• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I played Star Wolves 3 yesterday and failed the tutorial by killing my instructor.
Then I started the main game, took on the first mission to collect some cargo for some dudes, we were all ambushed and died since I only had a cargo ship. Seemed scripted too.

Game Over. 7/10

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Okay I'm on vacation which means I don't have time to babysit so let me just make it easy on everyone.

The next time need4speed snipes at someone, he's banned

The next time someone snipes at need4speed they're banned

Use your ignore lists if that's going to be an issue. I don't have time to figure out who started it or whatever.

P.S. you do not need one final reply to this conversation to apologize, clarify, get the last word, defend yourself, say "phew it's finally over", thank me, or anything else. The conversation is over.

kevin1025

Banned
I remember playing the first star wolves and it giving me the bsod twice before I could even beat the first mission.

What's the consensus on the Darksiders II Season Pass (especially at that price)? I played through the game on 360 and grabbed it during the summer sale, thinking of picking up the pass.

Trying to play offline co-op in Portal 2 but the game does nothing. It says "offline splitscreen: press x on controller 2" but pressing x on the controller does absolutely nothing. Pressing A only brings up my friends list. What am I missing here?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So I played Star Wolves 3 yesterday and failed the tutorial by killing my instructor.
Then I started the main game, took on the first mission to collect some cargo for some dudes, we were all ambushed and died since I only had a cargo ship. Seemed scripted too.

Game Over. 7/10
Don't know why, but I laughed hard. "All you had to do was avoid firing upon your damn instructor, CJ!"

Trying to play offline co-op in Portal 2 but the game does nothing. It says "offline splitscreen: press x on controller 2" but pressing x on the controller does absolutely nothing. Pressing A only brings up my friends list. What am I missing here?
Right out of the (digital) box it requires 2 controllers to play splitscreen.

This link may help you: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1847904

JJDubz

This is no intentional trolling or a joke. He's serious.

mpmbPeD.jpg

liezryou

Game Over. 7/10

That sounds like what i did in dark souls. I killed that guy at the start by the campfire and then i was so confused D:.

Grief.exe

I beat Serious Sam 2 (nobody replied :( )

I'm excited to finally play Serious Sam 3. Next time the franchise goes on sale I highly recommend you guys to give the series a shot.

So alone :(

I haven't finished SS1 yet, so I would have nothing worthwhile to say.

I will probably form a SS1/SS2 GAF play soon like we did with Castle Crashers over the Steam sale. With a Stream as well so people can watch.

I think you can have 16 player co-op, so the antics could get pretty crazy.

Grief.exe

That sounds like what i did in dark souls. I killed that guy at the start by the campfire and then i was so confused D:.

Well there are only two options.

The guy at the campfire tells you to go up. You can go down, but the enemies are very difficult to kill.

I was on a streak of steam backlog clearing when prison architect stopped me dead in my tracks. 39 hours of it in the last 3 days to be exact, I'd be ashamed but that game is going to be universally loved crack by the time it's done. Need tips to help prevent this so I can reach a consistent pace on my backlog clearing duties though.
Edit: Don't suggest not buying games though, that's not going to work, honestly I've tried!

liezryou

Well there are only two options.

The guy at the campfire tells you to go up. You can go down, but the enemies are very difficult to kill.

Welp i went pretty far down, according to some guide i read there was shit u could get from there you couldn't get again. And then i came back up and then i went down some stairs to fight some super big black guy and then i ragequit there :(.

I was on a streak of steam backlog clearing when prison architect stopped me dead in my tracks. 39 hours of it in the last 3 days to be exact, I'd be ashamed but that game is going to be universally loved crack by the time it's done. Need tips to help prevent this so I can reach a consistent pace on my backlog clearing duties though.

Stop with the "clearing the backlog" obsession. Play what is fun to you right now (or don't!). This is a hobby, not a job.
I would stop buying games if your backlog is getting too large though, ask yourself if you truly need a game before purchasing it. Or if it might be better left for later down the line.
Also, don't listen to this guy
:)

Grief.exe

I was on a streak of steam backlog clearing when prison architect stopped me dead in my tracks. 39 hours of it in the last 3 days to be exact, I'd be ashamed but that game is going to be universally loved crack by the time it's done. Need tips to help prevent this so I can reach a consistent pace on my backlog clearing duties.

My advice is, don't worry about it.

If you are thoroughly enjoying a game, then continue to play that game without guilt.

Don't turn your backlog into a chore, that is when you will start to hate it. I would stop buying games if your backlog is getting too large though, ask yourself if you truly need a game before purchasing it. Or if it might be better left for later down the line.

Welp i went pretty far down, according to some guide i read there was shit u could get from there you couldn't get again. And then i came back up and then i went down some stairs to fight some super big black guy and then i ragequit there :(.

I can't think of much content in Dark Souls that is actually misable.

There are some NPC invades that can be missed if you aren't in human form, and then subsequent invades won't appear.

Thorgal

Guys. i need some help .

what are the best point and click adventure games available on steam ?

I already have the broken sword collection .

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Guys. i need some help .

Wadjet Eye games. (Blackwell saga, Primordia, Gemini Rue, Resonance)

Probably the only P&C games I have enjoyed outside of Lucasarts classics.

Zeknurn

What? Why did you get a card?

I guess it's a leftover since I was 1€ off getting one during the sale.

Im watching the Crusader Kings 2 quicklook and my mind is exploding. What did i just buy.

A time machine. It's even worse than Civilization at propelling you into the future.

Edit: Don't suggest not buying games though, that's not going to work, honestly I've tried!

Just give up on your blacklog and enjoy all those never-ending sandbox and multiplayer games.

DukeBobby

Guys. i need some help .

Blackwell Bundle, Gemini Rue, The Longest Journey, Kentucky Route Zero, Machinarium, and many more that I'm forgetting.

There is no shortage of fantastic point and click adventures on Steam.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Guys. i need some help .

There are a ton of them. I dont know where to start. You could try looking at what TellTale has to offer, along with Daedalic Entertainment, Pendulo Studios, Wadjet Eye Games, and then check out titles like Book of Unwritten Tales etc

But if I don't play them who's going to play the hundreds of games in my library?
Maybe this should act as a revelatory moment moving forward. Get the games you know you're going to play, not just the ones you have a slight inkling about that you might as well add to your digital collection. You only have a finite amount of time and it's pretty easy to accumulate a Steam library that's overwhelming.

Nothing wrong with just wanting to play a single game over all others for a long while, it's fun. That's what these game things are all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom