• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have Mission Runway? I'm pissed that missed out on the Xmas sale.

nNYzd.jpg

Found my 500th game.

10 bucks... I don't know...

Can you redeem the original Dead Space on Origin if you buy it from Steam? (or Amazon)

Yep, I was able to a couple of months ago, although I had to use the online redeemer, i.e. not the Origin application itself.

Edit: It looks like I may be mistaken, although I have it in my Origin account, so I either redeemed it or got support to redeem it for me.

PixelJunk Eden must be close to being released. The soundtrack was added to the registry today.

Also, the Law & Order title by TellTale Games is coming soon.

1 no, 2 yes

Yep, I was able to a couple of months ago, although I had to use the online redeemer, i.e. not the Origin application itself.

Edit: It looks like I may be mistaken, although I have it in my Origin account, so I either redeemed it or got support to redeem it for me.

Thanks, I got DS2 from Amazon for free but I still haven't played the first one. I'll probably get it from Amazon though, because it's cheaper for me and i don't have to lend my Steam account to my brother each time he wants to play it.

goober

Anyone from Europe with a cheaper price on Dead Space wanna help me out? Can paypal first (if you won't scam me)

edit: I believe it's the equivalent of $3.20
edit2: is the content different in some countries? like censorship and what not

Anyone from Europe with a cheaper price on Dead Space wanna help me out? Can paypal first (if you won't scam me)

edit: I believe it's the equivalent of $3.20
edit2: is the content different in some countries? like censorship and what not

It might be different in Germany, but not in the rest of the EU (France, Netherlands or Italy for example would all work fine).

I had 499 games. I bought operation runway and now I have 501 games.

I bet it has an sdk or something. Or it seperates single and multi player cod style. Yeah thats totally what happened.

BioHazard

I had 499 games. I bought operation runway and now I have 501 games.

I bet it has an sdk or something. Or it seperates single and multi player cod style. Yeah thats totally what happened.

You will soon come to realize the game count is very weird. I have an over 500 game discrepancy between the number of games my client says I have and how much my community profile says I have lol :/

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I'm only six plus years late to the 'party,' yes, but Quake 4 is utterly miserable. Who knew!

Perhaps installing that right after Serious Sam 3 wasn't the brightest idea.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Speaking of Raven (albeit indirectly), I do wish Acti would offer up Wolfenstein '09 as daily. The lowest it's been since August 2010 is $15 (base price of $20 - a general winter sale discount of 25%).

Sober

Speaking of Raven (albeit indirectly), I do wish Acti would offer up Wolfenstein '09 as daily. The lowest its been since August 2010 is $15 (base price of $20 - a general winter sale discount of 25%).
Speaking of Raven Software, why can I not find a copy of X-Men Origins: Wolverine anywhere? I heard it was pretty awesome for a comic book game.

Bebpo

Banned
I'm only six plus years late to the 'party,' yes, but Quake 4 is utterly miserable. Who knew!

Perhaps installing that right after Serious Sam 3 wasn't the brightest idea.

Yeah, Quake 4 was really bad. Somehow managed to be worse than Doom 3, which was already bad.

It's not even like the old Quake/Doom games don't hold up today, they do! But this generation's updates were total letdowns :( Hope Doom 4 is a return to form.

Oreoleo

Is Nation Red any good? Can't seem to get the game to download for the free weekend and at 2.50 I'll just pick it up if it's worth it.

Played it with some friends for about a half hour today... none of us really liked it. There just didn't seem to be a whole lot to it and some of the systems seem kind of ambiguous or not well implemented. When the player gets annoyed by leveling up you know something is wrong.

Sober

Played it with some friends for about a half hour today... none of us really liked it. There just didn't seem to be a whole lot to it and some of the systems seem kind of ambiguous or not well implemented. When the player gets annoyed by leveling up you know something is wrong.
There is a way to set up your perks so you can get them automatically or something as you level up (instead of having to browse the list).

UI could be a bit better but barricade mode is rather fun for SP. It is okay with a 360 pad but I found it was much better on KBM for the oddest thing.

Nymerio

The main problem I had with the leveling is that it stops the game dead. One moment you're running around fighting zombies and than the game stops completely to let you select your perks. I haven't tried it myself, but I think I read in the patch notes that there's like a list of your favourite perks, I guess this automatically selects your preferred perks when they come up.

Other than that I really like it.

Aselith

The main problem I had with the leveling is that it stops the game dead. One moment you're running around fighting zombies and than the game stops completely to let you select your perks. I haven't tried it myself, but I think I read in the patch notes that there's like a list of your favourite perks, I guess this automatically selects your preferred perks when they come up.

Other than that I really like it.

There are several modes for distributing perks and they each have advantages and disadvantages. Best if you don't want to have to select perks is automatic because I believe it has no cap or at least a very high one. Disadvantage of course is that you can't pick so getting the second and third tier perks can take a lot longer.

From the forums:

Q: What are the different perk modes?

A: Random Perk mode gives you a random selection of 7 perks when you level up. There is no maximum to the amount of perks you can get.
Strategic Perk mode allows you to choose from all the available perks by scrolling between them. However, there is a maximum of 10 perks total you can get.
Auto Perk mode means the game automatically chooses a perk for you when you level up. There is no game pausing. You can create your Auto Perk selection by clicking the little arrow next to the 'Auto Perk Mode' option in the main menu.

Q: Why would I play Random Perk Mode if I can decide my own perks in Strategic Mode?

A: Because Random Perk mode has no limit to the number of perks you can collect. Strategic Mode has a maximum of 10 perks. This is why most experienced players will play in Random Perk mode. Also, Random Perk mode is different every time which adds a level of unpredictability. Still, the right 10 perks in Strategic Mode can be pretty powerful.

Seems the best place to ask but how do I go about moving all my steam games from one part of the hard drive to another? I want to shrink C: to just the OS and programs and move Games over to D: (media) but im not sure how (if you even can).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Seems the best place to ask but how do I go about moving all my steam games from one part of the hard drive to another? I want to shrink C: to just the OS and programs and move Games over to D: (media) but im not sure how (if you even can).

You can simply move the entire Steam folder over to another drive, but if you'd prefer to keep Steam itself on the C: drive and move the steamapps (games) folder to D:, use Steam Tool or Steam Mover (WinVista/7 required).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom