• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atruvius

It is not even worth 1,74€?

I'd say it is, though I haven't played the original. I remember playing IW many many years ago with a friend and having a blast. You can shoot poison darts at kids and then throw the bodies at other people/parents, that's worth 1.74€!

antitrop

Can't see any files from 2012 in the downloads section.

Looks like there's a 2012 update work in progress, but they haven't released it publicly.

They probably abandoned it.

Note: we are in the middle of the new 2012 update, the current and the latest available mod version is STALKER Complete 2009 1.4.4 until further notice.

gotta love ppl..
someone adds me on steam and asks for a trade..
I say ok, offer something in steam games and it's no prob..
2 items, totalling about 9key together.. and he offers me killing floor guest pass..
OR!!! a dlc for just cause 2..
gotta love steam item scammer... -.-

Milamber

Looks like there's a 2012 update work in progress, but they haven't released it publicly.

They probably abandoned it.

There we go. I was looking everywhere for patch notes of 2012 and was unable to find any. Guess I'll still continue using the Complete 2009.

Momentary

Banned
I have finally trained myself to sell every card that drops from a game.... I feel so much more freedom now than trying to buy cards. I think level 20 is good enough to stick to.

Now... I don't know whether or not to go with Mercenary Kings or Teleglitch with my new found fortune.

M.D

Can you add less than $5 to your Steam Wallet? I'm pretty sure I read it was possible, but when I click add funds it only shows $5 or more

hitmon

While I know it's already on GOG for PC & Mac I would really love if they put Theme Hospital on Steam. Such great nostalgia from this game.

PPyhKN7l.jpg

Any fellow GAFfer played this back in the day?

I actually started playing this game not too long ago. I don't know why, but I love it. Who knew running and building a hospital would be fun.

Tenrius

While I know it's already on GOG for PC & Mac I would really love if they put Theme Hospital on Steam. Such great nostalgia from this game.

PPyhKN7l.jpg

Any fellow GAFfer played this back in the day?

Oh yes. Really liked the humor and the visual style. Great gameplay, too.

Deux Ex: Invisible War. Yay or nay?

Has anyone even been able to play the damn thing? I finally got it running but then stopped playing because the load times were about 3 minutes long and way too frequent.

I was pretty angry about it since it took me forever to actually set it up accordingly.

I'm not getting any cards using the Steam Achievement program... should I just have one game open?

Make sure your Steam friends list says you're in-game when you do it. I've had a game open with SAM to get cards and played TF2 simultaneously before. It worked quite well.

KarmaCow

As someone whose only experiences with 4X games are watching someone play Master of Orion before a party a decade ago and a couple videos of Civ games, do I need a primer to play Endless Space or can I just jump in?

Celegus

Help WitcherGAF! The OT is pretty dead, but I grabbed TW2 based on everyone's recommendations in the Steam thread. I don't want to progress any further though because of this problem:

Sorry if this is a repeat question, but it looks like this mod/patch thing wouldn't automatically download via Steam since it's unofficial. For someone jumping into Witcher 2, is it generally a better experience to just apply this right at first? Or just leave it as is?

I did try applying this to my game and I think it kind of busted it. Apparently it's meant for fresh saves from the beginning. I can't seem to level up or get talent points anymore, even with the mod uninstalled. I'm stuck at level 6 even though I have more than enough experience to get to level 7, and all the talent trees are locked.

Did anyone else ever run into this? Or am I going to need to start over? Couldn't really find anything on google.

Giard

Make sure your Steam friends list says you're in-game when you do it. I've had a game open with SAM to get cards and played TF2 simultaneously before. It worked quite well.

It says Indie Game: The Movie. Haven't gotten a card in about an hour, I have opened other games too.

Not sure if The Old Gods is supposed to be 75% off with the rest if the dlc for the daily deal of Crusader Kings 2, but bought it quick just in case.

Edit: Dammit Jase

It says Indie Game: The Movie. Haven't gotten a card in about an hour, I have opened other games too.

Multiple games open will slow the card dropping process down. You can try closing and re-opening the game in SAM. I usually do that if I don't get a drop for over 30 minutes or so.

I can't download any games from steam atm, is there maintenance going on or something? It just is stuck at "Preparing files to instal"... I tried restarting steam 2 times but it's still the same :(

Meier

Ahh good to know others are having issues.. I kept getting some error that says "missing content manifest" when trying to install Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion (despite downloading it). I had Shogun 2 installed and it needed to convert something but failed. Now the 19 GB game is greyed out to boot. WOOF.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Not sure if The Old Gods is supposed to be 75% off with the rest if the dlc for the daily deal of Crusader Kings 2, but bought it quick just in case.

Edit: Dammit Jase

tumblr_inline_mkwsfdndyuwg.gif

So daily deals are always 48 hours long now? Or is it an ungoing bug left from the summer sale?

I initially believed it was a bug as the announcement for the Giana Sisters Daily said it was supposed to end at 10am the day after (i.e. 24 hours later), however the announcements since then have all lacked the footnote so now I'm not sure.

Freezard

So it looks like they finally solved multi-idling, seems like I can only get one card from one game and thats it

Multi-idling was kinda iffy anyway. I never used it cause I wasn't sure it was legal and well, it's not a big deal idling in one game at a time anyway.

The steam store sucks with dealing with multiple DLC, I have to go to each entry and see if I own it or not.

I already bought CK2 and a shit load of DLC from amazon, now I have to see which of the DLC I have and which I don't, what a pain.

KingKong

Multi-idling was kinda iffy anyway. I never used it cause I wasn't sure it was legal and well, it's not a big deal idling in one game at a time anyway.

yeah I only used to do it because I'd idle when I was playing dota so I wouldnt have gotten more than one card anyway, might as well get 1 card from each

The_Monk

Hello fellow GAFfers, just arrived home and saw the Daily deal. For some reason I see this game on sale very often, but that's still too expensive. I see lot's of my GAFfers friends already have it so it might be good.

I'm also happy to see some Theme Hospital love, right, now we need to make some noise to make this happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom