• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

If you're new to Dustforce and want to use your 360 pad, try this setup:

I posted this in the Steam thread but thought it might be useful to have here.

Recommended Xbox 360 controller button layout:

A: Jump/Confirm
B: Heavy Attack/Cancel
X: Dash
Y: Light Attack

Start: Quick Restart

Movement: Analog or D-Pad

This way you can use "A" to accept/confirm and "B" to cancel while navigating menus. Setting "Start" to quick restart will allow you to bring up the menu with the start button while in-game.

Mapping attack to "B" and "Y" allows you to easily press both buttons to initiate your AOE attack. Heavy attack on "B" keeps it close to jump so you can one-shot mid-air enemies for faster times.

"X" as Dash keeps it simple by mapping everything to the face buttons and it tends to work better since you will be tapping dash a lot to get good times.

I've been rocking it ever since, and I like it a lot.

Dunno if it's been mentioned already, but it seems Elder scrolls games are 50% off as well. Morrowind for 9.99 could be a fine choice for people not interested in today's daily or Midweek Madness.

mrgone

Tiny and Big seems like it could be really cool, but it also seems like it could be one of those games that require me to mentally chain up my FULLY RATIONAL hatred of hipster irony to properly enjoy. I'm starting to run out of imaginary padlocks, 2012.

Blizzard

Banned
It's an IGF winner, apparently. Doesn't that mean it's required to have one segment of the population that passionately loves it, and another that rabidly hates it?

Tiny and Big seems like it could be really cool, but it also seems like it could be one of those games that require me to mentally chain up my FULLY RATIONAL hatred of hipster irony to properly enjoy. I'm starting to run out of imaginary padlocks, 2012.

It's preemptively beginning! :p

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Sup dudes i just realized that i can download free to play games now (Got a 6Mb connection) so what do you guys recommend? Is there any F2P RTS?
Im currently downloading Team Fortress 2. (Im a total steam newbie so i dont know if this is the right thread)

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Sup dudes i just realized that i can download free to play games now (Got a 6Mb connection) so what do you guys recommend? Is there any F2P RTS?
Im currently downloading Team Fortress 2. (Im a total steam newbie so i dont know if this is the right thread)

Age of Empires Online.

Realm of the mad god is fun for a few hours unless you get really into it. Dota 2 is free and the invites aren't too hard to come across anymore. Neither are specifically an rts, but those are what I've enjoyed.

Lingitiz

Yay, will definitely grab Dustforce.
I must say I was pretty disappointed with Bastion back in 2011, though.

I'll probably get killed for this but I agree too. It wasn't a bad game at all, just fell a bit flat for me. I think my expectations were probably too high though because I did play it way after release and goty talks as well.

I'm still looking forward to what Kasavin and the people at Supergiant do next. Although Bastion disappointed me, its still an insanely good job for a new indie team.

I'll probably get killed for this but I agree too. It wasn't a bad game at all, just fell a bit flat for me. I think my expectations were probably too high though because I did play it way after release and goty talks as well.

I also felt the EXACT way.

Good game. Just didn't fall through as GOTY material to me.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Bastion's highs are incredible but there were long stretches of "meh" for me. I think part of that is the completely bland level design most of the time.

Rufus

Bastion's highs are incredible but there were long stretches of "meh" for me. I think part of that is the completely bland level design most of the time.
Yeah, I went on auto-pilot for long stretches of the game. The voice-over didn't do anything for me either. Some of the songs and things that happen near the ending resonated very well with me, but that's about it.

Salsa

Bastion was far from perfect, dont see why a shitstorm would come. It did some things very right and had some really interesting and new ideas, but at the same time it had some issues in other areas where other games of a similar genre are better.

I really enjoyed it and cant wait for their next game myself. Go Kasavin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom