• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

kafiend

I see Endless Space has a general release date of 4th July. BUT! the Steam release date is set on the 15th.

Edit: the disparity in release dates comes ONLY from me looking at steam - not the Endless Space devs saying it was different. Though I looked at it the other day, Steam was only saying July.

Edit 2: Though on the Endless Space forum someone questioned Steam's stated date and a dev replied "Yup, we asked them if they could change it. " No idea if that means asked them to change it to the 4th or change it away from the 4th.

I see Endless Space has a general release date of 4th July. BUT! the Steam release date is set on the 15th.

Edit: the disparity in release dates comes ONLY from me looking at steam - not the Endless Space devs saying it was different. Though I looked at it the other day at Steam was only saying July.

Plus there are no games scheduled for the 28th to the 15th, which hints at that being the summer sale

eznark

Banned

Edit: the disparity in release dates comes ONLY from me looking at steam - not the Endless Space devs saying it was different. Though I looked at it the other day, Steam was only saying July.

Edit 2: Though on the Endless Space forum someone questioned Steam's stated date and a dev replied "Yup, we asked them if they could change it. " No idea if that means asked them to change it to the 4th or change it away from the 4th.

It's releasing on the fourth but why wait? But it and play it now! Game is amazing.

moojito

Not sure if it's been mentioned but Just Cause 2 is going for $3.74 at GamersGate. I bought a copy seeing as how I've never played the game myself.

Damn, I was just loading up this thread to say that if just cause 2 is on the sale, anyone who has not played it needs to buy a copy. It's seriously the most fun game I've played in a long time, and possibly the best looking.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/558693454593579104/FBAC887C290AE43F15F71E1843B23D6C7041247A/

Not sure if that link works for other folk, but that was me just roaming around yesterday in the game. Gorgeous!

kafiend

It's releasing on the fourth but why wait? But it and play it now! Game is amazing.

I've had it since the day beta first arrived on Steam. The point I was making, obviously not clearly enough is that its likely that it would not release during a steam sale - steam date is different, endless space dev said they asked steam to change the date (ambiguously) etc. Hence Steam sale date maybe confirmed to be over that period?

eznark

Banned
I've had it since the day beta first arrived on Steam. The point I was making, obviously not clearly enough is that its likely that it would not release during a steam sale - steam date is different, endless space dev said they asked steam to change the date (ambiguously) etc. Hence Steam sale date maybe confirmed to be over that period?

Gotcha

RetroMG

I started out about a week ago with 110, but I'm down to 60 now after a couple of the deals this week. Thinking about putting 40 back in so I'm back up to 100 once the real sale starts... Whenever it is.

I`m hoping for Shogun 2 to go on tale, but actually what I really want is a gold edition which includes all the crappy DLC. I want the game, but I don`t want to pay $5 each for a bunch of reskins, on the other hand, I feel I miss out if I buy just the vanilla game.

*shakes fist at DLC*

kswiston

Last Remnant is on sale at Gamersgate for $7.50. It's redeemable on Steam.

People should jump on this if they want the game. The Last Remnant's base price is still $30, so it won't be offered any cheaper during the summer sale. In fact, there is a decent chance it will be more expensive. I only remember The Last Remnant hitting $7.50 once or twice on Steam. Usually it is 50-66% off ($10-15) during these sales.

EDIT: I know this because I had to wait over a year to get it at the $7.50 price point that I wanted (I had the 360 version, so I wasn't paying more for a double dip).

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
To those who liked L.A. Noire: Is the DLC any good? Best to have from the start? If I can't get it right now, should I wait on the game until I can?

To those who liked L.A. Noire: Is the DLC any good? Best to have from the start? If I can't get it right now, should I wait on the game until I can?

From what I remember they were pretty good, it's been a while since I played the game but I'm pretty sure they were up to the standard of the normal game mostly

sk3tch

Free Duke Nukem Forever to the first person that redeems it...please be sure you only take it if you will play it. I personally love the game. :)

09FTG-4Y4TZ-BRQX9

hom3land

Free Duke Nukem Forever to the first person that redeems it...please be sure you only take it if you will play it. I personally love the game. :)

09FTG-4Y4TZ-BRQX9

Thank you!!! Redeemed. Perfect day. Found out work is still closed due to construction, and now have a new game to play all day!! Just need a cigar and cognac and the day is complete.

VALIS

This thread is like standing in a crowded lobby waiting for an elevator while watching people continually jam on the already lit button.

With all this hype, I almost wonder if some of you are gonna commit seppuku if the summer sale ends up kinda mediocre like the last holiday sale was. I hope that's not the case, I'm just sayin'.

mr. grape

Damn so close. Probably the only way I'd play the game unless it's .99 during the summer sale.

Amazon has had it for $1 before (that's how I got it). Not impossible for it to be that price again. It's worth up to $5 IMO. I enjoyed it for what it is.

EDIT: I think I may've used a coupon code I got from one of their promos though, which explains why it was $1.

nexen

With all this hype, I almost wonder if some of you are gonna commit seppuku if the summer sale ends up kinda mediocre like the last holiday sale was. I hope that's not the case, I'm just sayin'.
Hmm, maybe. Whats it called when you commit seppuku on someone else?

sazzy

An Amazon rep actually posts in their sale thread here. When I got out of the habit of following it, I missed when he gave fair warning of that insane Paradox sale that I'm still kicking myself over not getting in on.

I *think* there's another Paradox box coming, and their sale is starting Sunday. Don't quote me on this tho :|

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Sale better start tomorrow, Gabe.

Cmon mang, I have my spreadsheet ready and everything!

ZfnxL.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom