• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sad people...really really sad and i need your help :( for the third time my download of the new update of the witcher 2 is 0% after 9 GB :( (this is my third post about this but this time i really hope your help) wtf...my download rate is 120 kb/s...this is really a payne...:( i have job, is simply imposible to leave the PC on..:(

What a i need to do? how i can pause or restart my download from the porcent of my 9 GB :(

Please :(

At this point, you should just redeem your free copy of the game on gog.com and download that version to play.

Dambrosi

Banned
I'll buy Binary Domain, but not yet. No spare cash, at least for full price. Hope there's a tasty Daily Deal nearer the Summer Sale.

Hell, I still need to buy Skyrim, Serious Sam 3 and The Witcher 2 yet!

ArjanN

Shucks, binary domain has had no luck in the top sellers listing. Hopefully more people pick it up at least when it's on sale.

PC GAF buy this game or I hate you forever.

Im sad people...really really sad and i need your help :( for the third time my download of the new update of the witcher 2 is 0% after 9 GB :( (this is my third post about this but this time i really hope your help) wtf...my download rate is 120 kb/s...this is really a payne...:( i have job, is simply imposible to leave the PC on..:(

What a i need to do? how i can pause or restart my download from the porcent of my 9 GB :(

Please :(

Even though Steam says the progress is 0% it actually DOES resume.

Say you've downloaded 6GB out of 9GB, even if the percentage counter resets to 0% what that means it that you have downloaded 0% of the 3GB you have left to download.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Reckon I'm gonna have to get SupCom 2. Never played the first but they are meant to be pretty sweet, right?

Joe Molotov

Looks like Sniper Elite V2 launched early on Steam (I thought it wasn't coming out until Friday), but the preorder deal is still good at GetGamesGo. I went ahead and bought it for $30 there and got my codes immediately. NO SCOPE NUT SHOT!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Looks like Sniper Elite V2 launched early on Steam (I thought it wasn't coming out until Friday), but the preorder deal is still good at GetGamesGo. I went ahead and bought it for $30 there and got my codes immediately. NO SCOPE NUT SHOT!

Oh hell yeah, I just checked and my code was there as well.

Nabs

dat web design.

Don't hate. You know you'll be there on day 1 for $30. The Steam icon is going to be epic.

DD-COE3.jpg

Relax.MX

Even though Steam says the progress is 0% it actually DOES resume.

Say you've downloaded 6GB out of 9GB, even if the percentage counter resets to 0% what that means it that you have downloaded 0% of the 3GB you have left to download.

No is not...the size of the update is 11GB, and i already downloaded 6gb+9gb+8gb = 23gb in total

And this is right now:
qOuYn.jpg

From 0% again...

At this point, you should just redeem your free copy of the game on gog.com and download that version to play.

Yes! fuck steam..i need to play Witcher 2

Yaska

No idea if mentioned, but South Park RPG seems to be steampowered. Pre-purchase popped up on GMG for 49,95€ and says it requires steam.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
No idea if mentioned, but South Park RPG seems to be steampowered. Pre-purchase popped up on GMG for 49,95€ and says it requires steam.

It makes sense. THQ is the publisher and they went full Steamworks a while ago.

Sanic

Should have mentioned, please tell me your steam name as well. Someone just added me, but I have no idea who it is.

Xamdou, who are you? I only have one copy, should have mentioned that as well. Sorry guys, impulse post :(.

Quote this and then add me on Steam for a copy of the CS:GO beta.
Added. :) Oh, I see. :(
So South Park the game is up for preorder by Green Man Gaming...

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/na/en/pc/games/rpgs/south-park-game/

Requires steam but that's not the best part... its $60!

If THO thinks they can reverse their fortunes by increasing their prices they lost their minds, oh well THQ gonna die anyway, why not with a bang?

Why would anyone do that? :/ It's a suicide imho, makes no sense. Plus, there'll be a subscription to pay, right? 60 bucks for a South Park game , maybe 10 per month. Oh well, never cared about that one.

Edit: i'm an idiot.

morningbus

Why would anyone do that? :/ It's a suicide imho, makes no sense. Plus, there'll be a subscription to pay, right? 60 bucks for a South Park game, maybe 10 per month. Oh well, never cared about that one.

Hm? I think you're confused. This isn't an MMO and there's no subscription.

morningbus

It's a traditional RPG conceived and written by the creators of South Park with motherfuckin' Obsidian doing the heavy lifting.

While the game shouldn't be $60 on PC, it'll certainly be worth it.

ArjanN

Yep, definitely. I was sure it was a MMORPG, though. Still, 60$ for a South Park game is way to much.

Only because there have been a bunch of lazy cash-in South Park games by various developers so they've lowered the perceived value of the brand.

Think of this as an Obsidian RPG thay happens to use South Park as the setting.

Also, that'll teach em to release stuff on consoles! It'll have much longer legs on PC. It could potentially become profitable in the long haul with us whereas it wouldn't so much on consoles.

Yeah, I know, I was being sarcastic.

What I meant was that if you want to support games like this coming to PC buy them early and don't wait until they're $1. :p

Thinking about just going for Crazy Machines 2 and picking up the DLC later if it's worth it. Seems like the game has a decent reputation but I'd like to see if it's something I enjoy sinking time into first.

Crazy machines looks pretty good, but $25 for the pack is too much for me. Even $5 for the individual games still doesn't entice me.

Steam has made me so cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom