• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

Has anyone played Vindictus? Can it be considered Play 2 win?

I don't believe the NA version has any PVP whatsoever. In any case the meat of the game is just PVE, at most I think you can just get items to increase the rate you get exp. It's easy enough to run into those while playing the game though.

chixdiggit

Damn, I'm super tempted to preorder Ghost Recon Future Soldier. Seems like it's a terrible idea especially with the Summer Sale around the corner.

Card Boy

Banned
Someone want to test if Vindictus is IP region locked outside the US & Canada? (meaning if you can log in)

Heres the install link.

steam://run/212160

Literally copy and past that into your browser address bar or click on it and select Steam.

zulux21

Damn, I love the Binding of Issac. Played it more than any game (besides ME2) and paid so little for it!

it's one of the few single player games I have double dipped on (for by my wife's and my steam accounts) that I didn't get in a indie bundle lol

it's just that good that we didn't want to share when the expansion came out :p

Ceebs

Damn, I'm super tempted to preorder Ghost Recon Future Soldier. Seems like it's a terrible idea especially with the Summer Sale around the corner.

Go buy yourself a Samsung 830 SSD on Newegg instead. They are giving away the game for free with them.

:)

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Anyone want Ben There Dan That/Time Gentleman pack? Got an extra copy for you fine members of the master race.

EDIT: GONE!

Derrick01

Banned
This sale needs to start soon. I have 40 in my steam wallet and I'm sweating every time I look at the store trying to force myself not to buy something. I came *this* close to buying lego batman 2 today.

Also I'm not going to make it through this sale with 40 I can already tell. I'm too desperate to buy something.

This sale needs to start soon. I have 40 in my steam wallet and I'm sweating every time I look at the store trying to force myself not to buy something. I came *this* close to buying lego batman 2 today.

Also I'm not going to make it through this sale with 40 I can already tell. I'm too desperate to buy something.

I wish you luck. $40 is gonna be a tight squeeze to try and get some good games. You might as well embrace this and set a limit of $100.

I've set my personal limit at $150. I don't think i'll get to that point though.

edit: What is the purpose of Steam Wallet? Why not have your CC or Debit Card linked to your account and practice smart spending?
2X edit: Though, I guess it goes without saying, smart spending and Steam Sales don't really go hand in hand.

Derrick01

Banned
I wish you luck. $40 is gonna be a tight squeeze to try and get some good games. You might as well embrace this and set a limit of $100.

I've set my personal limit at $150. If I get to that point, I will have my wife slap me.

Well there's not much that I actually want since I've pretty much bought them all. I'm just in a boredom stretch where I'll get stuff just to have something to play. I can't go too far over my limit though because I need money for the onslaught of Fall games.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm very amused that Snuggler is currently playing Snuggle Truck.

I didn't last very long. :(

8A068EB88ED083D1BBA43108D7855473F581A182

I got paid last night. Bring on the sale, Gaben. My goal is to break 900. Which won't be hard.

I hope it doesn't start July 12th. I'm going on vacation the 9th-16th.

As long as you aren't using onboard graphics you should be more than fine, I would guess on max settings.

I have a Geforce 450 GTS OC 1GB

From the requirements it sounds like it. You could always download the demo first to be sure, It's only like 700mb.

http://videogames.lego.com/en-us/LEGOBatman2DCSuperHeroes/DEMODownload/Content/Default.aspx

I downloaded it yesterday, It run well but it's just the first mission, I couldn't see the open world, so I don't know if my cpu could run it without low fps, because on Steam the Recommended Req. is Quad Core at 2.7 Ghz

Joe Molotov

Don't you have like 1500 games on Steam? Why do you need a sale lol?

I don't need one; I'd be perfectly happy if there wasn't one. But I'll still spend way too much money when there is one. Things only really start to get interesting after you hit 1000. Before that, it's like "Oh, I need Deus Ex and Assassin's Creed and Skyrim, etc..." the stuff everybody wants. But after a while, you own all of that goes, so then what do you buy? You gotta dig down deep, start collecting Nancy Drew mysteries and edutainment titles. Stuff most people have never heard of. It's like exploring a lost continent of gaming, hacking your way through a sea of values to get at the hidden tomb of Secret of the Magic Crystal and Horrid Henry.

I don't need one; I'd be perfectly happy if there wasn't one. But I'll still spend way too much money when there is one. Things only really start to get interesting after you hit 1000. Before that, it's like "Oh, I need Deus Ex and Assassin's Creed and Skyrim, etc..." the stuff everybody wants. But after a while, you own all of that goes, so then what do you buy? You gotta dig down deep, start collecting Nancy Drew mysteries and edutainment titles. Stuff most people have never heard of. It's like exploring a lost continent of gaming, hacking your way through a sea of values to get at the hidden tomb of Secret of the Magic Crystal and Horrid Henry.

Hah, I do that over going for the Skyrim's and Creed's.

on the fence with Bejeweled. I just feel like it would get a lot more playtime if it was in my phone or something.

Yeah, I had Bejeweled blitz on my phone and that is a really good time killing game. But I am enjoying the production values and extra game modes on the PC version. Heck, I was just impressed that it's a pop cap game that supports 1920x1200. Plus, it has steam achievements.

Are you saying this game is good? I have had it for the last 2 years but never installed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom