• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does The Bureau: XCom Declassified look to everyone?

bureau-xcom-declassified-art.jpg

And do we know how long it's going to be?

Looks amazing. Check out the GB quicklook.

Salsa

I know I should, but I bought both the game and the season pass on release on the 360. And I only played half of the story mode.

I can't justify buying something with only 33% off when I already have it.

story mode is so good, you should finish it

for like a week now i've been getting up, having coffee, practicing with a character till I know the combos and such, and beating the ladder with it

such is the life of poor netcode, specially in south america

Glix

I bought Crusader Kings 2 for the GoT mod... but I did not realize that learning this game is such a commitment...

I have DOTA to play, what the fuck?

Glix

Play CKII when you are waiting to respawn.

That reminds me... Why doesn't Steam let me open multiple games at once? Especially if I am playing something that has downtime and I want to do DOTA trades and look at my inventory and stuff...

Gaben is so lame.

PS - EVERYONE BUY TELEGLITCH!!! Games like this save the industry.

Zeknurn

That reminds me... Why doesn't Steam let me open multiple games at once? Especially if I am playing something that has downtime and I want to do DOTA trades and look at my inventory and stuff...

Gaben is so lame.

PS - EVERYONE BUY TELEGLITCH!!! Games like this save the industry.

It does?

It's only Source games that you can't run multiple at once.

Glix

It does?

It's only Source games that you can't run multiple at once.

I had an issue with Bioshock Infinite, where I would exit but the game wasn't fully exiting. If I tried to play something else (usually dota) it would say that I have to quit Bioshock before launching another game.

Anyone have a copy of Fez to trade or sell, I owe a friend a debt and guess what he wants, unfortunately I still have the sale mentality ;).

Salsa

fuck the goat

I remember playing Broken Sword 2 when I was 8 or something and that whole spider with chair tied up beggining kinda freaked me out

I bought MK just before the Summer Sale and only put about 4 hours into it. I don't know what it is about fighting games but they stress me the hell out. It's strange because I used to play them almost exclusively. Now there's a feeling of trepidation every time I think about switching one on.

FYC

Banned
story mode is so good, you should finish it

for like a week now i've been getting up, having coffee, practicing with a character till I know the combos and such, and beating the ladder with it

such is the life of poor netcode, specially in south america

salsa i'll move to uruguay and wreck you with reptile

but yeah im probs gonna buy it today

Exeunt

Ah, "who quoted me," how I miss thee.

Hacking mini games, trust me, are additive to the experience.

You could theoretically through the game without third person cover, first person operates exactly as it should with all you weaponry. However it may make stealth and fight encounters very difficult. At the very least I think you could use third person sparingly around corners.

Honestly I wish there wasn't third person within the game, I'm not exactly a vocal proponent for that style of game, but it works in most cases. I guess the hybrid makes it more palatable.

I just looked up the hacking minigame on YouTube and wasn't really sold on it. I guess it's a matter of personal preference, since I preferred the "no-nonsense" hacking of Deus Ex over System Shock 2's system. I'll grant that it's probably more fun in practice though.

I guess third person would probably depend on playstyle and the overall flow of the game. It sounds like it could take a bit of getting used to, especially now that I'm accustomed to crawling around in Deus Ex. I wouldn't be playing Human Revolution for quite a while if I ever get it though, so that might be a non-issue!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Can I ignore the PM's? Seeing as I gave the game away without the help of ModBot. :p

If you created a giveaway with ModBot and then chose to give away the key otherwise, just ignore the PM.

If you POSTED a giveaway created with ModBot and then gave away the key to someone else and did not nuke the key with ModBot, congrats jerk someone just got a giveaway PM saying they won when really the key is already used.

Thorgal

It does look good but that is a scene added to the Remastered edition. Here is one from the original version:

Even that still looks just as great .

I also got a chuckle of making George
going around the world trying to shake everybody he meets his hand with an electric buzzer and failing every single time .

Atleast it worked with Khan.

SuperBonk

I bought MK just before the Summer Sale and only put about 4 hours into it. I don't know what it is about fighting games but they stress me the hell out. It's strange because I used to play them almost exclusively. Now there's a feeling of trepidation every time I think about switching one on.

Just play through the story mode. It actually does a very good job of forcing you to learn the basic tools of each character. Not because you have to, but because you want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom