• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momentary

Banned
I only stick with Desura and Steam. I just refuse to use Origin. I have missed out on Sim City, DS3, ME3, BF3, Crysis 3, and I'm going to miss out on Titanfall. It sucks, but I refuse to support Origin.

Tenrius

I only stick with Desura and Steam. I just refuse to use Origin. I have missed out on Sim City, DS3, ME3, BF3, Crysis 3, and I'm going to miss out on Titanfall. It sucks, but I refuse to support Origin.

Me too, but I haven't been particularly interested in any of those games in the first place, so it's easier for me. Titanfall, on the other hand, might get me to finally use Origin.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...

I was going to buy Crysis 3 until a realized that without a DX11 video card you can't play it.

I just finished Anodyne and I gotta admit this is the weirdest game I ever played, I didn't understand a thing about the game.
The weirdest and most off-putting parts were probably the 8-bit maze and the black&white surburbs area, they really take the cake. First time in my life I got disturbed by a video game.

Anybody care to explain what the hell did I just play ? D:
I mean the game was a kinda good Zelda-like, I enjoyed the game but I just can't make sense of anything that was in it.

Grief.exe

RE6 got the 3 tiers, RER got only 2 tiers.

So my memory did serve correctly.

Doesn't really seem like you are missing out on much to be perfectly honest.

There is a good chance that Titanfall will come to Steam actually.
Its is being published under EA Partners and that allows them to self-publish away from Origin.

My hype from Titanfall has been slowly dying. I've been posting on their forums, and their devs imply that ADS to shoot is a requirement for accuracy.
Seems to go directly against their movement-focused design philosophy.

The_Monk

I've seen nothing of this game other than screenshots, but it looks great. Unfortunately, £16.99 is just a little out of my price range. If it's 50% off in a future sale, I'll definitely pick it up, along with Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief.

Raven is on my Top 5 (of my small 10 Wishlist game list) that I have to keep an eye. It seems interesting and the is in three episodes I believe? I haven't seen gameplay of the game, only screenshots and I think I prefer it that way to be honest.

Salsa

reiterating just in case since people are talking about the new XCOM: it's $35 here instead of $45, send me a pm if you want me to buy it for ya

DirtRiver

Your loss because Origin is actually a good client. Now, if that hate was directed at Uplay then I would support you entirely (you would have my axe), but Origin has never given me any problem.

Tenrius

reiterating just in case since people are talking about the new XCOM: it's $35 here instead of $45, send me a pm if you want me to buy it for ya

Are 2K games usually region-locked in your country? XCOM: EU for instance is region-locked in Russia, not giftable even, which is major nuisance. However, there is no region lock warning on The Bureau page, I wonder if they pull a 180 on that when the game actually comes out. On the other hand, some of their games like Civ 5 and Mafia II are not locked at all.

Salsa

Are 2K games usually region-locked in your country? XCOM: EU for instance is region-locked in Russia, not giftable even, which is major nuisance. However, there is no region lock warning on The Bureau page, I wonder if they pull a 180 on that when the game actually comes out. On the other hand, some of their games like Civ 5 and Mafia II are not locked at all.

nah, 2K stuff is cheaper in south america but it's the same version, bought quite a few Bioshock Infinites for people here before release

NaM

2K games are cheaper in Latam and they are not region locked, the same with rockstar games.

liezryou

The bureau is region locked in RU/CIS btw.

EDIT: Also dunder has it for 30$, probably sourced from brazil or another cheap SA country. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AutrGfQ8GhMhdGNOZjdiTHlMdUpvbDRvWnJKUklHLWc#gid=0

Your loss because Origin is actually a good client. Now, if that hate was directed at Uplay then I would support you entirely (you would have my axe), but Origin has never given me any problem.

I caved and bought BF3! Although I would prefer to have it on steam, when there is not option, you have to make decisions!

And... done! Just finished another tale, another (summer) adventure fellow GAFfers:

The Night of the Rabbit

YhCqhVQ.png

The Art Style is simply amazing, I really liked it, the Story was interesting and fun, got stuck a couple of times and there was just one section I didn't like much, the rest was okay. Voice acting is also very decent. For people who care about Achievements, two of them did not unlocked despite I've done them, so it's just might be a minor problem.

How did you make the text look thick like that?

Thorgal

I have Origin, Steam and UPlay installed. No problem using all of them, but I buy as many things I can from Steam and GOG.

I have to agree with you on this .

Yes i understand that Origin is a totally pointless client and people would prefer EA to release there games to steam . i understand that and i myself would love nothing more then that to happen .

But on the other side i don't see it as a total abomination that should be nuked from orbit .

Mugatu

How does The Bureau: XCom Declassified look to everyone?

bureau-xcom-declassified-art.jpg

And do we know how long it's going to be?

Initially I was quite skeptical but when they release Enemy Unknown and showed that they cared about the original and since refocused The Bureau I am quite looking forward to it.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I think The Bureau looks pretty great. I was very skeptical, but the GB quick look sold me. Seems like it's way more strategy-focused than I initially expected. I'll still be waiting on some feedback here and maybe some reviews, but it's definitely on my radar.

Momentary

Banned
I don't think it's (Origin) an abomination and so far, from all the negative press and sub par reviews I've heard from their games... the only thing I'd really be missing out on is Titanfall.

I don't want my games spread out on multiple gaming platforms so that's why I stick with what I personally think are the best 2 for me: Desura and Steam.

Volotaire

Missed this post on the last page, but thanks! Hacking minigames and third person cover, eh? Not sure how I feel about those, but obviously I haven't played the game.
Hacking mini games, trust me, are additive to the experience.

You could theoretically through the game without third person cover, first person operates exactly as it should with all you weaponry. However it may make stealth and fight encounters very difficult. At the very least I think you could use third person sparingly around corners.

Honestly I wish there wasn't third person within the game, I'm not exactly a vocal proponent for that style of game, but it works in most cases. I guess the hybrid makes it more palatable.

Grief.exe

I have never seen a game with this on Steam. Is this normal fellow GAFfers?

5wxC90m.png

What game is it? Usually that is associated with GFWL games since those aren't available in most regions.

You can always Paypal me the money and I can gift it to you.

Where are you from Monk?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I got ModBot fixed (yay!) -- if you spammed it while it was broken, it will spam you back over the next few minutes. If you submitted a giveaway multiple times, please use the most recent reply that you got. mannerbot, if you specifically get spammed, sorry about that.

Also thanks to some user reports I identified the bug with the nolurkers provision not working properly. Basically, what would happen is that if 10 people entered in the same heartbeat (or if it was a raffle, for example), it'd pick the winner--successfully use the nolurker rule if the winner was a lurker... and then when it fell back to the next choice, it wouldn't apply the nolurker rule properly. No other rules were affected. The bug should be fixed now, so if you want to stamp out lurkers you can.

I gotta run again.

The_Monk

Grief: It's from Anno 1404 and Anno 1404 Venice.

I was just browsing some Strategy titles and noticed on these two. It's a Ubisoft title by the way fellow GAFfer.

How did you make the text look thick like that?

Just saw this now, sorry. It's Steam on Mac fellow GAFfer since The Night of the Rabbit it's a SteamPlay title.

It's from Anno 1404 and Anno 1404 Venice.

I was just browsing some Strategy titles and noticed on these two. It's a Ubisoft title by the way fellow GAFfer.

Here's what Steam forums have to say about it:

But to summarize, I don't think anyone is 100% certain why the game was removed. To the best of my knowledge it was because the Steam version of the game stopped being supported so non-Steam versions were a patch ahead. I believe this is a breach of contract for selling your game on Steam.

Tenrius

Grief: It's from Anno 1404 and Anno 1404 Venice.

Just saw this now, sorry. It's Steam on Mac fellow GAFfer since The Night of the Rabbit it's a SteamPlay title.

Here's what Steam forums have to say about it:

As far as I know Anno 1404 is also the only game to have such a store page. I've been just reading this list, coincidentally, and it's mentioned there.

FYC

Banned
I think I'm gonna buy MK to help support more PC fighters :v Or at least in hopes of making sure we get that Injustice GOTY port

DukeBobby

ModBot 3 said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a date. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 30 years after the draw was created. Any dates not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the date is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

A date with Saoirse Ronan -- MB-CC2FE5CEBFF2D422 - Taken by Godofnerdiness

ModBot lives!

The_Monk

Thank you for your answers fellow GAFfers.

This is what I get for browsing Steam after finishing one game. Start to look on stuff to get in the future only to know I can't buy it, what are the odd of getting interest in a titles I can't get it? Really... lol.

ModBot lives!

Hmm... Go on...

NaM

I started playing shank 2 and my 360 controller is not working as expected, bummer.

The_Monk

I think I have to enter just so I, after 30 years someone knocks on my door and says:

Sir Monk? 30 Years ago you won a date with me, today is the day. And 30 years after I'll be like:

8wGSbuJ.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom