• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
At least the characters in Revelations are good

club_ben-1.png

I don't really understand the quip about his age. Is there a certain age where you realize you're able to kick someone's ass? Like, if I'm 44, I'm like "man, I can't tell if I can kick this guy's ass", but then my birthday rolls around, and suddenly it's like "I can see ur power level and I no I can kick ur ass"? Like, I agree that with age can come wisdom, but I'm not really sure the expression makes any sense, because I'd say that a younger man, even were he unsure about his ass-kicking ability, would be more brash. We'd expect age to temper someone's instincts to brawl, right?

I might be giving this too much thought.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I don't really understand the quip about his age. Is there a certain age where you realize you're able to kick someone's ass? Like, if I'm 44, I'm like "man, I can't tell if I can kick this guy's ass", but then my birthday rolls around, and suddenly it's like "I can see ur power level and I no I can kick ur ass"? Like, I agree that with age can come wisdom, but I'm not really sure the expression makes any sense, because I'd say that a younger man, even were he unsure about his ass-kicking ability, would be more brash. We'd expect age to temper someone's instincts to brawl, right?

I like to totally roleplay as Ben. It isn't that the comment needs to make sense, it's about how it makes sense in his mind. What is the mental state of a person who would answer a straight forward question like that? What would he do in other situations?

It's metagame/emergent gaming at its finest.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I like to totally roleplay as Ben. It isn't that the comment needs to make sense, it's about how it makes sense in his mind. What is the mental state of a person who would answer a straight forward question like that? What would be do in other situations.

It's metagame/emergent gaming at its finest.

Good point, I thought I was making a commentary about Revelations 2012, but really I was just unpacking the deep and textured psychology of Ben.

Now everybody who said that Revelations 2012 is shittier than Mutant Mudds so the latter should be accepted as well can try this game at a new low price.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Now everybody who said that Revelations 2012 is shittier than Mutant Mudds so the latter should be accepted as well can try this game at a new low price.

I'm waiting for the Summer Sale, just in case it goes lower. Then I'll buy a 4 pack, play it with some friends, and have more fun with it than Serious Same.

Not a typo, Sam fans. Putting you on blast.

Adnor

Banned
What does Serious Sam have that Revelations doesn't?

For what I've seen, more than one weapon, better gunplay, more enemy types, better music, and better level design (but yeah, SS levels can be very repetitive, so I understand why some people don't like those games).

Blizzard

Banned
For what I've seen, more than one weapon, better gunplay, more enemy types, better music, and better level design (but yeah, SS levels can be very repetitive, so I understand why some people don't like those games).
Also more polished, potentially more fun, and has what, 4 pages of PC-specific graphics settings? I think the lighting looks great in one or more of the recent Serious Sam games as well.

Adnor

Banned
Also more polished, potentially more fun, and has what, 4 pages of PC-specific graphics settings? I think the lighting looks great in one or more of the recent Serious Sam games as well.

Yeah.
Also every game should have the color options of SS3.

Gav47

I kinda lean towards Megan cause she seems like the strong female type

http://www.darkartzentertainment.com/wp-content/gallery/comic-strips/club_megan.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

I thought Megan was the sassy one and Kelly was the strong woman.

[IMG]http://www.darkartzentertainment.com/wp-content/gallery/comic-strips/club_kelly.png

She answered "Build your case" and "I OBJECT", get it cause shes a lawyer

And here's Corey

club_corey.png

Videogames are the worst

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

iInSUpEugezR1.gif

More enemy types is meaningless when the majority of them just run at you with no actual AI.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.

You may be, but frankly, it simply doesn't make sense. After looking at that profile, I thought that was a photoshop for some sort of parody, I almost wish it was. There's "indie" and there's "completely lacking in any creativity or effort", this is not the former.

Valve are trolling us now, they must have heard the complaints about the game, they cannot have put it on a daily deal with a straight face, especially given the timing.

Nobody wants their good game to go on a daily right before the big summer sale, that would be terrible strategy. Seems like a straightforward reason there's been so much junk lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom