• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazzy

Help me understand this please:

LA Noire + DLC Bundle = 3.75 + 4.50 = 8.25
LA Noire Complete Edition = 15

What am I missing here?

In Australia the game is $3.74, the DLC is $4.49, and the Complete Edition is $14.99. So... I don't know how that works.

or this ^

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I got the L.A. Noire DLC I didn't get with my free copy from Max Payne 3!

I didn't even install either Max Payne 3 or the LA Noire that came with it, but ti doesn't have the DLC? Then I might buy it, as there are some cases in it.

Help me understand this please:

LA Noire + DLC Bundle = 3.75 + 4.50 = 8.25
LA Noire Complete Edition = 15

What am I missing here?
Doesn't the complete edition come with the useless prima guide?

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
In Australia the game is $3.74, the DLC is $4.49, and the Complete Edition is $14.99. So... I don't know how that works.

Well, in that case, I would gladly throw an Aussie a Paypal gift to get the game slightly cheaper! :p

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yeah I already have Sam & Mac series, Blackwell Trilogy, Gemini Rue... don't need more detective games... must resist...

Edit: If I could actually get the complete edition I would have gone for it. I'm just convincing myself it's the right thing.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
L.A. Noire DLC bought. Sega could have made a few bucks from me, too, had they discounted the AvP DLC in addition to the game proper.

HoosTrax

Still too expensive.
Seriously?

I rather liked LA Noire. Sure, it had a lot of flaws and the execution didn't quite live up to the vision, but they got big thumbs up from me for daring to do something different and I found more than enough to like in the game to play it through to the end.

Btw, anyone who likes this game should also consider adding Mafia II to their wishlist if they haven't already. The gameplay is different, but it's also got that period-drama storytelling thing going on.

DagsJT

Pretty much half the price in the US compared to the UK. Anyone fancy gifting me the complete edition and I can pay them by Paypal?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I already bought 2 things this week (The Last Remnant and LA Noire DLC), they're not even things I really wanted and the sale didn't even start.

This is gonna be a interesting couple of weeks.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
this is what i'm seeing

Well, in that case, like DagJT I would gladly Paypal you or anyone else willing to take monies to get just the base game for me on Steam at the cheaper rate?

RedSwirl

So what's the final verdict on L.A. Noire? The game in general and the PC port. Regardless of it being $5, is the game worth my time?

Anyone still knows the message board, where one of the Revelations 2012 devs posted? It was some message board relating to video game development.

Thanks!~

MRORANGE

Excellent, thanks. I looked on the first page for a thread but didn't see it.

It's there ;p

iNc4K1a9ImT3W.png

Official DD (Steam/D2D/etc) gifting thread of equal global distribution

Can someone in the US send me the Complete Edition? I will pay you using Paypal.

The price is too high in EU. Thanks.

check that link^ or ask wilflare :)

sazzy

LA Noire + DLC +AvP = 29 GB download.

Valve in bed with ISP's confirmed

lol

gonna have to wait until the 1st to download these :(

Derrick01

Banned
Normal price is £29.99, current discounted price is £26.99, price with the voucher applied is £20.79. Whichever they apply the discount to it doesn't add up.

I'll have to give it a shot later tonight. If I can get it for around 35 then I don't mind faulty math.

Hot damn look at Steam devaluing that game so much. If I didn't have it already I would be all over it, it's a decent shooter and playing as alien and predator is kind of fun. You can get a lot worse games for more money....like LA Noire!!

HoosTrax

So what's the final verdict on L.A. Noire? The game in general and the PC port. Regardless of it being $5, is the game worth my time?
See above for my opinion of whether it's worth it from a gameplay perspective. As far as technical considerations -- the game is capped at 30 fps. While this doesn't hamper gameplay, it may be unpleasant to look at for some people, so they may want to look into applying a hack to unlock the fps.

iNvid02

€7,49 for me *smh*

ask someone to gift it for you, lot of gaffers are reputable here

or do what i did and buy it using a vpn from the US store

works out at £4.79 for the complete edition which ain't bad, hopefully the patches improved the shoddy port somewhat

MRORANGE

Hot damn look at Steam devaluing that game so much. If I didn't have it already I would be all over it, it's a decent shooter and playing as alien and predator is kind of fun. You can get a lot worse games for more money....like LA Noire!!

The game didn't do much for me, I would advise not to pick up the DLC as the community has been left to rot and is pretty much dead.

Great potential for MP, but a bit too late to fix the game for the community.

Agh, at $3 I might finally bite on AvP.

So is LA Noire good

It's one of my least favorite games of all time. The fact that I paid $60 and went in expecting a quality Rockstar experience colored my perception, I'm sure, but I was actually offended by just how bad it was. Grab a Choose Your Own Adventure book instead. It's basically the same thing without the tedious side quests or the boring-beyond-belief evidence acquisition.

It was compelling for the first few cases but the novelty wore off when the interrogations start to become frustratingly limited and illogical at times and the evidence collecting portion becomes boring. I ultimately never finished it but I think you can certainly get $5 of enjoyment out of it, especially if your curious.

I bought Resident Evil 5 for cheap thinking that whilst crap it would be worth it. I've played the first wee bit of it - already dreadful (how do reviewers keep doing this, surely they noticed?).

So won't be getting L.A. Noire despite the price, it'll likely sit quietly doing nothing. I've got better things to do. The criticism all sounds exactly like what I expected from the trails alone.

Not sure why Rockstar wasted its time there :/

Koroviev

I bought Resident Evil 5 for cheap thinking that whilst crap it would be worth it. I've played the first wee bit of it - already dreadful (how do reviewers keep doing this, surely they noticed?).

So won't be getting L.A. Noire despite the price, it'll likely sit quietly doing nothing. I've got better things to do. The criticism all sounds exactly like what I expected from the trails alone.

Not sure why Rockstar wasted its time there :/

I was really interested in LA Noire when it came out, but then I watched a friend play through some of it and lost all interest. It just looked really dull :\

sazzy

Agh, at $3 I might finally bite on AvP.

It's one of my least favorite games of all time. The fact that I paid $60 and went in expecting a quality Rockstar experience colored my perception, I'm sure, but I was actually offended by just how bad it was. Grab a Choose Your Own Adventure book instead. It's basically the same thing without the tedious side quests or the boring-beyond-belief evidence acquisition.

It was compelling for the first few cases but the novelty wore off when the interrogations start to become frustratingly limited and illogical at times and the evidence collecting portion becomes boring. I ultimately never finished it but I think you can certainly get $5 of enjoyment out of it, especially if your curious.

I'm still stoked for the game. Can't go wrong at 3.75 ... worst that could happen is it taking up space on my Back up drive :D

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
HQXHP.png

fuck you Steam :/

edit: After those last posts I'm almost glad.

Koroviev

I'm still stoked for the game. Can't go wrong at 3.75 ... worst that could happen is it taking up space on my Back up drive :D

Are you seeing $3.75 on the US store? I'm seeing $5 for the base game and $7.50 for the complete edition.

Edit: I'm in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom