• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawg

Is the Heat soundtrack still in? I remember the first game played that iconic Heat soundtrack you hear in the movie during the heist.

So good.

What with my XCOM save if I play offline? WIll it store on my computer and how do I transfer the computer save to the cloud when Im going online?

Your XCom saves the same way it does offline. Except the next time you connect online, Steam will ask you if you would like to sync either your local or cloud files.

Salsa

the best thing about the soundtrack is how dynamic it is, as with L4D

it makes it hard to play, when the game demands the most of you (ie a full-on police assault) the best music just STARTS and you start bobbing your head and being careless

im trying to find a music sample of the moment in the four store theft when the police storms in, it's amaaaazing

Wok

The real Dark Souls starts there.
GFWL is so hardcore.

I have killed the first boss and stopped after arriving in Lordran.

So far, GFWL has been the hardest part of the game: it has taken me more time to beat GFWL (create an account, login, update Live, etc.) than to beat the first boss.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
jase, please, answer the important questions, would you?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=73244161&postcount=5867

Fumbled adaptation, decent film overall, excellent performance.

Let's rank her performances. I say:

The Lovely Bones > Atonement > Hanna > The Way Back > Death Defying Acts > The Host > City of Ember > I Could Never Be Your Woman > The Christmas Miracle of Johnathan Toomey

I've excluded Arrietty since that's her one and only voice role (aside from the upcoming Justin and the Knights of Valour), while Violet & Daisy and Byzantium are absent because the former only screened in the US, meaning I have to wait for the BD (the release of which was recently pushed back again, to November), and the latter doesn't hit theatres here for another month (which I'm okay with as I'd expected a June/July release).

Rialto has since put a pin Byzantium's theatrical release here, so I have to import.

Finally got around to playing and finishing Mark of the Ninja this month. Thank you very much to the person who gifted it to me nearly a year ago! I feel really bad that I've forgotten who it was, and that it took nearly a year to actually play the game.

I highly recommend playing Mark of the Ninja, even more so there's a Special Edition due out soon (which I believe is DLC).

I will find out who gifted me this game, and reward them.

JaseC

Finally got around to playing and finishing Mark of the Ninja this month. Thank you very much to the person who gifted it to me nearly a year ago! I feel really bad that I've forgotten who it was, and that it took nearly a year to actually play the game.

I highly recommend playing Mark of the Ninja, even more so there's a Special Edition due out soon (which I believe is DLC).

I will find out who gifted me this game, and reward them.

Gift the person Icognita, Klei's next game.

Grief.exe

This is what I have for Witcher 2, not really sure if I like it.

The front is perfect, but I'm not sure if the spine and back work.

izt5OIkT11cmJ.png

iJltjF5jpqtVe.png

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
The only problem I've ever had with GFWL was when it wasn't initializing in Fallout 3 and my saves were gone (cause they were tied to my account). It took about 15 seconds to fix.

I don't understand how big the GFWL hate is though, really. I did mod it out of Fallout, mostly so I can be on XBL at the same time.

JaseC

The only problem I've ever had with GFWL was when it wasn't initializing in Fallout 3 and my saves were gone (cause they were tied to my account). It took about 15 seconds to fix.

I don't understand how big the GFWL hate is though, really. I did mod it out of Fallout, mostly so I can be on XBL at the same time.

It's "big" because the issues it can cause are not uncommon (valid CD key rejection, saves being corrupted or deleted, etc.) and Microsoft has done literally nothing to improve it, despite promises to the contrary.

I myself have had no issues with GFWL thus far but I've read more than enough horror stories to know that it's as far from perfect as can be.

Salsa

man, I totally missed the announcement of Rayman Legends coming to Steam August 30th, same date as consoles

so happy

JaseC

man, I totally missed the announcement of Rayman Legends coming to Steam August 30th, same date as consoles

so happy

Until Ubi delays it at the last minute. :p

But, seriously, Ubi. Rayman Forever as a Steam pre-purchase incentive. C'mon.

Salsa

Until Ubi delays it at the last minute. :p

it's just weird going from "oh man this is WiiU exclusive?" to "oh looks like it might come to consoles later, maybe PC someday?" to "oh, no longer exclusive and now coming to the other consoles earlier and for cheaper?" to "PC SAME DATE"

pretty sweet

and the pre-order incentive is Rayman Origins for free saorisesrsrse

JaseC

it's just weird going from "oh man this is WiiU exclusive?" to "oh looks like it might come to consoles later, maybe PC someday?" to "oh, no longer exclusive and now coming to the other consoles earlier and for cheaper?" to "PC SAME DATE"

pretty sweet

A Steam version of Rayman Forever would also be nice.

I'm not going to shut up about it until it happens. :p

and the pre-order incentive is Rayman Origins for free saorisesrsrse

I know, but one can dream. :(

Addnan

Do we know about the Rayman DRM on steam yet?

If it doesn't use uplay I'll buy it day 1. If it does think I will wait for a sale.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
This is what I have for Witcher 2, not really sure if I like it.

The front is perfect, but I'm not sure if the spine and back work.

It should be a single image that wraps around the entire cover.

Maybe a landscape with just the witcher symbol/title?

I'm late to this mouse discussion (I was, perplexingly, playing games), but I'm still rocking one of these - it has served me well.

I think it's on its last legs, though, and I'm thinking of replacing it with a Steelseries Sensei - anyone here have any experience with these?

I have one after a long string of logitechs and the mouse is fantastic. Feels really good in my hand and is feels pretty quick on default settings. The software it comes with to customize everything is good too if you understand what it all means. However every one I have seen ends up with the same issue.

url

A friend's started to peel after a few weeks. Mine took 6months or so and appears to have stopped but it still, it peeled. I can't comment on the other designs of sensei's though, might be better trying to get one other then the default silver design.

Grief.exe

It should be a single image that wraps around the entire cover.

Maybe a landscape with just the witcher symbol/title?

I could do that, found some good ones that would be perfect. Like the Dragon one flying over Loc Muine in the first attempt.

That front cover is just too perfect though.

I dislike these two collisions.

My thoughts exactly, I can't figure out how to get the front, spine, and back to match that first one.

That is why I think I like the second one better, easy to match up.

EDIT: Oh, I thought you were referring to the transition between the front, spine, and back.

Wok

The front is perfect

I dislike these two collisions. Apart from this, the front cover is very good.

My thoughts exactly, I can't figure out how to get the front, spine, and back to match that first one.

That is why I think I like the second one better, easy to match up.

EDIT: Oh, I thought you were referring to the transition between the front, spine, and back.

Sorry, you were too quick to answer! :)

I would prefer the chin to not collide with the catapult somehow.

Grief.exe

I would prefer the chin to not collide with the catapult somehow.

I really can't do anything about that, I did not create that image, merely found it online.

Working on Planescape Torment next.

If you guys have some ultra high resolution pictures, let me know. Greater than 2160p is ideal.

JustinBB7

It's "big" because the issues it can cause are not uncommon (valid CD key rejection, saves being corrupted or deleted, etc.) and Microsoft has done literally nothing to improve it, despite promises to the contrary.

I myself have had no issues with GFWL thus far but I've read more than enough horror stories to know that it's as far from perfect as can be.

I only had minor issues with GFWL before, restarting a game 20 times for all the updates to be applied/work was the major one. Until Arkham City, where I lost 30 hours of playtime because it just randomly deleted my save files.

I recovered them after a lot of trouble, but I was missing 30 fucking hours.

Also the UI is shit and annoying. Can't wait for it to die. First thing I did in Fallout 3 was strip it out.

JaseC

Is it a thing now to stop numbering games of a serie?

Tomb Raider I, II, III, IV, V, VI, etc. ---> Tomb Raider

Thief I, II, III -> Thief

Sim City, etc.

Half-Life -> Half-Life 2 -> HL2: Episode One -> HL2: Episode Two -> What's Half-Life?

Salsa

old, and there's a 20 page thread already

not being mean, I just dont think I can get in the mood to defend Phil Fish in this thread too

I'll sum it up:

SalsaShark said:
dude's just a guy, people think he needs to act a certain way because he's known and he just kept acting as random internet guy. In my experience it was more refreshing and real than reading a bunch of bullshit responses about everything that are produced to keep everyone happy, because if he said something I dont agree with? I carry on with my life and dont give a shit. He's just a fucking dude, that is not me, why should I be enraged by the stuff he says? I get a lot more disturbed by how fake everyone else is

Copons

old, and there's a 20 page thread already

not being mean, I just dont think I can get in the mood to defend Phil Fish in this thread too

Yeah, I guessed it was old, but it's sunday morning here and I don't have enough strengh to convert timezones and whatever. :D

Also, as someone said before, after this last Summer Sale, for me NeoGAF is now Steam thread.

Yeah, I guessed it was old, but it's sunday morning here and I don't have enough strengh to convert timezones and whatever. :D

Also, as someone said before, after this last Summer Sale, for me NeoGAF is now Steam thread.
There should be a subforum: Gaming, Community, Steam ^_^

JaseC

What I dislike most about the current badge page is how the game you're currently idling in is thrown into a random position amongst the games in which you've used up all available drops.

It makes no sense whatsoever.

catabarez

What I dislike most about the current badge page is how the game you're currently idling in is thrown into a random position amongst the games in which you've used up all available drops.

They want us to scroll through the shameful idling list.

Copons

Well, the badge page is the worst thing ever created by Valve since Ricochet.
Or, at least, is decent if you have at most 5 games with card, but if you have more of them it becomes crap.

The_Monk

Is there a list of the upcoming games with cards fellow GAFfers? I know I have seen that before. Thanks in advance.

Frozen Synapse may be getting some, same with Sequence I believe.

wilflare

I'm using my PS3 PULSE Headset whenever I need the mic...

Bought a G400 on sale... Still haven't got to use it (my MX518 is still working -for years now-)

At 769 games now, gotta stahp at 777 (lucky 7!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom