• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

And you can now play the demos for the winning demos of the 2011 Level UP contest held by Intel: http://store.steampowered.com/sale/levelup

All of the games that won the competition will get automatically accepted on Steam if I remember correctly.
I totally did a double take when I saw this banner and thought I was seeing GladOS's Anger Core.

capsule_467x181.jpg

kafiend

I successfully built my first PC last night. Too bad I have no money left for games now.

By time the summer sale happens I should be good. It's actually perfect timing really. I'm assuming I'll be able to fill out my collection nicely.

Welcome to the slippery slope.

I successfully built my first PC last night. Too bad I have no money left for games now.

By time the summer sale happens I should be good. It's actually perfect timing really. I'm assuming I'll be able to fill out my collection nicely.

Play league of legends or team fortress 2...free, fun, huge community.

1-D_FTW

Plus there's a ton of demos. If you don't know how you want to prioritize your summer budget, it'd be a good thing to do. Everyone here has bought games they never would have touched had they just spent 5 minutes with the demo (and vice-verse).

Ceebs

is 1980x1200 commonly supported in PC games? Ordered a larger monitor and have no idea if it will be problematic.

Most games support 16:10. Even if it's not you can just have your graphics card display it in 16:9 with black bars. I have been using a 16:10 monitor for years now and have never really had problems with it.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Dammit, bought Far Cry Complete even though I'm not all that excited about playing them. Just couldn't resist that deal. Damn you, Steam, I'll never ever get through my backlog!

Glaurungr

I've got some Steam keys from old HIBs I might as well give away, so quote which ones you want and I'll shoot you a PM.

Edit: All gone!

• Bastion
  • Crayon Physics Deluxe, Aquaria, & Dungeons of Dredmor
  • Humble Indie Bundle #3
  • Swords & Soldiers

Tambini

I've got some Steam keys from old HIBs I might as well give away, so quote which ones you want and I'll shoot you a PM.

• Bastion
  • Humble Indie Bundle #3
  • Swords & Soldiers

Can I have Swords and Soldiers please? :)

Edit: Thanks :)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hmm no DD today?

Also wait, Dota2 Beta is for sale? But those who got Dota2 invites already have it right?

• Bastion
  • Humble Indie Bundle #3
  • Swords & Soldiers

I'd like Swords & Soldiers

Tomodachi

• Bastion
  • Humble Indie Bundle #3
  • Swords & Soldiers

Can I have the humble indie bundle #3, please?

EDIT: thanks a lot!

HoosTrax

Ridge Racer is supposed to have really unforgiving AI later on right? Or at least that's what I recall hearing.

That really bugs me about a lot of arcade racers -- the rubberband AI. It was ridiculous in the NFS games where you'd be far ahead of the pack, and you'd look down at the minimap and see the AI cars seemingly teleporting through buildings, moving in a as-the-crow-flies straight line across the map to magically catch up to you. It was also really bad in the 24 Hours of Le Mans race in GRID.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Rubberband AI can fuck off, especially in games with drift that could let me 180 and back up across the finish line if I had a good enough lead.

Forkball

I highly recommend Crusader Kings II if it has a daily. Typically the Paradox strategy games I've played (HoI, EUIII) were too dense and difficult, but CKII is much more approachable while still maintaining a challenge. I'll probably pick up Napoleonic Wars when M&B day comes around.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I have Psychonauts so I'll pass on that other one.

Plus I only have passive interest in the others.

Dammit, bought Far Cry Complete even though I'm not all that excited about playing them. Just couldn't resist that deal. Damn you, Steam, I'll never ever get through my backlog!
i thought it was a bundle for $5, but had i taken 2 seconds to realize i could've just bought FC2 for $2.50 i would have.

whatever, i'll definitely give them both a few hours of my time before FC3 (which i'm psyched for).

fucking steam.

The Humble Bundle is getting Lone Survivor :eek: (along with SMB and Braid)

Cool, I paid 1o bucks. And Now I have some extra keys, will post them in the GAF-only steamgifts thread today!

This was my first indie bundle purchase, and certainly the best ever! They have won me over for sure in the future.

Mrbob

How is King Arthur 2?

I'm grabbing Warlock this weekend but I'm going to wait and see if it goes on a daily deal first.

Aselith

I highly recommend Crusader Kings II if it has a daily. Typically the Paradox strategy games I've played (HoI, EUIII) were too dense and difficult, but CKII is much more approachable while still maintaining a challenge. I'll probably pick up Napoleonic Wars when M&B day comes around.

I have CK2 key that I'll sell for $9 if anyone is interested.

I bought Ridge Racer Unbounded at launch and have played it for five or six hours. It's not a bad game just don't go into it expecting classic Ridge Racer and you'll find a slightly obtuse but pretty fun racer. I say slightly obtuse because it doesn't really explain it's drifting mechanic well (read through the official thread to get some good tips) and you have to drive into shit (walls and other obstacles in the environment) to go faster. My problem is the game starts to wear thin after a few hours because it's nothing but the same recycled elements making up tracks and everything starts to feel same-y after a while. They really missed an opportunity by not including some classic RR vistas, track elements and cars.

The racer A.I. does seem kind of steep and unfair initially but you learn to game it and boost chain through takedowns...err, I mean frags and smashing through key obstacles. Then you'll be ahead of the pack consistently.

Kind of annoying that the DLC isn't on sale too. It would be nice to snag some of those classic RR cars for cheaper.

Also, Scratch me giving out braid and SMB, when i went to the HumbleIndieBundle to retrieve the keys, they used ONE main key for all 3 of the extra games, and when redeemed, it DOES NOT grant you extra copies.... :( Sorry, GAF.
That is normal for HiB one key for the base games, and one key for the BTA games. No extra copy's will be given if you already have the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom