• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought MK just before the Summer Sale and only put about 4 hours into it. I don't know what it is about fighting games but they stress me the hell out. It's strange because I used to play them almost exclusively. Now there's a feeling of trepidation every time I think about switching one on.

You just have to grind it out. This applies to every fighting game. It can be intimidating at first because there is typically no "team" in a fighting game and the only one to blame for your loss is you (or poor netcode...), but stick with it and commit to some sparring sessions with either local (if you have friends or a scene) or online competition. You'll eventually reach a point where you aren't scarred of each individual match and from there you can start learning from mistakes and improving.

Momentary

Banned
Getting rid of some Bundle Star games.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Journey Down: Chapter 1 -- MB-7DF77781CBA14393 - Taken by DukeBobby
Kung Fu Strike: The Warrior's Rise -- MB-3B8948EDDF2026D6 - Taken by Kifimbo
Cargo Commander -- MB-1BB45E6D6DDBDDA1 - Taken by 28 Posts Later
Zeno Clash -- MB-761B12179F8E7882 - Taken by Lingitiz

Turfster

When it comes to digital items, people bidding on ebay have no idea what their actual value is most of the time. Things get sold for ridiculous amounts.

Or their legality, for that matter.
The amount of steam keys being sold you have to use shady VPN servers for...

Karu

Some random thoughts on some games, I bought during the sale & already played a bit...

Gnomoria (~2,5h): Puzzling. Confusing. Overwhelming. I'll get to it, but atm I'm a little bit ... disappointed? Eager to lern though.

Hitman: Blood Money (~XXh): Expected old-feel to it, but the very first level showed potential, though I have the feeling I'm too unpatient for this game, since my first walkthrough' ended always in run&gun

CS:GO (~7h): FUN! Yeah, a total noob, but still fun - was worth the 5 bucks!

Cave Story+ (~3,5h): Another win!

FTL (~3,5h): First 2 hours were meh. Today I had my first good run up to Sector 8, where I obviously got destroyed by the final boss. Still, the game finally got me!

Intrusion 2 (~100min): Mh...don't know. The physics are cool at first, than just got reaaally annoying at times.

FEZ (~2h): Really cool game. Like it! Have the feeling though, that I miss some parts, cause I don't have any ambition to solve those language-puzzles etc.

Dust: An Elysian Tale (~5h): Great game! Serviable story, cool artstyle, fun combat!

Shepard

Cities XL Platinum just went from "Why the hell did I buy this shit" to an awesome city simulator after fixing the awful performance issues, This is a really nice and beautiful game.

Some random thoughts on some games, I bought during the sale & already played a bit...

Gnomoria (~2,5h): Puzzling. Confusing. Overwhelming. I'll get to it, but atm I'm a little bit ... disappointed? Eager to lern though.

Hitman: Blood Money (~XXh): Expected old-feel to it, but the very first level showed potential, though I have the feeling I'm too unpatient for this game, since my first walkthrough' ended always in run&gun

CS:GO (~7h): FUN! Yeah, a total noob, but still fun - was worth the 5 bucks!

Cave Story+ (~3,5h): Another win!

FTL (~3,5h): First 2 hours were meh. Today I had my first good run up to Sector 8, where I obviously got destroyed by the final boss. Still, the game finally got me!

Intrusion 2 (~100min): Mh...don't know. The physics are cool at first, than just got reaaally annoying at times.

FEZ (~2h): Really cool game. Like it! Have the feeling though, that I miss some parts, cause I don't have any ambition to solve those language-puzzles etc.

Dust: An Elysian Tale (~5h): Great game! Serviable story, cool artstyle, fun combat!
For CS:GO, are you playing mostly casual matches, competitive, or something else? I also picked this up during the summer sale and didn't want to jump into competitive too quickly, but the few casual matches I've played have been the worst experiences ever.

Just wondering what another fellow n00b is doing at the beginning stages of that game :).

jediyoshi

I don't think it'll sit right with me that the only non .dll fix for poker night 2 to launch is unplugging my controller. Telltale pls

FYC

Banned
yGXeKOj.png

~Thanksies~

Saint's Row: The Third DLC is cool but they give away achievements like free candy. Like three per mission.

Great game though, had a lot of fun.

Overdoziz

Banned
You know, Dead Island is surprisingly good. It's pretty rough around the edged, but it's still enjoyable.
Something I found it a bit strange is that in some cutscenes the co-op characters suddenly show up out of nowhere even if you're playing solo. All NPCs also refer to you has a male even if you're a female which is a bit odd.

DTKT

You know, Dead Island is surprisingly good. It's pretty rough around the edged, but it's still enjoyable.
Something I found it a bit strange is that in some cutscenes the co-op characters suddenly show up out of nowhere even if you're playing solo. All NPCs also refer to you has a male even if you're a female which is a bit odd.

Played through that game with 2 friends of mine. Probably why I finished it in the first place. The game get's boring as you enter the city. Almost no weapon variations and it becomes and really awful place to explore with all the tight alleyways.

I really like the idea of a true open-world zombie games, but Dead Island fell short in many different ways.

Warband is like the easiest game to idle in ever. I've had it on Configure screen for the past hour, already got two cards

Also, I have 25 cards altogether. Any idea on how much I might get for them? Is it better to put all on the market at once or to spread it out?

DTKT

Warband is like the easiest game to idle in ever. I've had it on Configure screen for the past hour, already got two cards

Also, I have 25 cards altogether. Any idea on how much I might get for them? Is it better to put all on the market at once or to spread it out?

But for a few exceptions, most card markets have bottomed out. You are looking at maybe 10-12 cents per card. There is no reason to spread em out as there is no variation.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Played through that game with 2 friends of mine. Probably why I finished it in the first place. The game get's boring as you enter the city. Almost no weapon variations and it becomes and really awful place to explore with all the tight alleyways.

I really like the idea of a true open-world zombie games, but Dead Island fell short in many different ways.

I threw in the towel when I got to the sewer. Fuck sewer levels. Ugh.

I will trade you for your Warband cards, I'm at 5/10 and want to craft the badge.

Momentary

Banned
Noitu Love 2 got cards... I'm surprised. I wonder if this is a sign that Konjak is going to release The Iconoclasts soon. I've been hyped for that game for way too long now. That and Valdis Story.

I don't remember the DLC's being that easy to 100% in terms of achievements.

I got every achievement of Gangstas in Space and The Trouble With Clones (still missing a few of Genkibowl VII). They're easy to get if you check them before playing.

Last mission of The Trouble With Clones gave me 4 achievements in like 15 minutes.

Overdoziz

Banned

It's definitely not nearly as well realized as it could've been, but since I bought it for only €3,- I can forgive some of its faults. I do actually think the city is more interesting than the resort, though, because it's a lot more dangerous and pulls you out of your comfortzone a bit more.

dot

Too bad the online co-op was completely broken for me and my friend. It's a decent game but extremely buggy.

DTKT

Too bad the online co-op was completely broken for me and my friend. It's a decent game but extremely buggy.

We had to use Hamachi to get it to work. Without it, it would never let me connect. Plus, I would enter some kind of kimbo where I could still move around and see everyone, but no one else could see me.

Final boss was also hilariously bad. I was playing as the gun dude and just shocked-stun the guy into oblivion.

Overdoziz

Banned
I have a problem with people joining my game while I'm playing solo. Apparently you can only change this in the main menu and not in the options while playing the game, but I keep forgetting to change it. At one point I was in the ingame menu while someone else joined. Normally going into the menu stops gameplay, but because someone else joined I suddenly got attacked while still browsing through my inventory. I should really turn that off, haha.

Also, I'm still in the progress of playing the game so please put Dead Island spoilers under tags, please. The story isn't great or anything, but I'd appreciate it.

Damnnn Dishonored crashes so much for me, I did a little searching but not enough. I even installed all the pre-reqs, always when loading between areas. I fear leaving an area so bad now.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
After managing to fix the weird color glitch in the original Fallout, I found out that the game is incredibly hard. Or I terribly suck at it. Either way, I died less than 3 minutes after I gained control of my character.

And Far Cry 1 is hard too. The stealth is terrible, or I also suck at it. Either way, I already died close to 10 times at the very beginning, in the part where I have to
steal a car after raiding some huts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom