• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I thought it was BS until I tried it. It's p.good

Maybe I should just buy it. This half working and disintegrating rubber scroll wheel and not working tilt is making my life miserable.

Also, I had to remove all the Black Spots from the blue body. The plastic was coming off and being filthy.

Salsa

Maybe I should just buy it. This half working and disintegrating rubber scroll wheel and not working tilt is making my life miserable.

buy another G5

I went through 3 different MX518s

chicken_regret_nothing.gif

why would you wanna improve on perfect

drizzle

Axel Hertz
why would you wanna improve on perfect

Because I'm going to spend another 50 dollars on a mouse from 2007? I can't believe they didn't come up with something better.

And if I'm going to risk being taxed, might as well buy something new and more expensive...

Nabs

I've tried some mouses and nothing beats the MX518 still. G5 or G500 is the closest you're gonna get, so there.

SteelSeries Sensei is pretty good too.

Pretty much everything else I tried felt wrong.

How many times do we have to tell you about the G400?

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Regarding mouse recommendations... always have to ask first: What's your grip style? Palm, claw, or fingertip?

I use a palm grip on my Deathadder (old version, from 5 years back) and love it... Great shape, perfect sensor with no accel/angle snapping, ace scroll wheel, and the thumb buttons are a nice size. I can't recommend it whole-heartedly though - not everyone has been so lucky with Razer's build quality and you have to do a little digging through legacy drivers to avoid Razer's dumb Synapse software.

I'm using the one that came with the X51. Some mouses can get pretty expensive. Thanks for the link for the mouse thread and all the recommendations.

Danj

Sell as soon as possible and don't undercut as you're just participating in the race to the bottom. If you don't need money in a hurry and the cards are popular, you can typically get away with pricing your offerings slightly above the cheapest available.

By the way, is there any reason that quantities of the summer sale cards are not going down / prices are not going up? Did everyone have the same idea as me, to hoard the cards and sell them for zillions after the sale?

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
By the way, is there any reason that quantities of the summer sale cards are not going down / prices are not going up? Did everyone have the same idea as me, to hoard the cards and sell them for zillions after the sale?

Likely. Most people who really wanted to finish the badge did so right after the sale ended.

I kept one set, sold off my dupes. If the prices go up, I'll sell. If they drop, I'll get a retendous badge. Made $3 of the duplicates though, so I'm happy.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
I'm using the one that came with the X51. Some mouses can get pretty expensive. Thanks for the link for the mouse thread and all the recommendations.
Good luck in your (re)search!

I rather enjoyed seeing all these mouse related posts... now I kinda want to see Steam GAF's response regarding keyboard recommendations. Heh.

Khronico

Just want to pop in before I hit the sack and say Stalker is still the best shooter series I have ever played in my life, and I played 2 hours of SoC today. That is all. Have a great night, fellow GAFfers!

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I was looking up how to integrate Dolphin with my Steam library and found some great advice on a forum dedicated to it. Written by Catabarez. GAF is everywhere, man.

Deques

I was looking up how to integrate Dolphin with my Steam library and found some great advice on a forum dedicated to it. Written by Catabarez. GAF is everywhere, man.

I want a link to the advice too. It's time to fill the empty Nintendo generation I have

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Link to the advice.

I think I see Rain all the time on CAG.

Right here. How to launch individual games using BPM.

This isn't really Steam related, but Dolphin is blowing my mind right now. I only have 2 Wii games at my apartment, but I think it's finally safe to completely retire the system. My fighting game buddies love Brawl, so I can't wait to have them over and play it in 1080p with 9x SSAA.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
Well I'm GAF exclusive. Hell, considering all the shit that's been posted on GAF lately, I'm pretty much GAF Steam thread exclusive.

I don't know if this is the thread to do self promotion in? Anyways I'd like to offer some constructive criticism on your website. I find the vertical navigation links to be really odd, users have to tilt their heads 90 degrees to read them, which means they end up looking like some sort of confused dog while trying to navigate it. I also really dislike the fact that the scrollbar is inside of the content, it means you have to mouse over the content to scroll down which is no fun if everything else is whitespace anyway. I like the sliding animations though.

I hope you don't take this too harshly, just tried to give an honest opinion because I always appreciate them.

Salsa

I don't know if this is the thread to do self promotion in? Anyways I'd like to offer some constructive criticism on your website. I find the vertical navigation links to be really odd, users have to tilt their heads 90 degrees to read them, which means they end up looking like some sort of confused dog while trying to navigate it. I also really dislike the fact that the scrollbar is inside of the content, it means you have to mouse over the content to scroll down which is no fun if everything else is whitespace anyway. I like the sliding animations though.

I hope you don't take this too harshly, just tried to give an honest opinion because I always appreciate them.

with all due respect have you ever made a logo AS SWEET AS THIS

cd550.png

I have nothing to do with that site or whoever runs it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom