Usual Suspects?

HoosTrax

Woohoo I had almost forgotten that I had signed up for a Dota 2 invite a couple of weeks ago.

dota2inv.jpg

I wasn't expecting to get an invite at all since I had to put down in the survey questionnaire that I had zero experience in any kind of MOBA game. (Don't worry, I'll be spending some time with the bots so don't expect to see me noobing up your matches.)

Card Boy

Banned
Tribes Ascend got added again to the Steam registry, I guess its coming very soon. Something about a Steam Starter Pack aswell.

Woohoo I had almost forgotten that I had signed up for a Dota 2 invite a couple of weeks ago.

dota2inv.jpg

I wasn't expecting to get an invite at all since I had to put down in the survey questionnaire that I had zero experience in any kind of MOBA game. (Don't worry, I'll be spending some time with the bots so don't expect to see me noobing up your matches.)

I wish I could just give my DOTA 2 Beta to someone that would enjoy it, I just couldnt get into it

Twinduct

Hey I got money!
Now I'm excited for the sale again! Whooddaaathunkiiit!
Gameplan:

Looking for a sale on Arma 2 and most likely will grab anything good that's either <=5 USD or 75%-90%

DagsJT

Hey I got money!
Gameplan:

Looking for a sale on Arma 2 and most likely will grab anything good that's either <=5 USD or 75%-90%

Similar to me. Got to be £5 at the most and 75% or more off.

Danj

Hey I got money!
Gameplan:

There'll be shitloads of that, don't worry. You'll have a multi-hundred Steam library backlog in no time, just like the rest of us.

Jamie OD

I would love to see that happen. It does look like the games from those companies and Steam would be a very appealing combination.

I'm going to try and spend my weekend playing through the first two Penny Arcade episodes before the new one comes out.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
25% off Quantum Conundrum on GMG (voucher code QUANT-UMCON-UNDRM).

I advise those interested in the title to ignore Meer's grossly verbose RPS review and its hinge upon the fact this game isn't as witty or narratively clever as Portal.

MRORANGE

I don't think I've ever bought a non-Steam game from GMG.

The only reason why GMG is doing well is because of Steam.

Also Quantum Conundrum humour is like Police Academy 6 without the funny guy making sound effects - basically the humour is non-existent.

other than that the game puzzle's are quite fun, not in the same league as portal but fairly similar with more focus on timing.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well, I've still got $5 in credit at GMG. Anyone who's played it think it's worth $6.25?

Absolutely. Just remember that the Portal lineage starts and ends with its mechanics and puzzle design.

14aj1nn.png

it's right there, right under the price!

Tinypic is banned here on the count of the service reassigning URLs, which has been known to result in some older images suddenly becoming NSFW.

Danj

Tinypic is banned here on the count of the service reassigning URLs, which has been known to result in some older images suddenly becoming NSFW.

Yeah Imgur was down and I brainfarted on image hosts. I've put it on imageshack instead. Had to use the Inspect Element function in Chrome to get the URL though, it kept trying to prompt me to sign up.

Is the original Deus Ex similar to Deus Ex Human Revolution? Did a stealth playtrough on HR and I liked it. Wonder if it's more/less action based and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom