• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psi

Does Dead Space not work natively with 360 pads? I can kind of get it to function, but down on the directional pad doesn't work among other things.

Both Dead Space games work fine for me on a wired 360 controller. The dead zone on the analog sticks in the first one is a bit too large but other than that it's fine.

PaulLFC

Thanks everyone - the drive's a Hitachi Touro Desk, nothing about speeds on the box but it seems it may be 5,400 RPM which although slower hopefully won't be too much of a disadvantage.

It's plugged in by USB2 at the moment as I don't have any USB3 ports, but it does support USB3 so if I got a USB3 expansion card I guess it'd work faster. Going to try moving a game to it first and see how it runs.

louiedog

Fireburst was just released and is 20% off ($7.99) until May 2nd.

Blast opponents off the road with Fireburst, an explosively fun fast-paced arcade style racing game with fantastic graphics. Rev up to scorching speeds to outrun opponents on a dozen different tracks, setting them ablaze in your flaming wake thanks to our exclusive Fireboost technology.
Genre: Action, Adventure, Racing

OatmealMu

Both Dead Space games work fine for me on a wired 360 controller. The dead zone on the analog sticks in the first one is a bit too large but other than that it's fine.

This ain't good then. Okay, so I'm using Motioninjoy to emulate a 360 pad, but this is the first time I've had problems like this. Google's been no help in figuring out what's wrong. I could try using the mouse and keyboard, but even in the main menu mousing around feels awful. This may be my punishment for reading Speedymanics' posts.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Fireburst was just released and is 20% off ($7.99) until May 2nd.

Blast opponents off the road with Fireburst, an explosively fun fast-paced arcade style racing game with fantastic graphics. Rev up to scorching speeds to outrun opponents on a dozen different tracks, setting them ablaze in your flaming wake thanks to our exclusive Fireboost technology.
Genre: Action, Adventure, Racing
Yeah, I just saw. I saw a video of it on Gametrailers years ago but I though it was vaporware. I wonder if XBLA/PSN fell through for them.

Sendou

I wonder why Steamgifts say that my Steam profile is private even when it's public? I have had similiar problems with other sites that use info from Steam.

This ain't good then. Okay, so I'm using Motioninjoy to emulate a 360 pad, but this is the first time I've had problems like this. Google's been no help in figuring out what's wrong. I could try using the mouse and keyboard, but even in the main menu mousing around feels awful. This may be my punishment for reading Speedymanics' posts.
I forget exactly what it impacts, but it has something to do with the joypad.txt in either the game directory or My Docs. I think you need to edit that file to match your pad's axes or something like that. Try googling for dead space joypad.txt, sorry I don't remember the details.

OatmealMu

I forget exactly what it impacts, but it has something to do with the joypad.txt in either the game directory or My Docs. I think you need to edit that file to match your pad's axes or something like that. Try googling for dead space joypad.txt, sorry I don't remember the details.

Yeah, I came across a forum post mentioning the problem. I ended up unplugging my SpaceNavigator and that may have fixed the issue. It sounds like Dead Space really doesn't like multiple input devices. Hell, even the main menu was messed up. I didn't realize it at first, but the menu wasn't justified properly. When digging through the advanced video options the bottom-most item was off the screen. Bizarre stuff.

Patriot2

Banned
Quick question

Did anybody try adding GOG game shortcuts to steam? when I added them through steam I just get dosbox shortcuts, is it possible they even work or are they just to old (lol) to work with steam.

Joe Molotov

How much would you pay, yearly, for access to all games on Steam, either downloading them or streaming them, no strings attached, the moment you stop paying you lose access to all games, but as long as you pay you have access to all the games? And you can keep your saves.

Would you pay 60 bucks a month? (the price of ONE game)? That's more money than I spend on Steam monthly.

It would be a though decision.

Edit: It's probably "time cards" for MMOs

Give me $60, and I'll give you access to my Steam account for a month.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Scratches for every(1)

I though you meant "Scratches" as in lottery tickets were you scratch and get a prize.
So I though you had multiple codes without any notice of what they were. Since there was only one, I put it on Steam and BAM, I now have Scratches.

Thanks a bunch!

Edit: I keep getting these emails from time to time:

Dear Steam User,

This is an automated message generated by Steam account administration. It is being sent in response to a query made by a Steam user to discover all account names associated with this email address.

Should I be worried? What good does it make anyone to send an email to a Gmail account they do not have access to to know the username associated to that account, other than to find out if the email typed in is valid or not?

Edit2: Oh, I guess it's because somebody else tried to use that key. Interesting.

Rapstah

I got the X3 pack a month ago and want to play one of the games a lot: should I pick X3: Albion Prelude, Reunion or Terran Conflict for that purpose?

Volcynika

Get hype you guys! :p

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City is now available for Pre-purchase on Steam and 10% off!

You are an Umbrella Security Services soldier (U.S.S.), competing alone or in up to four player co-op in a battle against all the competing forces at play in Raccoon City. Expect the return of original Resident Evil enemies, iconic landmarks such as the Raccoon City Police Department and fan favorite characters, including Leon S. Kennedy, who, as a rookie police officer in Raccoon City, is on your hit list to eliminate.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/209100/

amrod

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City is now available for Pre-purchase on Steam and 10% off!

You are an Umbrella Security Services soldier (U.S.S.), competing alone or in up to four player co-op in a battle against all the competing forces at play in Raccoon City. Expect the return of original Resident Evil enemies, iconic landmarks such as the Raccoon City Police Department and fan favorite characters, including Leon S. Kennedy, who, as a rookie police officer in Raccoon City, is on your hit list to eliminate.

44.99 .... No Thanks, Maybe for $10, it was horrible on 360 :\

Pre-Purchase Now: Prototype 2

Prototype 2 is Now Available for Pre-purchase on Steam!

The sequel to Radical Entertainment’s best-selling open-world action game of 2009, Prototype® 2 takes the unsurpassed carnage of the original Prototype and continues the experience of becoming the ultimate shape-shifting weapon. You are Sgt James Heller, husband to a deceased wife and child and a soldier left simply to die.

Pre-purchase now and receive a free giftable copy of the original Prototype and the RADNET DLC bundle.

$50

amrod

Pre-Purchase Now - Torchlight II, receive Torchlight for free!
Announcement - Valve 16:21
Torchlight II is now available to pre-purchase on Steam! Act now and the original Torchlight to play right now!

The award-winning action RPG is back, bigger and better than ever! Torchlight II takes you back into the quirky, fast-paced world of bloodthirsty monsters, bountiful treasures, and sinister secrets - and, once again, the fate of the world is in your hands!

$20

BOUGHT

Card Boy

Banned
Torchlight II is now available to pre-purchase on Steam! Act now and the original Torchlight to play right now!

The award-winning action RPG is back, bigger and better than ever! Torchlight II takes you back into the quirky, fast-paced world of bloodthirsty monsters, bountiful treasures, and sinister secrets - and, once again, the fate of the world is in your hands!

$20

BOUGHT
Day 1, ef the haters.

I bought Valley Without Wind on a hunch, launched for a few minutes to see how it plays and just lost an hour.
From what I've played, I like how they've somehow managed to couple the "emergent" aspects of a random procedural world with the overarching context/meaning of giving the player short/middle/long term goals.

so it's launching for $4.99 right?
10% off means $4.50 !

do you get a giftable torchlight 1 for the preorder of 2? if you already own it

not on steam atm to check.
You do. It's added as a giftable copy to your Steam inventory. I just did this myself.

$20

BOUGHT

Outlander here I come.

Card Boy

Banned
do you get a giftable torchlight 1 for the preorder of 2? if you already own it

not on steam atm to check.

Yes its giftable.

strong>Multiplayer - Play co-op with your friends via LAN or over the Internet for free. No subscriptions, no item sales. Our new matchmaking service lets you find friends, start new games, and join existing games. And, as always, you can play single-player offline as well.

I sense alittle D3 trolling haha

Aselith

I got the X3 pack a month ago and want to play one of the games a lot: should I pick X3: Albion Prelude, Reunion or Terran Conflict for that purpose?

Albion Prelude. As far as I know you can do the TC and AP content in that and TC is the best version otherwise.

There's also a Commander start in AP that starts you with a cruiser so you'll have a little bettet ship for combat if that's your interest.

It takes a loooooong time to get anything heavier than a heavy fighter otherwise.

Also I believe you can sell the commander for a ton of money if you want to do something else.

Rapstah

Albion Prelude. As far as I know you can do the TC and AP content in that and TC is the best version otherwise.

There's also a Commander start in AP that starts you with a cruiser so you'll have a little bettet ship for combat if that's your interest.

It takes a loooooong time to get anything heavier than a heavy fighter otherwise.

Also I believe you can sell the commander for a ton of money if you want to do something else.

Cheers, I'll go for that one then.

Blizzard

Banned

$20

BOUGHT
Yay! Is it on the North America store? It doesn't show up in search.

I will wait till it's $5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom