• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

Banned
It deletes files that are used to download the games but not actually needed for them to run. If you have a lot of games, it can clear a ton of space.

Freed up 2.5gb, not bad considering I don't have too many games installed. Now if I had done this before my previous hard drive died it probably would have been closer to 20.

HenryHSH

I'm so ready for this sale. Blizzard is paying for my games this year.
3AQmK.gif

1-D_FTW

So what's the opinion? Has Valve gotten better at hiding Steam Registry additions, or is this thing not happening this week? Added some funds just in case it starts today.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
So what's the opinion? Has Valve gotten better at hiding Steam Registry additions, or is this thing not happening this week? Added some funds just in case it starts today.
Probably the latter I reckon. Anyway, when it hits, we'll know about it.

Danj

I think we're expecting Thursday 28th June so there's a few days yet. It better not be before that as I don't get paid till then.

1-D_FTW

Oh, that's right. These do tend to start on Thursday.

Actually, I kind of hope they do succeed in hiding the registry bits. Imagine everyone's excitement if the winter sale (and free games) had gone live without anyone knowing beforehand.

It deletes files that are used to download the games but not actually needed for them to run. If you have a lot of games, it can clear a ton of space.
I won't use a third party software to do something i could do manually and with more control, but this is indeed interesting. How does Steam handle redistributables? Does it groups then in one universal folder or it varies according to game?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
What is going on where is that date coming from oh god oh god

/checks his bank account

:(

Danj

I won't use a third party software to do something i could do manually and with more control, but this is indeed interesting. How does Steam handle redistributables? Does it groups then in one universal folder or it varies according to game?

I believe the problem is that each game has its own copy of the redistributables, which is why people are able to recover so much space by deleting them.

Derrick01

Banned
Did these sales really all start on thursdays? I really don't remember that at all.

edit: Nevermind google tells me they did. Well damn.

mxgt

Banned
I recently came across quite a bit of money and I can't wait to blow it all on games I'll never play/play for 10 minutes and then uninstall

You know maybe it's just "when they're ready"? They're negotiating deals with so many parties, maybe they don't know when they're going to be ready. And it could be today, tomorrow or any other day. And maybe they don't plan it so formally to be on a specific date. Because they don't care.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
There was an Autumn Sale in 2011, BUT it really wasn't the same as the Summer and Holiday Sales. For starters, it happened literally right before the Winter sale by a few days. Also it only was just that, a sale. No special 'mechanic' to it. Only a select handful of games were on sale also, not almost the entire Steam catalog. And so far it's been a one time deal, to my knowledge. It was more a 'special' sale that happens regularly on random dates. Like how the below user mentions, I believe there was a 'Halloween Sale' last year.

ShaneB

Damn that tempting TLR sale. A perfect example of a game I'd wonder if I'd even play considering my interest in jrpg's has divebomb, but it's 7.50!! I'd be saving so much money! Very cool that the Japanese voice option is there though.

Damn that tempting TLR sale. A perfect example of a game I'd wonder if I'd even play considering my interest in jrpg's has divebomb, but it's 7.50!! I'd be saving so much money! Very cool that the Japanese voice option is there though.

Do you own a controller?

Yes? Buy it.

No? Don't buy it.

ShaneB

Do you own a controller?

Yes? Buy it.

No? Don't buy it.

Your logic is impecible, and I do have a controller, but that doesn't solve the issue of wondering when I'd actually get around to playing it :p Dammit, must resist! I guess my 100$ SS budget could change to 92.50..

Relax.MX

Your logic is impecible, and I do have a controller, but that doesn't solve the issue of wondering when I'd actually get around to playing it :p Dammit, must resist! I guess my 100$ SS budget could change to 92.50..

You dont have the IGN prime discount?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom