• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
For 4, knock them out, line them up, bend time, shoot them with a crossbow (reload upgrade done). Same procedure for 6 but you need some of the exploding canisters around your "pile" instead and may have to get chased by a couple of guards as the bodies despawn when grouped sometimes. Both can be done at the bridge area where you get dropped off for the first few missions.

Well if I can use Bend Time it's easy. :lol
I though I had to do it in a real life second. Maybe with some technique I didn't know of.

BTW, I started AC Revelations, and while it's not the best looking game even, the IQ it's just so good and the image so sharp.
Man, do I miss MSAA in every game.

SQEX Sales > FFVII is full price.

C'mon.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Just grabbed Tomb Raider and Hitman Absolution for $13.73. Damn you GMG.

Caerith

The devs were promising, or at least implying, that the game would see a DRM-free version. Unfortunately, Microsoft vetoed that and said that all copies except those for Kickstarter backers had to have Steam DRM. This information didn't come out until after the Kickstarter ended, hence the outrage.
Ah, thanks. Not really a big deal for me since I get everything on Steam anyway.

There's no DRM besides Steam that I'm aware of. The main complaint currently raised is that besides occasional savegame loss (not sure if this is due to crashing or what), there is no way to save and quit the game. You have to keep playing until you find an autosave checkpoint. This might be reasonable (15 minutes) or it might be awkwardly long (30+ minutes).
Ah, that's terrible. Maybe they learned game design from New Super Mario Bros DS and you can unlock "save and quit" after beating the game.

Hmm, seems I already have everything I want that is a part of the squeenix sale on GMG. Probably for the best. I did just pick up Borderlands 2 for $7.50...at that price I suppose it's worth a look.

Crayons

Banned
So I've been checking out the custom cover art thread.
They have almost no PC representation over there, and I always thought it would be cool to have a physical collection of my favorite Steam games.

I made a couple of custom covers for Dark Souls and SS2. Looking for some feedback and criticism.

These look amazing, really like that the art takes up most of it. It'd be better without the PC / Steam logo though.

I don't know if it was posted here yet, but I guess Puppy Games sent out a newsletter saying all the games in the Ultra Bundle would be getting cards soon.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Oh man, Just Cause 2 is hilarious. I was in the mood for some chaotic open world gameplay and it was a toss-up between starting JC2 or Saints Row: The Third. I think I'll leave SR3 for when my brother is available for co-op (I'll probably have to gift him the game though! He only has SR2, which I heard is a terrible port).

e9KtbJz.png

Aaand done.

For both the final and secret bosses I settled on spamming the Dimmer spell and pretty much ignoring their attacks while I did my thing until they dropped. Getting 97% on Piano Jam for Luminous Storm gave me more trouble than it should though. Good game, I never liked playing DDR with a controller but all the systems in this one made it work, and it was better written than I expected too. Loved the credits with everyone talking. Feep, make it have cards!
I've seen you post your 100% achievement shots a few times now, do you have the Achievement Showcase on your Steam profile? I would be curious to see what your stats are.

zkylon

zkylewd
So I've been checking out the custom cover art thread.
They have almost no PC representation over there, and I always thought it would be cool to have a physical collection of my favorite Steam games.

I made a couple of custom covers for Dark Souls and SS2. Looking for some feedback and criticism.
those are great, but they'd be better without the PC thingie imo

I haven't played any of the STALKER games. Which one would you recommend if I would only buy one? I first want to see if they are my type of game before I buy them all.
afaik shadow of chernobyl is the best one but call of pripyat is the easiest to get into

I've only played soc and clear sky and you can't get wrong with soc

How is STALKER? I've been wanting to get it. Any mods I should get?
fantastic, incredible atmosphere and tons of emergent awesomeness, stalker is what all open world games should aspire to be

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I've seen you post your 100% achievement shots a few times now, do you have the Achievement Showcase on your Steam profile? I would be curious to see what your stats are.
I do, here. There's not a lot there though, I've had a Steam account for a while but only really started using it this February after I built a gaming pc. I wouldn't say I'm an achievement hunter but I really like to 100% when it's a game I truly enjoy and if the achievements are fun to go after. I post it here more as a "yay I did it!" celebration of sorts more than me trying to brag, haha.

Btw I think it's the first time I post my profile in this thread, so if anyone wants to feel free to add me, I don't have many gaffers on my list. Also, if someone can invite me to the gaf group, I'd appreciate it. (edit: thanks xelios)

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, Just Cause 2 is hilarious. I was in the mood for some chaotic open world gameplay and it was a toss-up between starting JC2 or Saints Row: The Third. I think I'll leave SR3 for when my brother is available for co-op (I'll probably have to gift him the game though! He only has SR2, which I heard is a terrible port).

Get the Gentleman of the row fan patch/mod and only enable the fixes if you don't want any of the fan mods.

Grief.exe

These look amazing, really like that the art takes up most of it. It'd be better without the PC / Steam logo though.

those are great, but they'd be better without the PC thingie imo

afaik shadow of chernobyl is the best one but call of pripyat is the easiest to get into

I've only played soc and clear sky and you can't get wrong with soc

fantastic, incredible atmosphere and tons of emergent awesomeness, stalker is what all open world games should aspire to be

That was just a first pass. I've got a few ways I can do it.

I think there should be something PC or Steam related on the spine though.

I'll make sure to post them here whenever I do them.

I also agree with Crayons. SoC is the better overall experience, CoP is more refined.

What game is this please?

Mercenary Kings.

does stalker cop still have the constant loading between sections that the first one did or did they implement better streaming between levels

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Crafted my first badge...was given an emoticon that is going for $2.80 on the market. Thank you, Gaben.

calder

Citadels looks like something I would love... but the impressions from a few pages back didn't sound so hot. Anyone else snag it?

Exactly what I was wondering. It sure *looks* like I'd love it, but the reviews are a bit off-putting.

I'm in that post Steam sale ennui. I open up Steam and look at all the games and I'm like, fuck you guys if you're not basically paying me to pick up games. ;) I'm really tempted by The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief and the Shadowrun Returns, but after spending a significant amount of money on a bunch of summer sale games I feel like I should wait and at least play half of the new haul before paying full price, or near to it, on anything else.

But man I love me my classic adventure games... any impressions on The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief?

Grief.exe

The general impression I got from dawg is it should have probably been a $15 game.

Put it up on Early Access while they polish, add more sounds/music, and more features.

I'll make sure to post them here whenever I do them.

Need to do batman ones next...with steamworks :D

Is it weird that I sold some cards to get a game so that when it gets cards I can sell them?

Not if you get a foil.

Meanwhile a little bit of a heads up for those not following it, there will be a Super House of Dead Ninjas 15 minute speed run in about 2 hours time. Figured steam gaf would want to watch because it is getting a lot of love.

http://marathon.speeddemosarchive.com/schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom