• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

zychi

Banned
Anyone wanna trade a copy of Fallout NV Ultimate for Payday 1? I forgot to buy it during the sale, and FNWU is all I have left in my inventory.
e: meant to post in trading thread, but ill leave it here too

Tenrius

People got thrown off because it suddenly required timing, something you might not have expected in a straight up classic adventure game.

I'd say the opposite is true. Classic adventure games I played often featured some half-broken timed sections.

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
If somone want one of those coupons, sent me a PM :)

ihixRLTZt6ONW.png

liezryou

Anyone wanna trade a copy of Fallout NV Ultimate for Payday 1? I forgot to buy it during the sale, and FNWU is all I have left in my inventory.
e: meant to post in trading thread, but ill leave it here too
I can probably do this tomorrow, going to sleep ATM. If you find someone else before then NP.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Paris in the fall...
If you created a giveaway with ModBot and then chose to give away the key otherwise, just ignore the PM.

If you POSTED a giveaway created with ModBot and then gave away the key to someone else and did not nuke the key with ModBot, congrats jerk someone just got a giveaway PM saying they won when really the key is already used.
Oh no no no, I didn't post the key ModBot gave a few hours ago. That would have been evil!
I'm no saint, but i'm no Rage trader either.

Megasoum

Banned
Anybody looking for Chivalry? I bought a 4-pack and one of my friend decided to not buy it so I have 1 leftover gift available.

I'm selling it for $18.75 which is the standard 4-pack price.

Fireblend

Banned
UGH.

So I've been playing Mark of the Ninja today. I finally reach the final mission, get close to the final boss, and the goddamn electricity goes out and turns off my PC. I restart, go into the game... and all of today's progress is gone. It's like I didn't play today.

So frustrating. I'm not spending the next 5 hours getting back all of my progress, this game can go fuck itself. Steam Cloud must have screwed up or something. At least my achievements are still there. But ugh, I was actually looking forward to the ending.

Day ruined.

FloatOn

UGH.

So I've been playing Mark of the Ninja today. I finally reach the final mission, get close to the final boss, and the goddamn electricity goes out and turns off my PC. I restart, go into the game... and all of today's progress is gone. It's like I didn't play today.

So frustrating. I'm not spending the next 5 hours getting back all of my progress, this game can go fuck itself. Steam Cloud must have screwed up or something. At least my achievements are still there. But ugh, I was actually looking forward to the ending.

Day ruined.

It's not that great of an ending.

You should beat it for new game plus.

I got ModBot fixed (yay!) -- if you spammed it while it was broken, it will spam you back over the next few minutes. If you submitted a giveaway multiple times, please use the most recent reply that you got. mannerbot, if you specifically get spammed, sorry about that.

Also thanks to some user reports I identified the bug with the nolurkers provision not working properly. Basically, what would happen is that if 10 people entered in the same heartbeat (or if it was a raffle, for example), it'd pick the winner--successfully use the nolurker rule if the winner was a lurker... and then when it fell back to the next choice, it wouldn't apply the nolurker rule properly. No other rules were affected. The bug should be fixed now, so if you want to stamp out lurkers you can.

I gotta run again.

Thanks Stump :).

Incidentally, ModBot still isn't PMing me when someone claims one of my games I put up for gifting using him. It's not needed now as all three of the game recipients were well mannered enough to message me to thank me for the game, bless 'em :). I just thought I should mention it in case you thought it was fixed.

Also, I have a question about the first Ass Creed which I picked up in the Steam sale. I just started it this evening and it has this annoying quirk of going out of full screen if I alt tab out to check my browser or get a message from someone on Steam. The only way I've found to fix it is to completely quit out of the game and start again which is hardly satisfactory. If I can't fix this I guess I'll have to turn off in game messages and not multi-task but if anyone can help that would be great.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So I've played 8 hours of Rogue Legacy, I'm starting to get pretty near the end, I'm over level 100... and basically I think it's a great game, but one problem is that the game is built for scaling immensely. No realistic level of skill would be enough for a low-level completion, the classes at the beginning of the game suck until they're upgraded, it'd be nigh impossible to get enough coin to buy good weapons without grinding out a while and using the Spelunker, Gold runes, or gold upgrades.

It feels like, for a given area of the castle, you spend a long time getting annihilated, then eventually get your stats as a whole high enough that you can survive, and then one or two levels later the area is a cakewalk. Which is too bad.

Also weird to me is that regular chests largely pay out cash while fairy chests pay out runes, but for the most part you need mutations, end-game unlocks, or runes to be able to get 3/4s of the fairy chests.

It's still an excellent game, it just has a very easy secret that reveals itself to you--just keep ploughing at it and you'll get there. Too bad they couldn't have figured out a better way to balance to reward good play.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Incidentally, ModBot still isn't PMing me when someone claims one of my games I put up for gifting using him. It's not needed now as all three of the game recipients were well mannered enough to message me to thank me for the game, bless 'em :). I just thought I should mention it in case you thought it was fixed.

Fixed, your receipts should ripple through shortly.

So I've played 8 hours of Rogue Legacy, I'm starting to get pretty near the end, I'm over level 100... and basically I think it's a great game, but one problem is that the game is built for scaling immensely. No realistic level of skill would be enough for a low-level completion, the classes at the beginning of the game suck until they're upgraded, it'd be nigh impossible to get enough coin to buy good weapons without grinding out a while and using the Spelunker, Gold runes, or gold upgrades.

It feels like, for a given area of the castle, you spend a long time getting annihilated, then eventually get your stats as a whole high enough that you can survive, and then one or two levels later the area is a cakewalk. Which is too bad.

Also weird to me is that regular chests largely pay out cash while fairy chests pay out runes, but for the most part you need mutations, end-game unlocks, or runes to be able to get 3/4s of the fairy chests.

It's still an excellent game, it just has a very easy secret that reveals itself to you--just keep ploughing at it and you'll get there. Too bad they couldn't have figured out a better way to balance to reward good play.

Yep, that's why I never bothered to touch new game+, it just felt like more grind.
I thought that the bosses were still quite challenging and beating them felt rewarding. I never got too a level in stats/equipment where the bosses could be considered a cakewalk, so they were pretty much the best part of the game for me.

Most of the systems in the game (upgrading/equipment/runes) look fine on the surface, but in the end don't really work all too well. Still a cool game, but one which could've been so much more.

Salsa

How is Payday 2 compared to the first one? I played the free weekend of the first one but it felt very rough to me.

I barely touched the first one. Most noticeable impression, again having not played the first since just a bit when it came out, is that the guns feel waaaay better.

so far it's fun. My main issue with it is that once things gets hectic it just stops being a proper heist game. You get a bazillion cops with questionable AI and you can't really justify that. That number of enemies acting like that make sense in Left 4 Dead cause they're zombies, it's harder to get away with that here.

It's definetly better, tho. More varied too. I'll likely buy it.

Volotaire

I barely touched the first one. Most noticeable impression, again having not played the first since just a bit when it came out, is that the guns feel waaaay better.

so far it's fun. My main issue with it is that once things gets hectic it just stops being a proper heist game. You get a bazillion cops with questionable AI and you can't really justify that. That number of enemies acting like that make sense in Left 4 Dead cause they're zombies, it's harder to get away with that here.

I think its massively improved. I've been playing the beta non stop.

Cool. AI issues cause me concern , but sounds like a big of enough step up for me to jump in eventually.

Salsa

Cool. AI issues cause me concern , but sounds like a big of enough step up for me to jump in eventually.

well, I mean, it's not as much bad AI issues as it is regular videogame AI in a setting where you're supposed to hold your suspension of disbelief about 5 cops entering through the front door in the midst of a firefight while crouching. They do take cover and shit but it can get silly, it's just that everything surrounding the package (presentation in general) is really good so you're like "oh man this is some heat shit" and suddenly BOOM VIDEOGAME

chugen

just got a pm from modbot, but its from a few days so i hope it still work

Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dead Horde -- MB-5C45F064F3702FD6 - Taken by alr1ght
Twin Sector -- MB-0E82E72627686B2B - Taken by SalsaShark

Would you say it's as fun as L4D in its own right? I've also played it a little for the beta, but I can't decide quite yet. Completely agree with it becoming a little strange once the action pours. Best part for me is the casing and planning phase. Doing stealth runs(at least trying to) is great. Everything else...don't know

Thorgal

naamloosmvbqo.png

been keeping an eye on this game .
Can't wait till this is out on steam.
don't you agree .Zack?

Also still no news of Metal Gear Rising pc ?

Salsa

Would you say it's as fun as L4D in its own right? I've also played it a little for the beta, but I can't decide quite yet. Completely agree with it becoming a little strange once the action pours. Best part for me is the casing and planning phase. Doing stealth runs(at least trying to) is great. Everything else...don't know

L4D2 is definetly the better game, but I guess that also depends on a bit of personal preference. Payday 2 is basically Payday but better, so if you liked some of the ideas of the first one but thought the exectuion felt a bit short, this, while not perfect, is certainly a noticeable improvement.

Game kinda lives and dies on how cool you find the concept to be, been that way since the first one too. It's just a neat idea and you feel kinda badass.

edit: grabbed Twin Sector cause why not. Thanks chugen

Yeah I'll agree with that. It is kind of like struggle...struggle... oh you can now on shot enemies in the area? Free!

Wok

It would be great if Dark Souls had similar camera mouse-controls to these of Hitman Absolution. So far, the camera is either unstable with vanilla Dark Souls, or really stable and a bit too slow with the mouse fix suggested in the OT.

Thorgal

It would be great if Dark Souls had similar camera mouse-controls to these of Hitman Absolution. So far, the camera is either unstable with vanilla Dark Souls, or really stable and a bit too slow with the mouse fix suggested in the OT.

Do yourself a favor and buy a controller .

trying to play this game with a mouse is worse then getting Roflstomped by a 3-man gank squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom