• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Mid-July would be perfect for me. Do it, I say!

Actually...same here, but I'll take the sale whenever it comes.

Anyway, today is Pyro day, so everyone on Steam will be looking at TF2, whether that's a good time to blindside everyone with the sale starting the day after is a matter of opinion.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'd be fine with mid-July, too. I recently booked a vacation and made a fairly sizable purchase, so a little time in between this stuff would be nice for me.

However, that would mean we have to deal with this shit every single day until the sale finally does come.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'd be fine with mid-July, too. I recently booked a vacation and made a fairly sizable purchase, so a little time in between this stuff would be nice for me.

However, that would mean we have to deal with this shit every single day until the sale finally does come.

If the sale doesn't begin this week, the cold, harsh wind of reality will set in, silencing with its deafening roar any Summer Sale blather.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
If the sale doesn't begin this week, the cold, harsh wind of reality will set in, silencing with its deafening roar any Summer Sale blather.

I don't think any sane person could deal with another two weeks of inane comments about how they want Skyrim for 10$, How Valve is failing us, What are the chances of X being on sale, and the best when.....WHEN DOES IT START! OMG STEAM SALE. HOW CAN I HOLD ALL THIS CASH.

I'll be pretty annoyed if the sale doesn't start soon. I have a vacation planned for mid-July and probably won't have computer access for a lot of it :\.

Blizzard

Banned
Last year TF2 went F2P on the 23rd, Meet the Medic was released on the same day.
The Summer sale started the following day on the 24th.

Not all that different from the current situation if the sales start this thursday.
Oh, I didn't remember that Meet the Medic came out that close to it. Mostly I have no faith in Valve being able to maintain any sort of infrastructure when there is demand. If I recall correctly, there were server issues for Portal 2's launch, TF2 updates tend to break servers for a while, and when Valve was mucking with the new backpack/crafting stuff it broke profile/inventory (not sure about store) functionality for a while. I seem to recall the last major sale (Christmas?) resulted in the store/buying being really unreliable or broken for at least 1-2 days, so I was guessing that all of that combined with a ton of TF2 trading/crafting load might somehow gum up Valve's servers even worse than normal.

I mean you'd expect everything to be on different servers, but you never know with Valve and their backpack/inventory stuff.

Maybe the steam summer sale will have an olympics theme this year and start near the end of july.

That would actually be pretty cool.

...the Olympics theme, not the late start. But I guess they'd have to delay it if that's the direction they're headed in, having an Olympics theme wrapped around the 4th would not sit well with some

I'll be pretty annoyed if the sale doesn't start soon. I have a vacation planned for mid-July and probably won't have computer access for a lot of it :\.

Hilariously enough, I've been on vacation in Outer Banks, NC for the last 2 summer sales. Timing was beautiful. Go to the beach in the morning, come back around 1 to check the daily deals and buy what I want, and walk back to the beach. Then when I got home I got to enjoy what I purchased.

Wok

Maybe the steam summer sale will have an olympics theme this year and start near the end of july.

"The 2012 Summer Olympic Games [...] are scheduled [...] from 27 July to 12 August 2012."

It makes sense: the summer sales would start on July 12th and would end when the Summer Olympic Games start.

After all, this is the first year which features both Steam summer sales and Summer Olympic Games. So, why not?

Hilariously enough, I've been on vacation in Outer Banks, NC for the last 2 summer sales. Timing was beautiful. Go to the beach in the morning, come back around 1 to check the daily deals and buy what I want, and walk back to the beach. Then when I got home I got to enjoy what I purchased.

Will you have a smart phone that can access the internet? Just use the Steam mobile app.

Derrick01

Banned
If the summer sale was pushed back for the fucking Olympics of all things I may have to choke someone. No one cares about that crap and it doesn't involve games or Steam in any way.

If the summer sale was pushed back for the fucking Olympics of all things I may have to choke someone. No one cares about that crap and it doesn't involve games or Steam in any way.
Uhhh, I care about the Olympics. But I still hope the sale happens sooner than later.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah but then people would be angry.

In which case Half-Life fans will find themselves with kindred spirits, and together they will huddle around a fire, a fire some say was sparked by nothing more than an ember of their discontent, telling stories of Valve's transgressions. "Something must be done! Surely there is something we can do!", one shall bark, the tremble in his voice belying the words of optimism. "The only thing we can do," another will utter with a hint of melancholy, "is wait."

prove it.

E4Jr

Getting pretty tired of checking the daily deal only to find some no name indie game. I realize indie games have to be promoted and that the daily deal is a good way to do it but they have to pepper the indie games on with good shit in between. Sooner or later I am just going to stop looking at the daily deals because of the 90% chance that they are junk.

yogloo

This thread is one of the funnest I've ever seen on gaf. Everyone is giddy like a kid on the day before christmas. <3 <3 <3
I just bought just cause 2, thanks for the heads up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom