• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Any updates on DayZ standalone? I didn't know you could play it with the free version of Arma II and the Arrowhead DLC, and I passed on the bundle during the Steam sale. Is there any word on a price?

Any updates on DayZ standalone? I didn't know you could play it with the free version of Arma II and the Arrowhead DLC, so I passed on the bundle during the Steam sale. Is there any word on a price?

Dean Hall and his crew are currently working on getting the Alpha version of the game approved for Steam Early Access release this week. But if it gets denied then they'll have to push back the release date after this month to get it approved.

There isn't a set price announced. But I'm guessing it'll be ~$20

for more information look at this Day Z topic post http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=72995431&postcount=15576

I got S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC thanks to chugen but not sure how I should be playing. For instance the first mission - guns blazing or is it possible to be stealthy? It seems like the game is meant to be played just go in and start firefights.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Thought you were talking about Dark Souls for a minute there, before I scrolled up.

No way, the sewers in Dark Souls had one of my favorite bosses ever. It ended up being a pushover, but the fear and dread I felt when that bastard first appeared is unmatched by any other game.

I got S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC thanks to chugen but not sure how I should be playing. For instance the first mission - guns blazing or is it possible to be stealthy? It seems like the game is meant to be played just go in and start firefights.

You'll most likely die going in guns blazing. The pistol you start with is horribly inaccurate outside of 10-20 meters, and ammo can be scarce in the beginning. It's better to take cover, lean out of corners (defaults keys are Q and E), and take guys out one at a time. I learned this the hard way, (quicksave is your friend in this game). Once you find better guns, firefights will be easier to handle.

There is a mod to make weapons more accurate and do more damage. Link to the mod is here if you're interested: SC Realistic Weapons v0.8 Mod for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.. This mod works in conjunction with the Complete 2009 mod, which is highly recommended.

I'd keep playing vanilla SOC for a while, then install the mod if you want to try something different.

maneil99

Company of Heroes 2 runs like complete shit on my computer and I have a pretty decent rig.

Doesn't run well on mine and my CPU is faster then any CPU out there at stock settings, so I have no idea what their thoughts were. I get very playable FPS for most, but for me at 1200p its not acceptable for the IQ I get

jediyoshi

I want to believe the rise of the triad icon is just some dude wearing a trucker cap

rgp9iud.jpg

You'll most likely die going in guns blazing. The pistol you start with is horribly inaccurate outside of 10-20 meters, and ammo can be scarce in the beginning. It's better to take cover, lean out of corners (defaults keys are Q and E), and take guys out one at a time. I learned this the hard way, (quicksave is your friend in this game). Once you find better guns, firefights will be easier to handle.

There is a mod to make weapons more accurate and do more damage. Link to the mod is here if you're interested: SC Realistic Weapons v0.8 Mod for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.. This mod works in conjunction with the Complete 2009 mod, which is highly recommended.

I'd keep playing vanilla SOC for a while, then install the mod if you want to try something different.

Right on, thanks. I have the Complete 2009 mod so I'll stick with just that for a while and maybe try the weapons mod later.

Arthea

It was probably was asked many times over, but I can't find the answer. Do we get only one booster pack per game, or multiple packs?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
The non-steam games in my steamlibrary suddenly dissapeared!
When I added them once again, they still had they're custom grid, though. :/

eyeless

does anyone actually keep their friend notifications on

i'm playing darksiders and apparently you don't get achievements if you've already launched it in the current instance of steam and also it's been crashing some so i keep having to restart steam and i wonder if i'm annoying people with notifications on

Salsa

i'm playing darksiders and apparently you don't get achievements if you've already launched it in the current instance of steam and also it's been crashing some so i keep having to restart steam and i wonder if i'm annoying people with notifications on

I dont

but I often enter a game and get a couple of chat messages regarding it

so I guess some people do

Arthea

As I understand it, multiple packs. It's just that the drop rate is crap, more than anything else.

Ya. I noticed that. I got only one booster pack so far.

yesterday played some Pirates and Zombies in Space and I must say, it does take time to destroy one enemy ship, or what? I hope upgraded ships are better, like much better.

sapsari

Darksiders have achievement bugs, it doesn't always unlock them. But I don't think it is related to Steam. Also I don't remember any crashes. But those achievement bugs were really annoying.

jediyoshi

I always specifically just sign off if I'm trouble shooting and having to restart a game over and over.

Ledsen

I envy people living in NY etc, that stuff looks so awesome.

Do you know where I live? I live in Bruges.

Have you seen the movie In Bruges? Then you'll understand me.

Dude I've been to Bruges and it was pretty awesome.
For a 2-day vacation.
I've also been to NYC and got super worn out from all the people and noise after a week. It's so LOUD. Wanted to take a vacation from my vacation at that point.

I'm getting infected with the madness. I bought Crusader Kings 2 last September because it was part of an Amazon Paradox pack and have never played it. So naturally I just went and bought a shit load of DLC for it. What's the matter with me?

Gooble gobble

You should check out the Idle Thumbs guys playing it, pretty soon you'll be hooked on the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG0V39iAGE8&list=PLBm8xzpTp8Sp16E5C9y58nD7DF_B9em_L

Dawg

Dude I've been to Bruges and it was pretty awesome.
For a 2-day vacation.
I've also been to NYC and got super worn out from all the people and noise after a week. It's so LOUD. Wanted to take a vacation from my vacation at that point.

I guess the grass is always greener on the other side.

MaLDo

The non-steam games in my steamlibrary suddenly dissapeared!
When I added them once again, they still had they're custom grid, though. :/

Steam bug. Sometimes steam delete the file with shortcuts. Add those games in steam, and then go to your steam\userdata\XXXXXXX\config folder and make read-only the file shortcuts.vdf

Dawg

Wow, Shadowrun: Returns is only like 1GB huh

Not complaining since I only have SSD's, but that seems so small for a RPG :p

dejan

*glancesovercomingsoonsection* Oh, someone made a remake of the DSA Blade of Destiny crpg and it will be released on Steam tomorrow ... wait, what? When did this happen? Never heard of that developer, are they remaking the whole trilogy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom