• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to repeat again, FTL is awesome.

Isn't it just? I've been playing on the laptop on the bus some recently, and it's so hard during the workday to know that my laptop is sitting there in my bag, just waiting for some more FTL on the ride home.

I wish they'd make an arcade stick that works on all systems. I don't want to have to buy 3 separate sticks or modify one just because they're stingy.

Others have mentioned some of the advanced mods and options out there. But at this point there are actually some pretty solid lag free converters that you can use. An old PS2 stick is actually a great option for this, just use inPin for PS2->PS3 and xTokki360 for PS2->360/PC.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
e9KtbJz.png

Aaand done.

For both the final and secret bosses I settled on spamming the Dimmer spell and pretty much ignoring their attacks while I did my thing until they dropped. Getting 97% on Piano Jam for Luminous Storm gave me more trouble than it should though. Good game, I never liked playing DDR with a controller but all the systems in this one made it work, and it was better written than I expected too. Loved the credits with everyone talking. Feep, make it have cards!

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Just finshed Dishonored.
Overall a really good game, good stealth gameplay and melee system (even if I didn't use it at all, but I replayed a mission going full melee alerting all the guards and it was very funny :lol).
The story is very nice, I didn't like it when they pulled a
Bioshock (I had the feeling it was coming, but I hoped not)
but in the end it was ok.
Although
Havelock killing Martin and Pembleton... Well, it made sense, but I would have liked to have a choice about that.
Oh and Havelock speech at the end (when he hasn't spotted you yet) was stupid imho. You do all this, and then you repent because...?
Unless he knew that Corvo was still alive and was after him.
I wish they would have expanded on the
Outsider's story
, it was a really nice character.

My reaction when during the credits Lena Hadey and Susan Saradon names came up: What? Didn't recognize either of them. :lol
Oh and the game has an great sense of depth, must be awesome to play it in sterescopic 3D.

Caerith

Wasn't there some backlash over Shadowrun something something kickstarter something DRM something? (Am I thinking of the right game?) Is there anything I should know before buying it
when it goes on sale
?

Uhh, Motioninjoy is kinda shitty. Many people have gotten their drivers messed up by using it and it's basically spyware. Everyone should use this instead if they want to use a Dualshock 3 on their PC: http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=59385385
Technically, it's a trojan horse. I second the post you linked, been using Scarlet Crush's wrapper for months now and it works perfectly.

e9KtbJz.png

Aaand done.

For both the final and secret bosses I settled on spamming the Dimmer spell and pretty much ignoring their attacks while I did my thing until they dropped. Getting 97% on Piano Jam for Luminous Storm gave me more trouble than it should though. Good game, I never liked playing DDR with a controller but all the systems in this one made it work, and it was better written than I expected too. Loved the credits with everyone talking. Feep, make it have cards!
Congrats! I 100%'d it a while ago and, yeah, I think I ended up 100%ing Piano Jam since it took me like a million tries of basically building up muscle memory to get it right.

Fuu

Just finshed Dishonored.
Overall a really good game, good stealth gameplay and melee system (even if I didn't use it at all, but I replayed a mission going full melee alerting all the guards and it was very funny :lol).
The story is very nice, I didn't like it when they pulled a
Bioshock
but in the end it worked.
Although
Havelock killing Martin and Pembleton... Well, it made sense, but I would have liked to have a choice about that.
Oh and Havelock speech at the end (when he hasn't spotted you yet) was stupid imho. You do all this, and then you repent because...?
Unless he knew that Corvo was still alive and was after him.
I wish they would have expanded on the
Outsider's story
, it was a really nice character.

My reaction when during the credits Lena Hadey and Susan Saradon names came up: What? Didn't recognize either of them. :lol
Oh and the game has an great sense of depth, must be awesome to play it in sterescopic 3D.
There are two more endings btw, you did the Low Chaos one. The way things go down with
Martin and Pendleton
is different in a High Chaos run.

I was surprised at their names in the credits too, haha. Had to do a double take.

Congrats! I 100%'d it a while ago and, yeah, I think I ended up 100%ing Piano Jam since it took me like a million tries of basically building up muscle memory to get it right.
Thanks! And yep, it's so crazy before you get good at it. There was one time I beat it at 97% exactly, but the game needs it to be 97,1% at least. I just stood there looking at the screen. I had to leave that scroll for last since you de-level yourself whenever you fail with the truckload of XP it requires for the real tries.

TronLight

There are two more endings btw, you did the Low Chaos one. The way things go down with
Martin and Pendleton
is different in a High Chaos run.

I was surprised at their names in the credits too, haha. Had to do a double take.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that!
I'll have to replay the game then.

No stealth and killing everyone will be fun. :lol

Blizzard

Banned
Wasn't there some backlash over Shadowrun something something kickstarter something DRM something? (Am I thinking of the right game?) Is there anything I should know before buying it
when it goes on sale
?
There's no DRM besides Steam that I'm aware of. The main complaint currently raised is that besides occasional savegame loss (not sure if this is due to crashing or what), there is no way to save and quit the game. You have to keep playing until you find an autosave checkpoint. This might be reasonable (15 minutes) or it might be awkwardly long (30+ minutes).

sry didn't saw the problem with modbot, first to message me on steam get the game

Yep, ModBot is definitely slacking off. I checked the 3 hour raffle I posted over 4 hours ago and the post has not been edited to show who claimed which game, even though several GAFers have commented that they entered for a particular game.

Hopefully Stump will give ModBot a kick up the arse and let us know it's okay to use ModBot before too long.

Turfster

There's no DRM besides Steam that I'm aware of. The main complaint currently raised is that besides occasional savegame loss (not sure if this is due to crashing or what), there is no way to save and quit the game. You have to keep playing until you find an autosave checkpoint. This might be reasonable (15 minutes) or it might be awkwardly long (30+ minutes).

Yeah, I'm going to wait until they fix the saving thing (and the copying itself to the windows boot disk some people have reported), I missed out on the 10% off window anyway.

There's no DRM besides Steam that I'm aware of.

The devs were promising, or at least implying, that the game would see a DRM-free version. Unfortunately, Microsoft vetoed that and said that all copies except those for Kickstarter backers had to have Steam DRM. This information didn't come out until after the Kickstarter ended, hence the outrage.

eyeless

there was something about future dlc being steam only so if you backed for non-drm shadowrun and don't want to use steam you're boned

edit hey look i got beaten

Fuu

Already in the queue. (Obviously they didn't go up "tomorrow", but still.)
antoniobanderas.gif

So close. They almost went up while I was still completing it.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that!
I'll have to replay the game then.

No stealth and killing everyone will be fun. :lol
Haha yeah, Dishonored is very fun for replays with different approaches. My first playthrough was a mix of stealth and being more violent at some parts, then on my second run I went for no-kill+undetected, but I haven't done an "all-out crazy action game" one yet. This reminds me I still need to play the Knife of Dunwall DLC that I bought in the summer sale, I'll probably go for the rest of the achievements when I get to it.

The_Monk

Assassin's Creed 3 is the worst game I've played this year. I can't continue with it.

Back to Euro Truck Simulator 2.

I played all the Assassin's Creed fellow GAFfer. AC3 was the most buggy game (I played on console, mind you) ever. From climbing to kill those animals for their skins and then the bones staying in the air, to the Story itself. I never finished it and I won't, it was one of the rarest times that I simply said to a game: this is getting so bored/bad/buggy that I can't play any further.

However I do hope Black Flag to be better, simply because it can't be worse. *crosses fingers*

But yeah, go drive some trucks good sir, it's for the best. :)

TronLight

antoniobanderas.gif

So close. They almost went up while I was still completing it.

Haha yeah, Dishonored is very fun for replays with different approaches. My first playthrough was a mix of stealth and being more violent at some parts, then on my second run I went for no-kill+undetected, but I haven't done an "all-out crazy action game" one yet. This reminds me I still need to play the Knife of Dunwall DLC that I bought in the summer sale, I'll probably go for the rest of the achievements when I get to it.

About that...
How am I supposed to kill 4 enemies with a single dart in less than 1 second?
Or 6 enemies in less than 1 second?

Momentary

Banned
I feel so dirty leaving 3 or 4 games running on my laptop while I'm at the base.

I just didn't think I could make so much money from cards.

I really need to bear down and start beating all these games.... Who am I kidding? I'm just going to start fresh with the next game I buy and act like the games I own now don't exist (after I get my cards that is).

I haven't played any of the STALKER games. Which one would you recommend if I would only buy one? I first want to see if they are my type of game before I buy them all.

duppolo

does booster pack come to you only if you have the game open or also if u have steam open? and if it required the game, we can leave it to the menu or in pause or it has to run?

DukeBobby

Didn't have any major bugs in AC3 or any of Bethesda's games.
I am truly blessed.

The bugs were the least of my problems, although they were pretty annoying. I had bigger issues with the brain-dead combat and platforming, lifeless and boring world, uninteresting characters (aside from Haytham), and the terrible pacing.

does booster pack come to you only if you have the game open or also if u have steam open? and if it required the game, we can leave it to the menu or in pause or it has to run?

The only requirement is logging into Steam once a week. You don't even have to be online.

Hawkie

About that...

For 4, knock them out, line them up, bend time, shoot them with a crossbow (reload upgrade done). Same procedure for 6 but you need some of the exploding canisters around your "pile" instead and may have to get chased by a couple of guards as the bodies despawn when grouped sometimes. Both can be done at the bridge area where you get dropped off for the first few missions.

Overdoziz

Banned
The bugs were the least of my problems, although they were pretty annoying. I had bigger issues with the brain-dead combat and platforming, lifeless and boring world, uninteresting characters (aside from Haytham), and the terrible pacing.
Naval missions are pretty neat, though. Honestly, I didn't have nearly as many problems with AC3 as others did. It could've definitely used more actual assassination missions and less fluff, but overall I enjoyed it quite a bit. Loved freerunning through the woods, and it was actually the only game in the series in which I collected all collectibles.

eyeless

About that...
having the ability to stop time would help

edit
For 4, knock them out, line them up, bend time, shoot them with a crossbow. Same procedure for 6 but you need some of the exploding canisters around your "pile" instead and may have to get chased by a couple of guards as the bodies despawn when grouped sometimes.
getting it naturally was a pretty awesome moment for me so i'd recommend playing through high chaos a bit and seeing if you get it first

Hawkie

having the ability to stop time would help

edit
getting it naturally was a pretty awesome moment for me so i'd recommend playing through high chaos a bit and seeing if you get it first

Yeah, the methods I've outlined are a last resort for trophy hunters and the like.

One of the best things about XInput Wrapper is that I lets me use my two Xbox controllers and two PS3 controllers at the same time.

Now I can actually get those Sonic ASR Transformed LAN achievements.

Fuu

About that...
For 4, knock them out, line them up, bend time, shoot them with a crossbow (reload upgrade done). Same procedure for 6 but you need some of the exploding canisters around your "pile" instead and may have to get chased by a couple of guards as the bodies despawn when grouped sometimes. Both can be done at the bridge area where you get dropped off for the first few missions.
If you don't get them by playing normally, the easiest area for both of those achievements is at the Arc Pylon mission and doing it like in this video.

FloatOn

Has this been discussed yet

Space Hulk is up for pre-order. 30 smackers

http://store.steampowered.com/app/242570/

I thought this was going to be some super basic game for mobile but it looks like the new xcom but with SPOICE MAHREENSSS

(I'm finally getting around to finishing the space marine campaign these days so the timing couldn't have been more perfect)

Wok

GMG deals for Square Enix titles: -75%.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/massive-savings-square-enix-titles/

Tomb Raider is £6.49 on GMG (75% / £7.49 with £1 cash back, or £1.50 credit).. Also 75% on a lot of other Square-Enix titles, and Square-Enix's own store has similar discounts as well.

Beaten.

Green Man Gaming is proud to present you with your own personal referral link! Your link is:
http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=lapokama

Share this link with your friends and when they start buying, you’ll start earning. For every friend you refer who then spends a minimum of £2.00, we will credit both your accounts £2.00. If you’ve got lots of mates, you could be quids in!

An interesting marketing scheme: basically, you want to create secondary accounts every time you plan to buy a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom