• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

camerooni

Neo Member
I can't really remember, most likely m/kb, that may have been the reason though. I have faint glimpses of being daunted by not knowing which keys to press lol combined with a complex combat system.

Tbh though I never gave the game a chance, hope you enjoy it.

The combat isn't hugely complex.. you just need to think of it as like a miniature wargame - keep and eye on the map and locations to see who is likely to perform flanks etc. And ALWAYS make sure you look at the individual moves/attacks that the different members of your unions will make.. if you're just choosing 'Heal up', or 'Keep Health up' without looking into it to see that one of them means one character is healing with the rest on standby and the other is one character healing and the rest doing magic/combat arts then you're not making good use of your units.

benjipwns

Banned
o_O. where do you buy lunch at?
8AFTf.jpg

Nabs

Nabs, thanks for the gift. You're awesome! Will definitely return the favor sometime.

Currently absorbed in various MMOs so I haven't been logging in to Steam lately. I'm ready for the Summer sale though. :D

No problem, enjoy! You hooked me up with Costume Quest before, so I was happy to send those your way.

camerooni

Neo Member
Voices are fine for the most part just Emma is a terrible character and has bad voice over.

Emma is annoying.. Rush is a little over excited at random points (like they used lines out of context just because the words were right :/)..

There's also a lot of awkward glances between Rush and David (pronounced Daveeed) and the dude with four arms recommends you go chat to the gay bartender in the first pub at the first opportunity (who obviously knows where to find some faaaaabulous accessories) so I think he's grooming a hot date for his master :p - Obviously I'm reading too much into it, because it's fun to do so.. but in the back of my mind I'm still waiting for David to propose or something before the game finishes :D

On a side note - it's nice to see some gay characters (bartender) just thrown into a game and not have them be giant cross dressing chicken men you beat up ala god-hand.. only other game that casually threw a gay character in there with no OMG THEY'RE GAY was the neighbour in Fahrenheit (pfft.. go away it's Fahrenheit not Indigo Prophecy).. One japanese where there are gays you just don't mention it (if you can't see it it's not there right).. and the other French.. of course the god-hand example is also japanese so you know it's not an exact science.

camerooni

Neo Member
God, so fucking good. dat italian food

Could we have an actual Italian weigh in on this.. 'cause as an Aussie living in Melbourne with close proximity to Lygon Street.. I just don't know what I'm looking at here.. it looks atrocious.

EDIT for context: Lygon Street is basically Melbourne's 'Little Italy' equivalent.

gdt

Could we have an actual Italian weigh in on this.. 'cause as an Aussie living in Melbourne with close proximity to Lygon Street.. I just don't know what I'm looking at here.. it looks atrocious.

EDIT for context: Lygon Street is basically Melbourne's 'Little Italy' equivalent.

haha

It's an old gaf story/meme.

Pollux

Dude started a thread bragging about his $40 Italian food or something, it was a pretty massive thread backfire.

Found it:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=316249

(the photo is that photo)

I would just like to point out that my intention was not the same as the OP in that thread... :lol

I was just pointing out that I wouldn't get pissed off when KOTOR is on sale...Hopefully nobody took it the wrong way...Didn't mean to potentially come off as a snob lol. Although 9.99 for lunch doesn't seem that bad...I have yet to find something cheaper that isn't a "fast food"-esque place.

zmoney, I bought Crusader Kings 2 for $23 'on sale' - the next day it was $12. This is not the only occasion I have broken the 1st Steam Commandment: Wait for the Daily Sale.

It stops stinging after the 10th time, sorta.

zkylon

zkylewd
Need some opinions on The Last Remnant. Is it complete garbage or does it have some redeeming value if you're a JRPG fan? How is the battle system? I have no love for MMO-style "click mindlessly to kill."
The battle system is fun and flashy, but it often feels unfair or needlessly convoluted, and the game reeks mediocrity in every way (with the exception of the amazing Emma Honeywell), specially compared to the great JRPGs. It's kind of the only thing we got on PC, and <10$ is the perfect price, but I'd recommend buying PS2 games and emulating them with PCSX2 all the way.

Blackheim

Played a lil bit of TLR, didn't want to get too far into it since I have a sleeping schedule to adhere to >_> Like it well enough so far, not expecting anything too deep. Also, I'm going to assume that Rush Sykes was named after the band Rush and guitarist John Sykes. :D

Card Boy

Banned
My bro got a new PC, how do i install Steam on a second harddrive? He has a 120gig SSD and a 2TB regular HDD (both internal). When i try and change the Steam installation to the E drive (the 2TB hdd) it says won't let me

"This product cannot be installed to the root directory of any drive"

My bro got a new PC, how do i install Steam on a second harddrive? He has a 120gig SSD and a 2TB regular HDD (both internal). When i try and change the Steam installation to the E drive (the 2TB hdd) it says won't let me

Just use steam mover to move just the game files to the drive.

Joe Molotov

Install it to E:\Steam instead of installing it directly to E:\.

camerooni

Neo Member

Your avatar is creeping me out.. I can't tell if it is Tony Abbott or not.. I'm assuming (hoping) not!?.. ;)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'll have to admit that Gamersgate's online storefront is slick and really works. Only downside so far is it locks your keys for fifteen minutes, I have no idea why they would do that. I wasn't going to buy Last Remnant during the summer sale anyway so this is a net gain for me. Oh wait, net loss. Shit.

Strange, it was 10 for me.

If by terrible, you mean amazing, then yes.

It's too over the top for my liking.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Quote for the following keys:

Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty

Please post if you pinch one so I can edit this post accordingly.

camerooni

Neo Member

Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines
Commandos 2: Men of Courage
Commandos 3: Destination Berlin
Cargo: The quest for gravity

Really wanted to take Cargo but can't install steam at work.. they really need to add web activations or something :/

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill

Took Commandos 3.

Thanks!

Milamber

Thanks, got Commandos 2: Men of Courage

camerooni

Neo Member
http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2010/08/22/1225908/562238-opposition-leader-tony-abbott.jpg

And your avatar is obviously Abbott pre-face application? ;)

Meanwhile back at the ranch..
Damn their arms would be sore after 5 minutes - or does the arm weapon give them super human elbow and/or shoulder strength!?

ss_f73fffb24b34c5ce851042782c66bfe411ea96b6.600x338.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom