• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
At long last we found this fella's family

3LspD.jpg

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
One page without people crying about the summer sale or asking about it. Just one page!

Anyways, Vindictus being on Steam has been pretty awesome. Not having to go through the browser boot is a massive plus.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I enjoy the Serious Sam games for what they are (mindless shooters), however the penultimate level of Serious Sam 3 is terrible. The game stops being even remotely fun when you're stuck in a level that is essentially a very long corridor and so overwhelmed by the literally thousands of enemies that you're either bouncing around in the air or dead far more often than you're actively attacking.

One page without people crying about the summer sale or asking about it. Just one page!

Anyways, Vindictus being on Steam has been pretty awesome. Not having to go through the browser boot is a massive plus.

Do you have to make an account or can you login via Steam like in Spiral Knights?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Do you have to make an account or can you login via Steam like in Spiral Knights?

You still have to make an account, but it takes me to a quick pop-up screen instead with both servers listed on the same page. It also links one Nexon Account to One Steam account, saving you're account name, so all you need to do is type in your password.

The non-steam one use to direct me to a webpage or something, where I'd have to choose my server, and then it would let me log in.

kswiston

Can't wait for the sale thread where people bitch about nothing good being offered despite discounts on 800+ games and 12-15 daily deals.

Prototype 1 has a good chance at finally hitting the magic $5 mark, so that is on my radar for this sale. Other than that, I think I will be focusing on smaller games again.

You still have to make an account, but it takes me to a quick pop-up screen instead with both servers listed on the same page. It also links one Nexon Account to One Steam account, saving you're account name, so all you need to do is type in your password.

The non-steam one use to direct me to a webpage or something, where I'd have to choose my server, and then it would let me log in.

Better than nothing, it's safe to start playing this in Europe then :) Thanks.

ATF487

Bought the penny arcade game, always wanted to try the other zeboyd games too.

Also the PA game has free dlc, according to the steam page.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That part just outright sucked. Enjoyable otherwise. It's fun switching weapons on the fly and deciding what ammo to conserve. Serious Sam does that well, although that's about all it does. Great game.

Yeah, I played through the game with a mate and all in all it was a lazy weekend well spent. The game's final act does leave an unpleasant taste, though.

HoosTrax

It's made by Zeboyd, so it's probably really good.
I'm intrigued because of the Grandia-style combat system and this description, which sounds vaguely like the class system from Golden Sun:
Gain the powers of the Tube Samurai, the Hobo, the Apocalypt, the Dinosorcerer, the Delusionist, and more through a unique multi-class job system!

Sober

I wish we got some background on his chin scar. Corey is so full of mysteries

Maybe there's something about it in his purse
I like how the background profile of their face is mirrored from the 3d model in the foreground.

I WANT TO KNOW MORE.

ShaneB

I'll pick up PA3 during the summer sale when I dump money into my steam wallet. I keep telling myself I need to play his other games too :(

They ignore the previous games so much, it's not even next to them in the library: the new one is "Penny Arcade xxx" while the first two are "On the Rain Slick xxx".
I hate that.

Yeah, that'll drive me crazy also. I don't even know why they bothered to put a "3" in there at all.

They ignore the previous games so much, it's not even next to them in the library: the new one is "Penny Arcade xxx" while the first two are "On the Rain Slick xxx".
I hate that.

Ugh, hate it when devs and publishers do this. I hope Gaben hears our cries and gives us custom names.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So any other deals lately, like from other sites?

Also I wonder how the commandos 3 didn't get turn into a credit like disciples 2 from GMG

Mordeccai

Penny Arcade game bought, I adore the Zeboyd games. Highly recommend a playthrough of Call of Cthulu, it was brilliant when I played it last summer :]

zkylon

zkylewd
Huh, Dungeon Siege 3 for 5 bucks on GamersGate, what's GAF say about it? It's Obsidian sans Obsidian, but I ran out of things to buy from these guys...

I can't get steam cleaner to work. I click the bat file and cmd pops up and disappears, then WinRAR opens up the .jar folder, "fr" and "META-INF." No .exe is placed anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom