• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent over $300 on the Winter sale, I believe I went a tad overboard. It was my first proper Steam sale though, so it's all good. This time, there is hardly anything I want besides Dead Rising 2, DR2: OTR and F1 2011. Capcom will probably be up to their usual tricks and not include any of their games in the daily deals though. Jerks.

P.s I know Codemasters make F1. Also, I bought many 4 packs so I could gift to my friends, with it being Christmas and all, I thought I'd get in the spirit of things.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Somewhat similarly to those burnt by purchasing a game right before a sale, I bought the Alan Wake X360 CE + DLC literally the day before the game appeared in the Steam registry. You're welcome, Remedy.

Twinduct

My goal is to spend less than 30 euros this summer sale! Wish me luck, Neogaf!

If you want to enforce it, just throw some hard rule like 'for every 5 euros I spend after 30, I gift a game of the value of 5 euros to someone else'.

But goodluck though! I'm sure you'll be fine!

Depends on the type of sale. If it is just straight discounts? Not much, maybe $10-15 on some obscure thing you bastards convince me is a must have.

If they do the whole coal/achievements thing for lots of cheap games again? Then who knows.

volturnus

Banned
Nah, there are always some newbies that spend twice that on non-dailies in the first 30 minutes.
I wouldn't call all of them ''newbies''. Sometimes I want to support the developer but don't want to pay full price, yet I don't want to buy it too cheap either.
That is why I never buy indie games that I want when they're $2 or $3 on steam.

Gibbo

just bought my first high end pc 2 months ago so this will effectively be the first steam sale that i will be fully involved in.

deposited 50smacks into my wallet yesterday. im ready

I wouldn't call all of them ''newbies''. Sometimes I want to support the developer but don't want to pay full price, yet I don't want to buy it too cheap either.
That is why I never buy indie games that I want when they're $2 or $3 on steam.

The last 3 games I bought at full price were indie games too so I feel the same sometimes but I meant people who jump at the slightest discount and ignore Rule #0. ;)

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I've got games that I bought last summer that I've still not played...

Detox

just bought my first high end pc 2 months ago so this will effectively be the first steam sale that i will be fully involved in.

deposited 50smacks into my wallet yesterday. im ready
You will spend that 50 on the first day if this your first sale.

Ceej

I think max payne is one of those franchises which got a free nostalgia pass because of bullet time and the noir stuff. Not surpised if mp3 isn't much good, especially with modern viscerality applied.

I would argue that if anything, the mediocrity MP3 proves that bullet time and gunplay was never the actual appeal of the MP series. Remedy knows how to tell a story and that's where MP succeeded was in the dialogue and presentation.

volturnus

Banned
I would argue that if anything, the mediocrity MP3 proves that bullet time and gunplay was never the actual appeal of the MP series. Remedy knows how to tell a story and that's where MP succeeded was in the dialogue and presentation.
I disagree, MP2 gunplay was the best in its time, it even stands very well to this date.

i haven't played MP3 but the core gameplay of the first two games were the main appeal imo. the gunplay was fantastic, repetitive but it somehow never got old.

games that do the simple things right are the ones that stand out. yes, the setting and story-telling were cool but it's the gunplay that made those games memorable.

Q8D3vil

people talk like MP2 was huge success when it was actually disappointing to rockstar sales wise. MP3 have the best 3rd person gameplay and the best graphics, but the game lacked remedy story telling (but still a solid AAA game).

Ledsen

It's so strange going between Steam sales and PSN "sales." Monster Hunter is on sale for $10, and I bought it thinking "that's a really good deal." It makes me reflect on the value of the games I have for various systems. I should stop thinking about it and accept it (._.)

Corporate sympathizing seems endemic in the gaming community. I don't know what's wrong with us. The thought of a movie studio going under doesn't bring a tear to my eye.

It is on sale! Why isn't it under "discounts" on the menu? This Psn store has been a horrible experience so far (just bought a psp).

Found this on Reddit. Come on summer sale!

zUEXn.gif

Gala

If you want to enforce it, just throw some hard rule like 'for every 5 euros I spend after 30, I gift a game of the value of 5 euros to someone else'.

But goodluck though! I'm sure you'll be fine!

Mh... Good idea! I will send my girlfriend a flower for each euro I spend more :D

Relax.MX

I miss being on NeoGAF. In these days/hours before the sale...is like "Gabe!! c'mon!! take my fuckin money!! i want games that I will not play for several months (maybe never)"

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I miss being on NeoGAF. In these days/hours before the sale...is like "Gabe!! c'mon!! take my fuckin money!! i want games that I will not play for several months (maybe never)"

But arent you here? Right now? Treasure these moments of sharing a common goal. Sigh.

Shadybiz

So is Skyrim's price going down anytime soon ?

I am hoping for this...maybe a $20 deal if extremely lucky, but probably more like $30. That's really all I want from this sale; maybe Fallout 3 and MW2 if they have them for cheap. I was put off by the PS3 version of Fallout 3, and am just curious to see how MW2 runs on my system.

Trying to keep it under $50 this year; was pretty successful with this at the Winter sale.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I am hoping for this...maybe a $20 deal if extremely lucky, but probably more like $30. That's really all I want from this sale; maybe Fallout 3 and MW2 if they have them for cheap. I was put off by the PS3 version of Fallout 3, and am just curious to see how MW2 runs on my system.

Trying to keep it under $50 this year; was pretty successful with this at the Winter sale.

Woah, Skyrim is still that expensive? Thought it would be down to 30$ base price already.

i5 2320 3.0 ghz
6 gb Ram
1gb GTX 555

Would I be able to run LA Noire well?

I would think you should be able to BUT the question is not would, it's should. Should you play LA Noire? The answer is nooooooooooo. Well actually at $5 just play the first hour and then you've basically played the entire game because that is all you will be doing over and over and over again.

Well Fallout New Vegas already had a nice discount during the 2011 Summersale so I'm expecting this to be the same for Skyrim. Probably 66% off, at a price of $20

Or perhaps some wishful thinking on my part

Salsa

Im sticking with it: Between 30 and 50 bucks.

I bought surprising amount of games on release at full price this year, I blame that.

Derrick01

Banned
I bought Witcher 2 on sale.

The yokels over on BSN were so annoyed that I didn't buy it full price.

I still remember being pressured a bit on here to buy it on GoG to "support the devs even more!".

Fuck that. They should be thanking me they got my money at all, and they likely were. It's just the fanboys causing problems.

Cade

I've got ~$31 in my Steam Wallet with some reserve funds ready to go just in case. In addition I've drawn up a Google Doc detailing my shortlist of games I want on the sale, with No-Brainer and Maybe price points.

My body is ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom