• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using my PS3 PULSE Headset whenever I need the mic...

Bought a G400 on sale... Still haven't got to use it (my MX518 is still working -for years now-)

At 769 games now, gotta stahp at 777 (lucky 7!)

I use a G400, works great for me!

Buy 8 copies of Bad Rats and call it a day.

wilflare

I use a G400, works great for me!

Buy 8 copies of Bad Rats and call it a day.

But I would rather G400 use the PS/2 port than the USB port...

I already have Bad Rats aha I went from 5xx to 769 after redeeming all my indie bundles (Humble, Royale, Groupees, Gala) haha aye...

Gaming God badge is rather impossible (lol)

oipic

Is there a list of the upcoming games with cards fellow GAFfers? I know I have seen that before. Thanks in advance.

Frozen Synapse may be getting some, same with Sequence I believe.

The like-minded folks over at Reddit maintain this list of pending titles, dear Monk. but it's a little out of date at the moment (Nuclear Dawn, for example, had them enabled recently, but is still listed).

MNC

I use a trackball guys.

Hi to the motherfucking five.

idhp-logitech-trackman-wheel.jpg

In every mouse thread I must present to the world I use a trackball mouse.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Its my birthday! To celebrate that, or use it as an excuse to give something back to the awesome people in this thread, here's a giveaway!
Modbot's not working, but that's okay. This give-away is going to be a bit different.
I'm giving away:

86aba2a4_Torchlight2banner.jpeg

If you would like to win, draw/create something that has to do with Monkey Island, Psychonauts or Sam & Max. The winner will be made public in five hours from now. (maybe a bit later)
I'm loving the game. Hopefully *winning member* will enjoy it as well! :)
Good luck!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Its my birthday! To celebrate that, or use it as an excuse to give something back to the awesome people in this thread, here's a giveaway!
Modbot's not working, but that's okay. This give-away is going to be a bit different.
I'm giving away:

If you would like to win, draw/create something that has to do with Monkey Island, Psychonauts or Sam & Max. The winner will be made public in five hours from now. (maybe a bit later)
Good luck!

Happy birthday!

OCnMXuK.jpg

I'm giving away:

Good luck!

Happy birthday. And i really hope you have that game already installed. Its awesome.

liezryou

I'm giving away:

Good luck!
Happy birthday bro!

JaseC

Do you have a matching Saoirse pic for every occasion?

Curious what would you use for circumcision. :)

When I die and scientists begin to dissect my brain, they'll see that one side is labelled "Valve Stuff" and the other "Saoirse Stuff". :p

oipic

Its my birthday!

Happy Birthday, Maxwood - hope you have (or have had?) a great day.

Very nice giveaway, too - will hopefully make your special day a big one for another GAFfer, too. Torchlight II is one of those games I keep coming back to (probably helps that it runs nicely on my old laptop while I'm offline).

The_Monk

Happy birthday fellow GAFfer Maxwood, have a great day!

Also, thanks for making this little contest, hope it goes to a good home, the game is great indeed!

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I was looking at the prices of :Lee:
5fUkJsb2NmXS7a8EoTID_l257peChjglBiN8HkXUS1ks_hPdn-pwd3I0s_qHUk10UKz3hNfEej0NLmEGRNdKXiH6AJ2B4mN1c2n__J4YU3Ma_6rQjpgnZ1R0d0pTnlwLL_dTg927OiEmLuT2jxkKZlf9_NeNzXZ5UXQnSVyWWw1j4w3V

jbhQRYP.png

How does this even happen, lol. I haven't been using the market outside of cards but I never saw a late life spike of that magnitude before.

JaseC

I was looking at the prices of :Lee:
5fUkJsb2NmXS7a8EoTID_l257peChjglBiN8HkXUS1ks_hPdn-pwd3I0s_qHUk10UKz3hNfEej0NLmEGRNdKXiH6AJ2B4mN1c2n__J4YU3Ma_6rQjpgnZ1R0d0pTnlwLL_dTg927OiEmLuT2jxkKZlf9_NeNzXZ5UXQnSVyWWw1j4w3V

jbhQRYP.png

How does this even happen, lol. I haven't been using the market outside of cards but I never saw a late life spike of that magnitude before.

Someone transferring funds between alt/owed accounts.

Dawg

Only thing I don't get is why they sold 2 of them (2 vendidos) since you have to pay to valve/dev for every seperate sale :p

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Thanks guys! :)
Happy birthday. And i really hope you have that game already installed. Its awesome.
Ofcourse! I've played a lot of it, it's really great. I have a love/hate relationship with the genre, but this one's all love :)

Wok

Anything I have to be careful of when running Steam Achievement Manager, except not being in VAC games? Just start it up and idle?

Is it really the way SAM allows you to idle for cards?

Apparently you can get cards by running the SAM and just opening the game achievements

btw just confirmed this, opened the achievement windows for TF2 and GO and got a bunch of cards.

This way you can just open all the games you need and get the cards at once without running the actual games

Edit: It seems so! No need to download GB of data to idle at the main screen in a game if you don't plan to play it!

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Some areas of Just Cause 2 look beautiful, I'm happy I can play it with everything maxed. Sometimes I just stop to appreciate the scenery before I wreck chaos. There was one time it wasn't even me, I was just chilling at this resort-like village before I heard random civilians being shot. :(

Wok

What's the use of getting them out of the inventory?

Some people want a clean inventory, just the same way you are upset that cards are mispriced. Let it be.

If we could put games which were already activated on the market. I would put Hammerfight for $200 to remove if from my library, you would keep it in your library. Either way, the game would not be sold, it would just be kept somewhere else in my case.

JaseC

Some areas of Just Cause 2 look beautiful, I'm happy I can play it with everything maxed. Sometimes I just stop to appreciate the scenery before I wreck chaos. There was one time it wasn't even me, I was just chilling at this resort-like village before I heard random civilians being shot. :(

Have you installed many mods? I wanted to preserve the intended experience as much as possible while removing/replacing less-than-ideal elements, so I opted for:

- Less psychic police
- Unlimited Ammo (ammunition.bin so reloading is still necessary -- this may seem rather cheap but having to restock after each and every mission/town/stronghold/etc. gets old fast)
- Triggered Bombs Collection (small mushroom cloud in particular)
- No Blackmarket Cutscenes
- Increased Grapple Range & Speed (I tried longer/unlimited variants but the tether had a tendency to break quite easily)
- HD Improved Clouds

And Krappadizzle keeps telling me to install the Superman mod.

You'll want to make an account at the site as guests are limited to one download (per day?).

Goodbye, Miami...

And hello, upstate NY and my 17+ Summer Sale game backlog!

Yup, I'm home (finally). Started playing Prison Architect and it is so good. Alpha bugs aside, the game is incredibly polished and incredibly deep. Well worth the $19.99 IMO. (Not sure about $29.99).

Tenrius

Goodbye, Miami...

And hello, upstate NY and my 17+ Summer Sale game backlog!

Yup, I'm home (finally). Started playing Prison Architect and it is so good. Alpha bugs aside, the game is incredibly polished and incredibly deep. Well worth the $19.99 IMO. (Not sure about $29.99).

Miami looks a tad bleak on this picture, doesn't it. You might also want to quote the picture, so it wouldn't take up so much space.

Unlocking achievements. ;)
I just want to delete the few TF2 achievements (like 3/500+, ouch) I have so it isn't dragging my completion percentage down.

Although TF2 doesn't even show in my Achievement Showcase drop-down, so maybe it isn't counting it?

Yes, as it integrates with Steam and the client considers you "in-game" even though, strictly speaking, you're not.
Okay, thanks.

JaseC

I just want to delete the few TF2 achievements (like 3/500+, ouch) I have so it isn't dragging my completion percentage down.

Although TF2 doesn't even show in my Achievement Showcase drop-down, so maybe it isn't counting it?

Ah, you mean rescinding achievements already earned? It can be used for that, I believe, but keep in mind Valve may not take kindly to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom