• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

daxy

Oh, wow. Crazy savings.

I've got my mind set on a few games and I'll try to limit myself to those. There aren't any games I really want on Steam apart from those I've got on my wishlist. Maybe I'll finally start going through my backlog when that's done.

Re: Last Remnant, I got it on Steam a while ago, but the battle system never made any sense to me so I couldn't get into it. Maybe I'm just dumb.

never forget:

gXf3p.png

-5% is about what I'd pay for it.

In what country is this currency used?

sazzy

poking around a bit more at gamersgate.. looking at:

dungeon siege 3 for 5
just cause 2 + all DLC for 12.50
last remnant for 7.50

should i wait to check out the steam sale this week or get these now? :\

xXJonoXx

should i wait to check out the steam sale this week or get these now? :

I personally think all the DLC for Just Cause 2 is mediocre at best. The base game has been $4.99 many times on multiple sites during multiple sales over the past couple years. Was just $5 on Gamefly download last week. No matter where you get it, it's a steam game so you just need a key. Don't waste $7.50 on the DLC. Use that money toward something better during the steam sale.

Levyne

Banned
The Last Remnant love (or at least eagerness for people to try it) brings a tear to my eye :)

Most of you will like it I feel. Little rough around the edges on the "second disk" but still very enjoyable.

Force V-Sync

sazzy

I personally think all the DLC for Just Cause 2 is mediocre at best. The base game has been $4.99 many times on multiple sites during multiple sales over the past couple years. Was just $5 on Gamefly download last week. No matter where you get it, it's a steam game so you just need a key. Don't waste $7.50 on the DLC. Use that money toward something better during the steam sale.

alright thanks!

SteveWD40

I would be up for Black Op's in a daily deal but I doubt it will dip below 50% just cos it's COD.

Also, Penny Arcade Ep3 by Zeboyd hit's as well, $4.99 and Cthulu Saves the World for free in that price...

dungeon siege 3 for 5
last remnant for 7.50

should i wait to check out the steam sale this week or get these now? :\
Last Remnant and Dungeon Siege probably won't get any cheaper on Steam. Just Cause has been cheaper already. DLC doesn't really add anything aside from some weapons and vehicles.

But it's all just guesswork. If you think the game is worth the price there, just get it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Fuck that, Risen 1 is fantastic.

Yeah, I beat Risen 1 earlier this year and really loved it. It was like the only game I played for a week or so. The 35 hours I spent with it never felt boring and the world design was top notch.

Oh the writing was surprisingly good too.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Yeah, I beat Risen 1 earlier this year and really loved it. It was like the only game I played for a week or so. The 35 hours I spent with it never felt boring and the world design was top notch.

I fully agree.

eznark

Banned

The only thing "...really bad" about it was the voice acting. I loved that game. Every bit as much as Skyrim.

kswiston

I doubt you'll see anywhere near that sort of discount for Max Payne since it just came out and Skyrim still sells well so I doubt we'll see anything over 50%, most likely 33% but you never know.

I could see 50% off as the daily for Skyrim and 33% for the duration of the sale. I highly doubt the game will go lower than that though. Like you said, it is still in the top 10 best seller's list. Also, Bethesda is pretty stingy with the sales on their Elder Scrolls and Fallout 3 stuff. We rarely even get Oblivion or Morrowind on Sale for 75% off. Fallout 3 GOTY edition was out for 2 years before we got a 75% off sale. It took like a year and a half to get a 66% off sale.

Derrick01

Banned

The one DLC that gives your parachutes jet boosters is essential IMO. The land vehicles control like shit and it's a pain to buy or search for an air vehicle every time you travel so it's easier to just fly with the fast parachute.

The negative about it is when you die or restart a checkpoint/mission you lose them and have to buy more. But you can get mods to either make you invincible or make every black market item free.

mclem

So, probably stating the obvious here, but Pyromania ends Wednesday -> Steam Sale starts Thursday?

Thursday strikes me as a mildly odd day to start, but it makes sense with everything else that's going on.

Edit: I see now this is already pretty much established. Had never really registered the history of Steam Sale start dates before.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
So, probably stating the obvious here, but Pyromania ends Wednesday -> Steam Sale starts Thursday?

Thursday strikes me as a mildly odd day to start, but it makes sense with everything else that's going on.

Edit: I see now this is already pretty much established. Had never really registered the history of Steam Sale start dates before.

I see you edited, but just for completeness sake :p

mOzeU.jpg

kharma45

For some reason I always thought Steam summer sales started on a Sunday at 1800 BST, never realised they're on a Thursday.

I think this is the gaming "event" I look forward to most each year. It's much easier to tolerate the run-up to E3 these days, especially since we find out virtually everything new during that period anyway. Not even Blizzcon hype can top this excitement. I don't even need games! I'm expecting to spend much less this time around than ever before. It's just fun to toss recommendations back and forth, try a smattering of this or that based on those recommendations and watching what does well with the gaf crowd. Can't wait to write glowing recommendations for Defense Grid, Orcs Must Die and Atom Zombie Smasher for the umpteenth time!

I know the thread is already a gibbering mess...sorry. >.< Can't help it. Three more days!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Prepare yourself, the deluge of "is x worth it", will x be cheaper on a daily deal" and "omg just bought so many games" posts are coming.

Eh, those posts come and go. The truly special post I'm looking forward to is the "Oh my god, I've been working 240 hours straight and missed the whole sale! =(" post.

Those are like fine wine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom