• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I wonder if King Kong actually holds up nowadays. I remember people saying it was good, but I always wondered how much of that was Console Launch Goggles.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Getting Diablo 3 so I'm not sure I will really want Torchlight II for a bit but somewhere down the pipe when it goes on sale or when I want a break from Diablo, it's mine. Or I may cave since I've been really excited for a while.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
From the 007 Legends thread that no one gives a shit about:

007legends.com

steamWorks.jpg
Hype overload. These dudes knocked Goldeneye out of the park and it feels damn good to get their next game on PC.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Daniel Craig in previous bond roles. That's some Bond-blasphemy I can get behind.

I wonder if King Kong actually holds up nowadays. I remember people saying it was good, but I always wondered how much of that was Console Launch Goggles.

I played it on PS2 and loved it. I'm sure it will seem dated now, but at the time lack of hud and combat system were innovative. Its an Ancel game too, isn't it?

louiedog

I played it in 2007 and thought it felt dated then. I wasn't going to renew my Gamefly membreship and I wanted something guaranteed to ship that I could return after two days. I finished it in that time and got 1000 gamerscore, which was a nice bonus. It was a great rental, but I don't think I'd have been as happy had I bought it.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
This Noitu Love 2 game is the real deal. Mechanics and visuals are on point. Does some a tad bit easy still on hard, though I'm assuming it picks up later.

But still, yeah. Pretty fun.

Aselith

My copy of Ys is downloading a patch...for true widescreen support! :)

-Added true widescreen support.
The old method is available in the configuration.
-Improved controller support.
-Updated movies for compatibility.
-Changed some unlock methods.
All difficulties except Inferno are now unlocked by default.
Inferno and Time Attack unlock when any difficulty is cleared.
-Slightly adjusted some system graphics.
-Fixed a texture display issue on some systems.
-Fixed an issue with cheats and an achievement.
-Fixed an exploit with Istersiva.
-Fixed some enemy collision bugs.
-Fixed some minor leaderboard bugs.
-Fixed a rare issue with clear data.
-Fixed a text display issue.

Fucking nice post support release by these guys. They're really supporting JRPG's on the PC and that's awesome.

Eusis

Wonder what the issue was though. Did they actually disable earning the level 60 achievement via the debug menu?

EDIT: And this introduced graphical glitches for me. I'll have to check my video drivers (301.24 beta for 560 Ti) and post shots later.

EDIT 2: Seems like it may be linked to the FSAA, it was on 2 originally so I dialed it up to 8, had problems, dialed it back down to 2. Ahwell, given how undemanding the game is it would've been nice to push it to the max.

Did I miss this contest? I scoured the thread passed this post and didn't see anything!

I want to earn a key since I already paid $20 for this game years ago. :)

Nope, it's still in my inventory. Don't know what to do with it. Send me your Steam account via PM and if I can't come up with a contest I'll send it to you.

Volcynika

Wonder what the issue was though. Did they actually disable earning the level 60 achievement via the debug menu?

EDIT: And this introduced graphical glitches for me. I'll have to check my video drivers (301.24 beta for 560 Ti) and post shots later.

EDIT 2: Seems like it may be linked to the FSAA, it was on 2 originally so I dialed it up to 8, had problems, dialed it back down to 2. Ahwell, given how undemanding the game is it would've been nice to push it to the max.

The level 60 achievement via the debug menu did not work before the patch. It works now. Got my 100% cheesemints thanks to it.

kurahador

any gaffer here can help me buying dead space 1&2 on US price?
i'll paypal. ppl on the other thread seems offline.

everyone offline here too?? :(

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Own both Dead Spaces on 360 or did at one time but never finished the first. Now that I have a good of again I snagged both to play in their full glory. Ahhh I love being a pc gamer again.

Own both Dead Spaces on 360 or did at one time but never finished the first. Now that I have a good of again I snagged both to play in their full glory. Ahhh I love being a pc gamer again.

Brohug. Feelsgoodman.gif

So guys, what's the verdict on Legend of Grimrock? Yay or nay?

Lone Survivor looks amazing and going to pick it up once I catch up on a good amount of my backlog.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Brohug. Feelsgoodman.gif

So guys, what's the verdict on Legend of Grimrock? Yay or nay?

Lone Survivor looks amazing and going to pick it up once I catch up on a good amount of my backlog.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. Great dungeon crawler with only one bullshit puzzle in the game. It took me 20ish hours to beat (without hints) and I still missed half the secrets so there is alot of content.

The devs are also working on a modding feature so there will potentially be much more content in the future.

Haunted

So I just learned about the non-Steam shortcuts disappearing from the library bug (because it happened to me) and I'm kind of bummed out that I can't/won't use Steam as my catch-all library until that's fixed.

Oh well, it was cool while it lasted. :(

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. Great dungeon crawler with only one bullshit puzzle in the game. It took me 20ish hours to beat (without hints) and I still missed half the secrets so there is alot of content.
Which one was the bullshit puzzle in your opinion? Just curious.

Ledsen

So I just learned about the non-Steam shortcuts disappearing from the library bug (because it happened to me) and I'm kind of bummed out that I can't/won't use Steam as my catch-all library until that's fixed.

Everytime someone posts this, this one guy quotes his own post on how he fixed it by copy/pasting the shortcut file from some other directory. So just wait for that guy.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Steam is coming to Linux, with support for Valve games.

Full story over at Phoronix (which is currently getting hammered, by the looks of it). Some choice bits:

Right now the game they have been working on the most for their Linux client is Left 4 Dead 2. Why L4D2? Basically because it is a stable code-base to do for their initial porting. They have plans to bring their other titles to Linux as well as lobby other game developers using Steam and the Source Engine to bring their games to Linux -- natively. They are not using the Wine library or anything in terms of their native Linux Steam/Source engine work.

Thats really cool.

But linux support is one of those things where I always sort of have to wonder if it's actually worth someones time to implement, since I'm assuming it's not easy.

Blizzard

Banned
Steam is coming to Linux, with support for Valve games.

Full story over at Phoronix (which is currently getting hammered, by the looks of it). Some choice bits:
Cool, and it's funny that this has happened after phoronix appearing to be shady, and people saying the hints of a Steam client for Linux way back were fake/false alarms/would never happen. Or something. I just seem to recall people doubting it would happen.

I think that although some Linux people might avoid Steam due to the DRM, this would add a new market of some size (and a decent budget) for games and Steam. I suppose it MIGHT even bring some new attention to improved Linux graphics drivers which would be awesome. Did something similar to that happen once Steam started pushing the Mac version?

The Pillared Hallway on floor 9. The hint's wording was poor in my opinion.

I actually figured out the clue, but couldn't get it to work correctly. I eventually watched a youtube video, which seemed to be doing the same thing I was. I'm still not sure exactly what I was messing up on it, but I eventually got past it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Everytime someone posts this, this one guy quotes his own post on how he fixed it by copy/pasting the shortcut file from some other directory. So just wait for that guy.

Essentially, you want to back up shortcuts.vdf in Steam\userdata\[user id number]\config:

vMk77.jpg

That didn't work for me.

Odd. I just tested it by deleting shortcuts.vdf, loading Steam (no categories/shortcuts), closing Steam, restoring the file, and then reloading Steam (categories/shortcuts returned) -- worked perfectly.

Blizzard

Banned
Also, some people have probably suggested that the GabeCube, if it existed, might come out as a gaming PC running Linux or something like that. Obviously there would be lots of hurdles to overcome, but it seems like it -might- be an interesting eventual option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom