• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaleii

Price has been fixed.

Got one more out to delirium. Cherish it!

Edit: I even booted up my second computer with 6 steam alt accounts to try to figure something out. Oh well.

Even though I didn't benefit from this (due to being a bit late), I'd just like to say that I really appreciate your efforts, drizzle. Talk about community!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I should just create another paypal account with my secondary credit card and attach that paypal account to the alternate steam accounts, shouldn't I?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Serious Sam is more fun than most modern FPS, which isn't too much of an accomplishment but for the very mindless run and gun that it is it's fine.

But when a friend wanted me to play it again to co-op it with him, it was the worst. That game does not hold up to repeated playthroughs, I was either falling asleep during it or trying to sneak away and minimize the game in the hopes that he wouldn't notice me idling in the corner.
I'm already feeling this way on my first playthrough of TSE, even though it's been months since I played TFE.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I should just create another paypal account with my secondary credit card and attach that paypal account to the alternate steam accounts, shouldn't I?

I'm pretty sure when the Sleeping Dogs price glitch was up and I got it at cost for around 18 GAF-fers that I used the same Paypal account on both mine and my boyfriend's Steam account to buy them all. I think the lock is just on your Steam account.

HoosTrax

I've heard it's one of the games that's getting cards soon, though. The game I'm most looking forward to cards for though is Dust-- I'm 28/30 and would love to earn cards while replaying in hardcore.
I want some profile wallpaper from either Dust or Bastion.

d0g_bear

For those who missed the Brave New World brazil price, here's a code for 25% off at GMG. From the civ subreddit.
GMG25-GDSAK-7FPWQ

I hope Quake Live comes out on Steam soon and gets badges. I think games that have rocket jumps will be my standard for games that deserve to be badges on my profile.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
After hundreds of hours in L4D2, it's nice to return for a little bit. Now playing with Minecraft models woot.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I hope Quake Live comes out on Steam soon and gets badges. I think games that have rocket jumps will be my standard for games that deserve to be badges on my profile.

I'm guessing it'll be released circa QuakeCon in a couple of months.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member

Really. The only thing that's keeping me from playing QL more is that it isn't in my Steam list and by that I don't play it when I'm bored.

Probably won't happen though due to browser interactions and all that.

PriitV

I want some profile wallpaper from either Dust or Bastion.

This reminded me that Enhanced Steam has a nice nifty tweak under your profile edit.
tdQ3UBX.png

A bit strange. Valve updated the new file-system for a lot of Games. TF2 and I guess even HL2+Episodes. But L4D1+2 still have the old file-system with 40.000 files or so...

I'm guessing it'll be released circa QuakeCon in a couple of months.
That was my hopeful assumption with that Project Ranger achievement floating about but

Quake Live to steam was debunked a little while back by one of their developers unfortunately.

http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showthread.php?31531-Quake-Live-finally-coming-to-steam/page2
Augh, gutted. They should get on that.

Really. The only thing that's keeping me from playing QL more is that it isn't in my Steam list and by that I don't play it when I'm bored.

Probably won't happen though due to browser interactions and all that.
I'm notoriously guilty of that myself, but QLPrism is a neat standalone client that launches its own specialized Mozilla browser exclusively for Quake Live. It even has built in chat with the regular Quake channels and tickers on matches currently going on. You can slap that onto your Steam and launch it as a third party game that way, but I'd still prefer an official release myself.

You also can't put them on another drive yet (without work arounds).

Yeah. Thats why I noticed it. Its just... L4D2 is really a Game that should use the new file-system. I remember it took 2 hours or so when I moved it to another HDD, just because it has tenthousands of small files.

Anybody want to split a Cubemen 2 pack? $2.50 paypal.

Quite clever of Valve and the developers. Now people buy the game to get digital cards to sell. Though I guess if you sell all the cards you get, you have the 2,50$ back :)

Just bought the Serious Sam humble weekly sale thing not knowing I already had... all of the games.

Son of a...

So... more games for you!!! Yay!

PM me. I'll update the list:

All gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom