• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
A later date for the Summer sales is quite a nice thing actually. Now I have a chance to actually try and clear some games of my backlog.

Yeah that's not going to happen actually
Clear your backlog in August you hippy!

I know it isn't going to be the 12th. Guy who runs the drug store down the street said it starts this Thursday and the 12th is actually the day Bad Rats becomes the daily deal.

vall03

meh, going to pass on L.A. Noire even with that $3.74 price point. It will just get stuck on my backlog and I don't even have that much time to play right now. Will get when I feel like it. Theres going to be more sales anyway and Im controlling my expenses since its kinda difficult lately.

rybrad

Clear your backlog in August you hippy!

I know it isn't going to be the 12th. Guy who runs the drug store down the street said it starts this Thursday and the 12th is actually the day Bad Rats becomes the daily deal.
Cool, I was waiting to see what he said, I feel better now and look forward to Bad Rats.

ATF487

LA Noire had a fantastic idea but all the threads about it here turned me off. Not sure if I could run it on this laptop anyway.

Also just played a little bit of Cthulu, since it came free with PA Episode 3. Instantly loved it, all the flavor of a 16bit RPG with some improvements

Test Drive Ferrari was added to the registry. It's coming out next week and it's done by Slightly Mad Studios (Need for Speed: Shift 1 & 2, Project CARS).

amrod

Test Drive Ferrari was added to the registry. It's coming out next week and it's done by Slightly Mad Studios (Need for Speed: Shift 1 & 2, Project CARS).

After the piss poor and very buggy Test Drive Unlimited 2, I don't know if i'll ever buy another test drive game

So was trying to organize somethings on my macbook, which is hardly game on, for a trip. Decided to open up steam so I could download a few games. Go to login and I keep getting server errors, yet it connects fine on my windows comp and my internet is working on my laptop. Anyone know anything?

Update on this. I reinstalled steam and it is working fine now, something must have gotten corrupted.

The same should be said to AVG, a number of Steam games flash up red with them.

Anyone with Windows should just have Microsoft Security Essentials, and be done with it.

No need for any 3rd party AV. And Windows Defender if you want some Malware protection, Malwarebytes is good too.

NEVER had ANY games become flagged by using MSE/Malwarebytes combo.

yamo

The only game that is a must pick up for me this sale is Batman AC. Will most probably pick up some other games as well but they will just be icing on the cake.

The only game that is a must pick up for me this sale is Batman AC. Will most probably pick up some other games as well but they will just be icing on the cake.

AC and the Witcher games are what I'm after mainly. Just completed AA today after buying it during the Winter Sale and looking forward to playing AC

Thrakier

What the fuck is wrong with LA noire...?
Can't start the game because I can't login to social club - because there is no mouse cursor!
I don't see a mouse cursor so it's impossible for me to select the name fields to enter my account datan and log in and go on. What the f***...?

Is it weird I don't want to add any games to my wishlist, because there'll be a summer camp achievement to add some games to your wishlist and I can't be arsed to do it twice?

Nabs

http://community.herohq.com/communi...blog/2012/06/26/asm-swings-to-steam-in-august

We know our PC fans have been eagerly awaiting news. As of today, we can announce that The Amazing Spider-Man game will be releasing for PC on August 10th, 2012.

Lots of fans have asked if ASM would be coming to Steam, and we're very happy to confirm that it will be!

Additionally, ASM on PC will be integrated with Steam Achievements.

I don't know a single thing about this game. Is it any good?

Salsa

seems to be as good as what benox has previously done with Spiderman

I'll probably get it. Cool news.

Also Bruce Campbell voices a character and you can play the game as Stan Lee, so yup.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Damn, LA Noire complete edition for £6.24 was just too good not to get. Loved the Xbox version but never got to play the cases. Totally worth it, the immersiveness is incredible.

PaulLFC

Test Drive Ferrari Retail is in the registry so looks like it'll be Steamworks.

Darksiders 2 Retail is there too, so I guess that means we can finally confirm the game will be Steam redeemable.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Darksiders 2 Retail is there too, so I guess that means we can finally confirm the game will be Steam redeemable.

One thing doesn't mean another unless it specifically says in the registry that it's a Steamworks title.

Even then, sometimes the steam version of a game is a Steamworks title and the retail one isn't, so it's not a locked thing.

PaulLFC

One thing doesn't mean another unless it specifically says in the registry that it's a Steamworks title.

Even then, sometimes the steam version of a game is a Steamworks title and the retail one isn't, so it's not a locked thing.
Ah, I didn't know that. Just seems strange that they'd label entries as "Retail" if they're not going to allow retail copies to be activated.

Derrick01

Banned

I would assume it is since 1 was and pretty much all THQ games are and will be. That's good news for South Park next March :)

Dmax3901

I honestly don't understand the complaints about LA Noire PC. I got it free with Max Payne 3 and have had very little trouble (except for the lack of quicksave) but I played it first on Xbox so I was used to it.

Definitely worth it at this price imho.

legacyzero

Banned
watch a review to get the general idea of what to expect

then understand the pc port is a piece of shit

then decide if you could extract $5 worth of enjoyment from it

i think its worth $5, but not a penny more
I was never heavily interested in it...

Hmmm. I will meditate on this one. Mainly if it has a good story.

Phreaker

Just want to say I love my new screaming fast PC, thanks NeoGAF! :)

I've only really been playing Diablo III (and some Path of Exile) on it, but still the performance is light years ahead of my old gaming laptop (Nvidia GTX 260m). I also played through the Batman AC demo. Can't wait for the Steam sale!

Edit: Oops, thought I was in the "I need a new PC Thread"

PaulLFC

Hmm, interesting. There are two standard versions of Ghost Recon Future Soldier in the registry - "Standard" and "Standard Retail". Now it's been posted that 'Retail' doesn't necessarily mean Steamworks, I'm not sure why there's two separate editions - not to mention that I don't think Ubi has used Steamworks since RUSE (and Clash of Heroes, but that was download only AFAIK), so that makes it even more unlikely. Standard Retail is marked as "proof of prepurchase required" though, so possibly Steamworks?

Nabs

It's not Steamworks. I don't know why they do it, but maybe it's so they can get cd keys for promotions or certain regions. SFxT has a retail sub as well.

PaulLFC

It's not Steamworks. I don't know why they do it, but maybe it's so they can get cd keys for promotions or certain regions. SFxT has a retail sub as well.
Ah, that would make more sense. I thought it would be strange if it was Steamworks considering Ubi hasn't had a Steamworks game for ages.

Nabs

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=31335812&postcount=459

We are planning to perform routine Steam server maintenance and updates on Tuesday, June 26, 2012 around 4:30 PM PDT (GMT-0700).

Chat, game lobbies, matchmaking, and the community web site may be unavailable during the maintenance. In-progress content downloads may also be temporarily interrupted. Game play should be unaffected, although some multi-player titles may experience interruptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom