• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
So... the final verdict is not worth it then?
Depends what you like, no? Do you like super complexity in your RTS? If not, then the "dumbed-down" opinion of someone might not bother you. Is $5 or whatever very little for you to spend, and you're dying to play an RTS before the summer sale? If so, it might be worth it for ya.

Wok

Supreme Commander 2 is a very divisive game. There is many people like me, who like it a lot, but there is as many people who hate it with passion.

My brainy friend prefers the first Supreme Commander in its "Forged Alliance" edition.

vall03

well, glad I bought Morrowind the last time it went on sale. This is the fourth time I saw it on sale and it never dropped below 50%

Woo-Fu

Banned
How long does it typically take a patch to show up on Steam once the developer has submitted it to Valve? I want the ja:bia patch to show up today, dang it.

1-D_FTW

As a daily? Good, I'd say. It'll definitely be discounted throughout the whole thing though.

Yeah. It's been one of those games that routinely gets thrown into the DD at insane deals. But it's also getting a little long in the tooth. Have to think it's eventually going to get thrown out of the rotation. So it's a high probability for DD, but definitely not a lock.

Citizen K

Maybe not the best place to ask but can anyone point me to a 'steam mover' program. I have steam on my regular hard drive but want to play the witcher 2 off my ssd. i read that you can get some sort of tool which moves the witcher files and creates links so windows wont have any problems. cheers!

HoosTrax

SteamMover has a nicer interface (shows your game sizes).

I'm in the unfortunate situation of having my Steam collection spread out across 1x SSD, 1x Raid 0 array, and 1x regular HDD, due to the ridiculous price gouging and profiteering the hard drive manufacturers are engaging in after the floods. (By that, I mean they're profiting above and beyond what they should be only taking into account the extra cost of sourcing parts.)

So... the final verdict is not worth it then?

The game is quite good. It has been out for a long time and it had patches to address a LOT of the complaints against the original shipping version. I am a huge Supreme Commander / Forged Alliance fan and I was one of the many fans that felt burned by the "dumbing down" of SupCom2 on release.

One PC Gamer UK editor changed it from "good" to his "co-op game of the year" in 2010 after the patches:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/12/25/pc-gamer-uks-co-op-game-of-the-year/

Post-patch(es) steam says I've put 192 hours into the game, almost exclusively in the form of skirmish/co-op/etc. So, I feel it is a great game now and it is a total steal at $5... if you like RTS at all don't pass this up.

NOTE: The DLC Infinite War is pretty much a must-have it adds a LOT to the game in terms of units, maps, tech, etc. It is also on sale.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The game is quite good. It has been out for a long time and it had patches to address a LOT of the complaints against the original shipping version. I am a huge Supreme Commander / Forged Alliance fan and I was one of the many fans that felt burned by the "dumbing down" of SupCom2 on release.

One PC Gamer UK editor changed it from "good" to his "co-op game of the year" in 2010 after the patches:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/12/25/pc...e-of-the-year/

Post-patch(es) steam says I've put 192 hours into the game, almost exclusively in the form of skirmish/co-op/etc. So, I feel it is a great game now and it is a total steal at $5... if you like RTS at all don't pass this up.

NOTE: The DLC Infinite War is pretty much a must-have it adds a LOT to the game in terms of units, maps, tech, etc. It is also on sale.

Hmm all right then.

jediyoshi

Shucks, binary domain has had no luck in the top sellers listing. Hopefully more people pick it up at least when it's on sale.

Aselith

Shucks, binary domain has had no luck in the top sellers listing. Hopefully more people pick it up at least when it's on sale.

Well the game only sold 20k units in it's first month on consoles so I can't imagine they were expecting it to set the world on fire on PC. I'm sure it'll do better if/when it hits the $20 price point and below.

mr. grape

I'll probably buy it once it's $20 and gets patched, or a new AMD driver fixes the framerate for my 7970. Framerate sucks too much for my card, no way I'm buying it at full price.

Relax.MX

Im sad people...really really sad and i need your help :( for the third time my download of the new update of the witcher 2 is 0% after 9 GB :( (this is my third post about this but this time i really hope your help) wtf...my download rate is 120 kb/s...this is really a payne...:( i have job, is simply imposible to leave the PC on..:(

What a i need to do? how i can pause or restart my download from the porcent of my 9 GB :(

Please :(

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hmmm still no Binary Domain in retail. I wonder if the steam items will be added still if I buy it from retail (but apparently it's steamworks so there).

Patriot2

Banned
Im sad people...really really sad and i need your help :( for the third time my download of the new update of the witcher 2 is 0% after 9 GB :( (this is my third post about this but this time i really hope your help) wtf...my download rate is 120 kb/s...this is really a payne...:( i have job, is simply imposible to leave the PC on..:(

What a i need to do? how i can pause or restart my download from the porcent of my 9 GB :(

Please :(

Go to the Library and at the top, click on "all games" and go down to downloads and just pause the download, sometimes steam doesn't want download for me, I either wait unitil it works or change your download region in options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom