• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

I can't wait for people who ignore rule 1. That shit is glorious.
It's cringeworthy every time I see it unfold during a publisher weekend. And you know it's the same people who will run off to SPUF to qq and demand a refund once they see the game they bought a few days ago drop down to -75%.

I love those minutes leading up to noon where the store keeps crashing and everyone is refreshing and screaming and no one can buy anything and you have to wait for a sceencap from some lucky dude that happened to get through just to see what's on sale.

kafiend

It's cringeworthy every time I see it unfold during a publisher weekend. And you know it's the same people who will run off to SPUF to qq and demand a refund once they see the game they bought a few days ago drop down to -75%.

I like it when people claim to have no knowledge of rule Number 1 despite being active in the thread.

Fox318

I love those minutes leading up to noon where the store keeps crashing and everyone is refreshing and screaming and no one can buy anything and you have to wait for a sceencap from some lucky dude that happened to get through just to see what's on sale.

And during that time Neogaf is down so you are searching on twitter to see that screencap

G8n0f.png
You're going to hate me but hats and HL3 shouldn't be in the denominator while the price should be.

Taffer

Someone was asking what that Steam cleaner does

Code:
-----------------------------
Mon Jun 25 16:04:58 BST 2012

(logfile) :
- Delete file : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\bastion\dotNetFx35setup.exe ... OK
- Delete file : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\bastion\xnafx31_redist.msi ... OK
- Delete file : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\bit.trip runner\Dependencies\vcredist_x86.exe ... OK
- Delete file : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\blocks that matter\Prerequisites\vcredist_x86.exe ... OK
- Delete file : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\command and conquer red alert 3\VC80_Redist\vcredist_x86.exe ... OK
- Delete file : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\cthulhu saves the world\dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe ... OK
- Delete file : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\cthulhu saves the world\xnafx40_redist.msi ... OK
- Delete file : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\dawn of war 2\Install\gfwlivesetup.exe ... OK
- Delete file : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\redist\vcredist_x86-sp1.exe ... OK
- Delete file : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto IV Episodes from Liberty City\Installers\gfwlivesetup.exe ... OK
- Delete file : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto IV Episodes from Liberty City\Installers\vcredist_x86.exe ... OK
- Delete file : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\jamestown\redist\vcredist_x86.exe ... OK
- Delete file : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\poker night at the inventory\vcredist_x86.exe ... OK
- Delete file : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\VCRedist\vcredist_x86.exe ... OK
- Delete file : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\sins of a solar empire trinity\redist\vcredist_2005sp1_x86.exe ... OK
- Delete file : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\terraria\dotNetFx40_Full_setup.exe ... OK
- Delete file : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\terraria\dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe ... OK
- Delete file : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\terraria\xnafx40_redist.msi ... OK
- Delete file : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\torchlight\vcredist_x86.exe ... OK
- Delete file : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\trine\PhysX_9.09.0408_SystemSoftware.exe ... OK
- Delete folder : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\battlefield 2\directx ... OK
- Delete folder : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\battlefield 2\redist ... OK
- Delete folder : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\bit.trip runner\Dependencies ... OK
- Delete folder : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\blocks that matter\Prerequisites ... OK
- Delete folder : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\cogs\DirectX ... OK
- Delete folder : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\dungeon defenders\Binaries\Redist ... OK
- Delete folder : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\redist ... OK
- Delete folder : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\redist\directx ... OK
- Delete folder : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto IV Episodes from Liberty City\Installers ... OK
- Delete folder : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\jamestown\redist ... OK
- Delete folder : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\mountblade warband\DirectX ... OK
- Delete folder : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\poker night at the inventory\DirectX ... OK
- Delete folder : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\DirectX ... OK
- Delete folder : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\VCRedist ... OK
- Delete folder : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\sins of a solar empire trinity\redist ... OK
- Delete folder : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\supreme commander 2\DirectX ... OK
- Delete folder : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\torchlight\DirectX ... OK
- Delete folder : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\trine\directx ... OK

You saved 1468.81 MB

Doesn't look like anything you can't delete yourself but it saves digging through Steamy subfolders.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
It happens every time. Sales newbies get too excited.

Well, people like myself who came from the console world never saw sales like 75% off. So I can see why people could go sale crazy if they see the 33% or so.

However, I would never call or email to complain if I bought a game on sale and then the next week it was a much cheaper price. It had to have been worth the original sale price if they bought it, so they shouldn't be entitled to refunds.

kswiston

What's rule number 1?

This is my first steam sale

Don't buy anything that is not a daily deal. There are exceptions. Small indie games that are 75-80% off from the start are typically safe. However, it's still best to wait until the last day to buy non-daily deals.

Someone was asking what that Steam cleaner does

Code:
Mon Jun 25 16:04:58 BST 2012

(logfile) :
- Delete file : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\bastion\dotNetFx35setup.exe ... OK
- Delete file : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\bastion\xnafx31_redist.msi ... OK
- Delete file : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\bit.trip runner\Dependencies\vcredist_x86.exe ... OK
- Delete file : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\blocks that matter\Prerequisites\vcredist_x86.exe ... OK
- Delete file : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\command and conquer red alert 3\VC80_Redist\vcredist_x86.exe ... OK
- Delete file : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\cthulhu saves the world\dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe ... OK
- Delete file : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\cthulhu saves the world\xnafx40_redist.msi ... OK
- Delete file : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\dawn of war 2\Install\gfwlivesetup.exe ... OK
- Delete file : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\redist\vcredist_x86-sp1.exe ... OK
- Delete file : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto IV Episodes from Liberty City\Installers\gfwlivesetup.exe ... OK
- Delete file : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto IV Episodes from Liberty City\Installers\vcredist_x86.exe ... OK
- Delete file : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\jamestown\redist\vcredist_x86.exe ... OK
- Delete file : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\poker night at the inventory\vcredist_x86.exe ... OK
- Delete file : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\VCRedist\vcredist_x86.exe ... OK
- Delete file : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\sins of a solar empire trinity\redist\vcredist_2005sp1_x86.exe ... OK
- Delete file : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\terraria\dotNetFx40_Full_setup.exe ... OK
- Delete file : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\terraria\dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe ... OK
- Delete file : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\terraria\xnafx40_redist.msi ... OK
- Delete file : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\torchlight\vcredist_x86.exe ... OK
- Delete file : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\trine\PhysX_9.09.0408_SystemSoftware.exe ... OK
- Delete folder : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\battlefield 2\directx ... OK
- Delete folder : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\battlefield 2\redist ... OK
- Delete folder : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\bit.trip runner\Dependencies ... OK
- Delete folder : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\blocks that matter\Prerequisites ... OK
- Delete folder : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\cogs\DirectX ... OK
- Delete folder : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\dungeon defenders\Binaries\Redist ... OK
- Delete folder : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\redist ... OK
- Delete folder : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\redist\directx ... OK
- Delete folder : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto IV Episodes from Liberty City\Installers ... OK
- Delete folder : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\jamestown\redist ... OK
- Delete folder : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\mountblade warband\DirectX ... OK
- Delete folder : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\poker night at the inventory\DirectX ... OK
- Delete folder : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\DirectX ... OK
- Delete folder : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\VCRedist ... OK
- Delete folder : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\sins of a solar empire trinity\redist ... OK
- Delete folder : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\supreme commander 2\DirectX ... OK
- Delete folder : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\torchlight\DirectX ... OK
- Delete folder : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\trine\directx ... OK

You saved 1468.81 MB

Doesn't look like anything you can't delete yourself but it saves digging through Steamy subfolders.

If you've already deleted local content (Removed the game) Steam takes care of this automatically right? When I scanned it only showed a couple of games, both of which were currently installed.

Lancehead

What's rule number 1?

This is my first steam sale

Wait for the Daily Deals. Games will be discounted throughout the sale duration, but if they're featured in daily deals they'll have bigger discount. If the game you want doesn't feature in any daily deal, you can buy it on the last day of the sale for the regular discount.

Derrick01

Banned
Well, people like myself who came from the console world never saw sales like 75% off. So I can see why people could go sale crazy if they see the 33% or so.

However, I would never call or email to complain if I bought a game on sale and then the next week it was a much cheaper price. It had to have been worth the original sale price if they bought it, so they shouldn't be entitled to refunds.

I can relate, we were all excited by a steam sale once.

Taffer

If you've already deleted local content (Removed the game) Steam takes care of this automatically right? When I scanned it only showed a couple of games, both of which were currently installed.

Looking around my Steam folder it seems that Steam removes everything except whatever saves/profiles are in the game's subfolder.

LeCapitan

Neo Member
poking around a bit more at gamersgate.. looking at:

dungeon siege 3 for 5
just cause 2 + all DLC for 12.50
last remnant for 7.50

should i wait to check out the steam sale this week or get these now? :\

Thanks for this. I picked up the Last Remnant, been wanting to try it out. I'm happy that it can be activated on Steam.

Salsa

you guys are nuts Revelations is great

http://validgaming.com/revelations-2012/

see for yourself

Pros:

Looks a lot like Left For Dead
Environment modeled after factual locations
New Concept of Weapon System
Not too steep of a learning curve
Various Versus Modes
Unique Versus Gameplay
Takes best parts of familiar games (Left for dead, starcraft, call of duty and etc.)
Room for expansion (DLC’s)
Team-heavy gameplay
Challenging

Cons:

Looks a lot like Left For Dead
It’s not out yet
Very heavily reliant on Mayan culture; which may deter some from playing, seeing as every media outlet is trying to play off of the Mayan Doomsday
Parts of the game like unique artwork or points of interest that relate to Mayan culture may go over many uninformed gamers head unless prompted.

if you think it sucks it's because you're an uninformed gamer

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'll defer to my previous comments regarding Revelations 2012 and Serious Sam:

"It's the game Serious Sam actually is, but it isn't called Serious Sam so it gets the derision that style of game deserves."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom