• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Have you installed many mods? I wanted to preserve the intended experience as much as possible while removing/replacing less-than-ideal elements, so I opted for:

- Less psychic police
- Unlimited Ammo (ammunition.bin so reloading is still necessary -- this may seem rather cheap but having to restock after each and every mission/town/stronghold/etc. gets old fast)
- Triggered Bombs Collection (small mushroom cloud in particular)
- No Blackmarket Cutscenes
- Increased Grapple Range & Speed (I tried longer/unlimited variants but the tether had a tendency to break quite easily)
- HD Improved Clouds

And Krappadizzle keeps telling me to install the Superman mod.

You'll want to make an account at the site as guests are limited to one download (per day?).
Nice, thanks! I was contemplating messing with mods while I was playing yesterday, so I'll definitely look into it later.

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEiLgWSH-8U :lol

Dawg

I envy people living in NY etc, that stuff looks so awesome.

Do you know where I live? I live in Bruges.

Have you seen the movie In Bruges? Then you'll understand me.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...

You really don't wanna know where I live.

coopolon

Is there a way to turn off the inventory? Or least make it so it doesn't show up glowing green whenever I get a new card? Or I guess turn off cards?

Edit: also, how do I turn off achievement notifications? I only see how to turn off social notifications, but achievements keep popping up.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass

I've seen waaay too much Law & Order SVU to envy anyone living in New York.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.

Ik ben er zelf nog nooit geweest, maar wat ik van Brugge heb gezien is zo slecht nog niet.
bruggestad1.jpg

80458-050-83BF5A4E.jpg

brugge_sightseeing.jpg
Ik vind het mooi hoor! Zou er graag eens de tourist willen uithangen.

My apologies to the english crowd.

Dawg

Ik ben er zelf nog nooit geweest, maar wat ik van Brugge heb gezien is zo slecht nog niet.

Ik vind het mooi hoor! Zou er graag eens de tourist willen uithangen.

My apologies to the english crowd.

I guess it isn't that bad if you've never been there, but it's a little... boring. Maybe that's just me though :p

Maar kom gerust eens langs op visite! Gelukkige verjaardag trouwens ;)

Nokterian

Have you installed many mods? I wanted to preserve the intended experience as much as possible while removing/replacing less-than-ideal elements, so I opted for:

- Less psychic police
- Unlimited Ammo (ammunition.bin so reloading is still necessary -- this may seem rather cheap but having to restock after each and every mission/town/stronghold/etc. gets old fast)
- Triggered Bombs Collection (small mushroom cloud in particular)
- No Blackmarket Cutscenes
- Increased Grapple Range & Speed (I tried longer/unlimited variants but the tether had a tendency to break quite easily)
- HD Improved Clouds

And Krappadizzle keeps telling me to install the Superman mod.

You'll want to make an account at the site as guests are limited to one download (per day?).

Do not forget the bolopatch! A mandatory.

Cheddahz

Banned
Its my birthday! To celebrate that, or use it as an excuse to give something back to the awesome people in this thread, here's a giveaway!
Modbot's not working, but that's okay. This give-away is going to be a bit different.
I'm giving away:

86aba2a4_Torchlight2banner.jpeg

If you would like to win, draw/create something that has to do with Monkey Island, Psychonauts or Sam & Max. The winner will be made public in five hours from now. (maybe a bit later)
I'm loving the game. Hopefully *winning member* will enjoy it as well! :)
Good luck!
I'm going to write some pretty bad fan-fiction that involves all three of those games for you, so here it goes

Raz finds himself in the Mental World one day, but he notices something that is quite off, he isn't controlling himself, he is controlling a tall fellow with blonde hair that has a squeaky voice. Raz notices that he is sitting down at a bar and that the only other people in the room are....animals? That's right, animals. There was a dog sitting next to him that had a suit on and a rabbit that was devouring into some cotton candy. Raz decides he should try to say something, but before he is able to make out a word, the dog starts talking! "Guybrush, thanks for meeting us here today, so when you called, you said that you encountered a three-headed monkey down the road? We need to know all of the details of this three-headed monkey you saw on the way here". Before Raz was able to say something, he opened up his mouth and Guybrush said "Yeah, the three-headed monkey was behind some vegetarians and I tried to warn them about the monkey, but they didn't believe me, even though I kept on telling them that the monkey was right behind them, so I ran away as fast as I could and I ended up here at this bar and I decided to give you guys a call". As the dog was writing down the notes about the three-headed monkey, the rabbit opened its mouth and said "Sam, can't we just tie up the three-headed monkey and have a barbecue tonight?", Sam then replied "No Max, we have to enforce the law, that is why we are detectives, right?". Raz still didn't know what was going on and before he knew it....he had woken up from the Mental World and was back at the camp.

MikeDown

Banned
you should get into not stretching the shit out of every image

D:
Yeah I think the one for Bioshock: Infinite, Portal and the 2nd Dues Ex: HR one looks tad stretched. And the HL3 art that I'm using for Deathmatch and LostCoast look somewhat compressed, but the rest don't look that bad do they?!?!?!? D:

Just started playing Thirty Flight of Loving. WTF is this?
It is probably one of the greatest games ever made. IMHO, the way i comments on the human condition, and the narrative of modern cinema is very interesting. Worth several playthoughs in order to pick up on everything. Also I recommend checking out Flotilla.

Updated the KOTOR II Cover with a logo on the spine
I'm actually making DVD cases so I can have a physical collection of my favorite PC games to go with my classic games collection.

I put this together for you, probably what you are looking for.

cXpYFNW.png

I love you!

Did you take all those photo's Salsa? Those are beautiful!

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I'm going to write some pretty bad fan-fiction that involves all three of those games for you, so here it goes
Lol, I like it! Sam's a bit off, but Max is spot on. :p

NY is not awesome.
Well I lived in the Bronx for 15 years, now I live in Westchester. Sure I miss the hustle and bustle and having sidewalks and public transportation, but the quiet and greenery and proximity to hiking trails, etc. is more my style

And after a week in Miami (South Beach, hell yeah)...everywhere else just seems a bit less exciting.

lmpaler

That you live in probably one of the most beautiful towns I have ever seen? Love that movie and I would love to see your town first hand.

You really don't wanna know where I live.

Florida? I'd be ashamed too lol.

Finished my first La-Mulana playthrough last night. Just over 15 hours.
What a fantastic game.

Now I need something else to fill my "metroidvania" void.

Maxwood

Guacamelee! should come to steam soon. Get that!
I really liked what i've played from Cave Story+, but it's camera makes me sick :(

Fireblend

Banned
Nope, forgot to pick it up during the Summer sale. Sadface.

Admittedly I haven't played The Mulana yet, but Dust is incredible and you should absolutely play it.

Also, Cave Story, but I get the feeling everyone and their mother have played it. Such a great game.

Anyway I was looking at the Rogue Legacy Quick Look and damn, it looks like a ton of fun. Must... resist...

Hesemonni

Banned
So, Stalker series. Should I just buy Call of Pripyat or is there any reason to buy Shadow of Chernobyl AND Clear Sky too?

E: Ended up with only Shadow of Chernobyl.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Senator Soufflé;73374856 said:
Assuming I'm not the only one getting the new Worms will there be a Neogaf clan?

That's a bold assumption. :p Re-release Worms 2 already, T17.

Grief.exe

Goodbye, Miami...

And hello, upstate NY and my 17+ Summer Sale game backlog!

Yup, I'm home (finally). Started playing Prison Architect and it is so good. Alpha bugs aside, the game is incredibly polished and incredibly deep. Well worth the $19.99 IMO. (Not sure about $29.99).

Welcome back!

I've been hearing nothing but good things about Prison Architect.

The only bad thing I've heard is how addictive it is. Wishlisted.

Grief.exe

So, Stalker series. Should I just buy Call of Pripyat or is there any reason to buy Shadow of Chernobyl AND Clear Sky too?

E: Ended up with only Shadow of Chernobyl.

SoC is the beat overall game in the series, CoP is the most refined and polished.
Clear Sky is decent, but is not a must play.

If anything, you should only buy SoC and see if you like it. Install the complete mod and remember its a slow burn. It didn't click for me until several hours in.

FloatOn

I can't get myself to launch and play retro city rampage. I guess I'll go replay Hotline Miami again.

I was messing around in it yesterday. It's not as bad as I was led to believe.

It just drops references constantly and I can kind of see that getting annoying after awhile.

Welcome back!

I've been hearing nothing but good things about Prison Architect.

The only bad thing I've heard is how addictive it is. Wishlisted.
It is very addictive. I've never played a management game before, so there's an extra learning curve for me, but it is still very engaging and seems much more intimate than a SimCity or Tycoon game

The level of depth is quite astounding; just the fact that every prisoner has a name, background, and "personality", or that construction isn't timers or a menu like I expected but workers actually transporting materials from storage and building, or just the layers of complexity from quelling riots to visitations to setting guard patrols

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom