• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Hmm. Going to give it some more time, but I'm not feeling Lone Survivor thus far. Doesn't seem to be anything here I'm bothered by, but outside of the sound design, there really isn't anything I'm particularly impressed with either.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I hate 2012 is doom stuff regardless whether they're fictional or not.

Besides, what's the next doom after 2012?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I've finished three games in the past week on Steam much to my surprise, since it's rare I have these productive periods. Legend of Grimrock was solid, and there's an illusion it's even better than it is since there are so few games in existence like it, and none recent (especially considering the real time combat).

Dear Esther was a 1 hour utter disappointment for me but I still appreciated the gift Baha!

Superbrothers: Swords & Sworcery was a dark, mysterious experience that I didn't expect, but I loved the feeling it gave me. Short & sweet game and I really enjoyed getting all the achievements except "cheating cheater"! Soundtrack was pretty awesome and that really helped with the mood, though the dialogue had a bit too much hipster slang considering the circumstances. I don't set very high expectations when I go into the plethora of indie games being churned out these days so it was a pleasant surprise.

Anyway I may play Vessel next and, like everyone else, looking forward to the Steam sale. My main wants are Anno, Alan Wake, Thief pack, Rage. Anything else will just be a bonus as my wishlist is pretty bare with some scraps and unreleased titles these days.

Hmm. Going to give it some more time, but I'm not feeling Lone Survivor thus far. Doesn't seem to be anything here I'm bothered by, but outside of the sound design, there really isn't anything I'm particularly impressed with either.

Oh that's disappointing. I was really interested in that game.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
You're not the only one. I couldn't understand all the praise for it..

RPS namedropped Silent Hill 2 for their WIT and I knew they were completely full of shit, but I expected something ... a bit more than this. Apparently it's pretty short so I suppose I'll soldier on, but eh.

Dear Esther was a 1 hour utter disappointment for me but I still appreciated the gift Baha!

Your Steam recommendation on this cracked me up. I felt the exact same way.

Dear Esther : I sat down with my GF and played through it in one go. We both enjoyed it because it was a unique psychological experience.

Lone Survivor : After watching this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5rQqKCKj-s i was really interested in the game and played it. I didnt completed it but i will in the next coming days. The game is so far really good. Good atmosphere and a good survival system. If oversee the shitty Map and the pixel graphics u will have a good ride.

Dear Esther : I sat down with my GF and played through it in one go. We both enjoyed it because it was a unique psychological experience.

Lone Survivor : After watching this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5rQqKCKj-s i was really interested in the game and played it. I didnt completed it but i will in the next coming days. The game is so far really good. Good atmosphere and a good survival system. If oversee the shitty Map and the pixel graphics u will have a good ride.

I didn't think there was anything wrong with the pixel graphics. Not the best out there but I've seen much worse.

Jzero

RPS namedropped Silent Hill 2 for their WIT and I knew they were completely full of shit, but I expected something ... a bit more than this. Apparently it's pretty short so I suppose I'll soldier on, but eh.

Your Steam recommendation on this cracked me up. I felt the exact same way.
Xelios' recommendations are always the most informative.

Fantastical

Death Prophet

I need to give it more time as well, but I'm not feeling it either at the moment.

Anyway I may play Vessel next and, like everyone else, looking forward to the Steam sale. My main wants are Anno, Alan Wake, Thief pack, Rage. Anything else will just be a bonus as my wishlist is pretty bare with some scraps and unreleased titles these days.

I didn't really like Alan Wake tbh. I should probably give it another shot though.

My main wants are:

Skyrim
LA Noire
Space Quest Collection
Costume Quest

and maybe

The Walking Dead
Stacking
Lone Survivor

Koroviev

I'm looking to get Skyrim for my younger sister, but other than that, I don't think there's anything I'm looking for. I kind of went overboard during the Winter sale :\

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Really wanted to take Cargo but can't install steam at work.. they really need to add web activations or something :/

This should be a feature of the mobile app, if it isn't already.

Took Commandos 3.

Thanks!
I snagged this. I figured I got The Void earlier, why not grab Cargo and complete the Ice-Pick Lodge "mind-fuck" collection.
Thanks, got Commandos 2: Men of Courage

No worries. :)

oh you. everybody knows Doom 3 BFG will sell like shit and lead to the cancellation of Doom 4.

Or it'll just be reworked as a military shooter.

Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines was already taken by someone else.

Typical. :(

mr. grape

There's bound to be a 75% or higher sale on it eventually, I'd at least keep it to $2.50 to satisfy morbid curiosity.

It's actually $2.50 if you can find people to split the cost of the 4-pack. I might buy it whenever the 4-pack is 75% off. Those arm weapons are just too sexy to resist.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
is it me or has there been a serious lack of xelios in this thread?

not cool

Well to be fair I was away from Steam and GAF for over two months while moving and getting some things in order, but I still try to read the thread every day. Thanks for thinking of me, glad to see you back in time for the sale.

Xelios' recommendations are always the most informative.

Thanks! I try to put one up for every game I finish so I can keep track. Steam's character limit is pretty brutal and it's hard for me to be that succinct sometimes, so a lot of what I want to say gets left out. Also wish I could edit old reviews without having to delete and repost them.

Xanonano

Is it possible to play Splinter Cell Conviction on LAN with 1 Steam account doing the offline mode trick?
I think so, but as you have to be signed in to the Uplay account as well, you might need to put the launcher into offline mode as well. I did it with the retail version and it didn't seem to care that both players were using the same account.

Twinduct

Too many Aussies, not enough Hos :/
I feel you though. There is an insane price increase on electronics in South Africa. Hell console games go for 75-80 USD here. Most PC games still go for 30-40 USD though ... unless it's EA or Activision.

Granted it ain't Aus tax level :/

The € prices on Steam have been pretty good to me for about a year now since the Swiss franc has gotten comparatively stronger. Summer 2011 was even below retail prices, now 50€ are 60CHF which is still $62 but at least on par with retail. I still like to jump on Amazon and GetGamesGo prices when I get the chance.

Edit: Ok, looking at retail prices I'm actually getting a much better deal on Steam than from retail. What is this madness?!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm slowly and laboriously going through my Library, making note of which games have DLC so I can snap it up for peanuts at a later date, and during my virtual travels I discovered that -- brace yourself -- Ghostbusters: The Video Game has been removed from the Store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom