• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Daily Deal - Bejeweled® 3 $3.99 (80% off).

One of the greatest games ever made. If you don't own this, your life is incomplete. I was just playing it last night, Poker mode is so addictive. I might as well drop a couple extras into my inventory.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I've been keeping an eye out for it and was thinking it wasn't coming. Glad I can add it to my steam collection.

Would you suggest that during the period of time where you thought the game wasn't coming to Steam... you kept a dark eye on it?

ShaneB

I had a feeling it would be up there. I expect Deponia to also be $20+

Yeah, I should've known, considering Whispered World still has a a beefy base price I guess. I hate to say it, but I guess I'm hoping it shows up in the Summer Sale :( I guess that may cut into my Sale fund.

One of the greatest games ever made. If you don't own this, your life is incomplete. I was just playing it last night, Poker mode is so addictive. I might as well drop a couple extras into my inventory.

I was going to mention the same thing. Bejewled 3 is so awesome.

DagsJT

Saw Lego Batman 2 on Steam, browsed to the page and went away. Just went to add it to my wishlist and it's now gone off Steam. Odd.

Edit: And back again.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Lego Batman 2 is now out on Steam

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/213330/

LEGO® Batman 2 DC Super Heroes™ is Now Available on Steam and 10% off until 10AM PST Friday, June 29th. Owners of LEGO Batman, LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 or LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 get an additional 5% off.

LEGO Batman is also available at 33% off until 10AM PST Friday, June 29th.

I wonder if this will be Aussie Taxed. The Lego Harry Potter games are, however the original Lego Batman isn't.

Your avatar is so pretty.

Saoirse Ronan: 1
YouTube's repugnant 480p video quality: 0

jarosh

More to the point, why are people so enamored with portals, they are not really that interesting to begin with.

Lambast me if you will, I don't get it.

I'm not sure. Although Portal is the only series with portals in it that I've personally played. This one looks moderately interesting because it's 2d, claims to be a "metroidvania" and has a very curious looking time travel portal mechanic.

I'm not sure. Although Portal is the only series with portals in it that I've personally played. This one looks moderately interesting because it's 2d, claims to be a "metroidvania" and has a very curious looking time travel portal mechanic.

Fair enough that game does kinda look interesting.

As for portals it's just that Prey did first person portals, among older ones like half life, and portals have been in rpg's like D2 for ages upon ages.

I like Portal and Portal 2 for the exploration factor, not really the portals as a puzzle mechanic because it honestly wasn't that novel or difficult imho.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
KOA: Reckoning was really hyped up by some at the start of the year. I didn't like what I played of it at all.
It was Fable without all the hugging bullshit. What it demonstrated to me was that Fable would still have been a shitty game without all the hugging bullshit.

Bejeweled 3 is the steam daily @ 80% off/$3.99: http://store.steampowered.com/app/78000/
I really shouldn't encourage people right before the sale but I love this game. After Zuma, PvZ or Peggle, it's another incredibly engrossing yet very simple popcap game. I can't say exactly what the popcap crack recipe is but it has this mix of a simple presentation, with a great basic formula/premise exploited to its limits with a tight gameplay.
Bejeweled 3 is only second to PvZ when it comes to addiction for me.

I really shouldn't encourage people right before the sale but I love this game. After Zuma, PvZ or Peggle, it's another incredibly engrossing yet very simple popcap game. I can't say exactly what the popcap crack recipe is but it has this mix of a simple presentation, with a great basic formula/premise exploited to its limits with a tight gameplay.
Bejeweled 3 is only second to PvZ when it comes to addiction for me.

Is Bejeweled basically Tetris Attack? Kind of looks like it. Or Columns?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Never understood why people buy Bejeweled, there's dozens of free clones on Flash websites and Facebook etc.

Because they don't compare to the real thing. B3 has some particularly awesome new modes, in addition to the one-of-a-kind PopCap presentation style that other puzzle games can't compete with. Even the official Facebook Bejeweled is barebones in comparison to the PC game.

Is Bejeweled basically Tetris Attack? Kind of looks like it. Or Columns?
Not really, it does rely on a color based mechanics but there's no grid filling: the screen is filled from the start and all you do are permutations between blocks.

Never understood why people buy Bejeweled, there's dozens of free clones on Flash websites and Facebook etc.
Why would people pay for any FPS or MMORPG when F2P solutions exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom