• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Worked on my backlog a bit more tonight.

The Witcher 2 - Maybe I'm just not doing it right, but the combat feels really bad. Very unresponsive and slow. I'm playing with the new mod, and it seems to have broken the tutorial arena. It won't allow me to set up a riposte. Everything else about the game seems amazing, but I'm not going to slog through a bunch of enjoyable battles when I have other things to play.

Aliens: Colonial Marines - I restarted a checkpoint because I couldn't find a sewer entrance. Doing so caused a sentry gun to disappear, and I was unable to progress. This game is a piece of shit.

Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II - WAAAGH!

Karu

For CS:GO, are you playing mostly casual matches, competitive, or something else? I also picked this up during the summer sale and didn't want to jump into competitive too quickly, but the few casual matches I've played have been the worst experiences ever.

Just wondering what another fellow n00b is doing at the beginning stages of that game :).
At first I joined a few Random matches, though there were just too many "fun maps", that made no sense whatsoever :D - so I switched over to the manual serverlist and found 2, 3 servers that felt active and with a reasonable skill-level.

I have some 1.6 experience - though mostly just playing on LANs yeeears ago with some friends.

For those of you new to the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series (Shadow of Chernobyl, Call of Pripyat, Clear Sky), I was looking for mods and guides and stumbled upon this:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400

This user guide seems to be really helpful. Although the Complete 2009 mod is very popular (I started using this on my first SOC playthrough, after playing vanillla SOC for about an hour), it apparently makes the game a little easier. If you're a purist and want to experience the way S.T.A.L.K.E.R. was meant to be played (according to most of the community), then playing vanilla or using the Starter Pack mod set, seems to be the way to go.

As for me, I've deleted and reinstalled SOC and will be starting a fresh playthrough using the Starter Pack mods, which includes the Zone Reclamation Project mod, which fixes a lot of the bugs found in the original game.

The Steam user guide also has a YouTube video which explains how to install mods and includes links to the Starter Pack in its description: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XHWKexK7B_8

Hope this helps new Stalkers like me!

cammy84

Well I can finally say the trading card bug has gotten me. I spent the weekend scouring the market for cards with the higher prices then trading for them using cards that weren't worth as much (saving usually .05) all the while idling in games to get more cards.
I think I'm sick. On the bright side bought Dungeons of Dredmor for cards but really enjoying myself when I play it. (I'm useless but I'm having fun)

Well I can finally say the trading card bug has gotten me. I spent the weekend scouring the market for cards with the higher prices then trading for them using cards that weren't worth as much (saving usually .05) all the while idling in games to get more cards.
I think I'm sick. On the bright side bought Dungeons of Dredmor for cards but really enjoying myself when I play it. (I'm useless but I'm having fun)

Interest in the card business died for me right after the summer seal. "What the hell am I doing" was the first thing that came in my mind when I was F5'ing to save 2 cents on card X. Sell sell sell.

Afro

Quick noob question. I don't know much about trading cards, but I just work up this morning and had a Hotline Miami booster pack in my inventory. Haven't play the game in a while and didn't play anything yesterday. Did someone gift this to me or something? How do I find out who?

Thanks!

Milamber

Quick noob question. I don't know much about trading cards, but I just work up this morning and had a Hotline Miami booster pack in my inventory. Haven't play the game in a while and didn't play anything yesterday. Did someone gift this to me or something? How do I find out who?

Thanks!

You just get a random booster drop.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/210870/

This game... I have it on PS3.

It's nuts, but sogood.gif

If you like a platformer with an insanely crazy A.I, you should get it
Celebrity Voice Acting: Cloudberry Kingdom touts celebrity voice actor Kevin Sorbo, the star of hit TV series "Hercules: The Legendary Journeys" and "Andromeda", and plays the leading role in the parody film "Meet the Spartans".

Uh huh

JakeD

Worked on my backlog a bit more tonight.

The Witcher 2 - Maybe I'm just not doing it right, but the combat feels really bad. Very unresponsive and slow. I'm playing with the new mod, and it seems to have broken the tutorial arena. It won't allow me to set up a riposte. Everything else about the game seems amazing, but I'm not going to slog through a bunch of enjoyable battles when I have other things to play.

Aliens: Colonial Marines - I restarted a checkpoint because I couldn't find a sewer entrance. Doing so caused a sentry gun to disappear, and I was unable to progress. This game is a piece of shit.

Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II - WAAAGH!

i encountered that same riposte bug (with no mod) i basically just kept attempting it for 15 minutes and eventually it worked.

couple tips here: http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/24654-tutorial-riposte-icon-never-appears/

FloatOn

You mean Kevin Sorbo isn't a selling point to you?

tumblr_mekzgq62CX1qznw1to1_400.gif

I wake up to find that overnight Steam has decided to cull a whole load of games from my game library. After a few moments of WTF?! I realise that they seem to have removed all the non Steam activated games. Gee thanks Steam.

Is there a way to get all those shortcuts back en masse or do I have to re-enter every single game individually?

Uiki

Dean Hall and his crew are currently working on getting the Alpha version of the game approved for Steam Early Access release this week. But if it gets denied then they'll have to push back the release date after this month to get it approved.

Can I ask you the source of this?

I thought that they were aiming for a mid august release.

Knurek

I wake up to find that overnight Steam has decided to cull a whole load of games from my game library.

Is there a way to get all those shortcuts back en masse or do I have to re-enter every single game individually?

Backup shortcuts.vdf next time. No way to recover them now, unfortunately.

wilflare

Interest in the card business died for me right after the summer seal. "What the hell am I doing" was the first thing that came in my mind when I was F5'ing to save 2 cents on card X. Sell sell sell.

I hope it'll die down for me too. But there's just something fun about crafting the badge and seeing what you'll get. And that odd chance you may get something valuable...

Everytime I think, "hey, I think I want a badge for this game"....I decide I like free money a little better.

Finally hit the 150+ listings thing. Dammit.

Dolor

Cities XL Platinum just went from "Why the hell did I buy this shit" to an awesome city simulator after fixing the awful performance issues, This is a really nice and beautiful game.

Yeah, it's a surprisingly good game. I bought it as a protest vote to Simcity 5's Origin exclusivity and ended up sinking about 30+ hours into it. My recommendation is to turn off the dumb achievement notifications that pop up every 2-3 minutes at the start of each city.

Warband is like the easiest game to idle in ever. I've had it on Configure screen for the past hour, already got two cards

It's also an excellent game to actually play!

JakeD

Everytime I think, "hey, I think I want a badge for this game"....I decide I like free money a little better.

Finally hit the 150+ listings thing. Dammit.

for every game where i've actually wanted to craft a badge, i've gotten like 3 repeats in the drops. after i sell the repeats, i can't justify purchasing the other cards. of course this could easily be avoided if i had the patience to trade the cards...

for every game where i've actually wanted to craft a badge, i've gotten like 3 repeats in the drops. after i sell the repeats, i can't justify purchasing the other cards. of course this could easily be avoided if i had the patience to trade the cards...
I don't see the point in trading unless you find someone that is willing to trade a for a card that is more in value than yours. The cards sell in seconds and you can buy another one with your dupes.

Looks like those summer cards aren't going up anytime soon. Still about 35k in the wild and the price is tapering back to where it was during the sale.

omg_mjd

I hope it'll die down for me too. But there's just something fun about crafting the badge and seeing what you'll get. And that odd chance you may get something valuable...

That's exactly why I'm still hooked too. It's crazy but I have cards worth $1 - $2 that I haven't put up for sale since I think I *might* want to craft the badge once the other cards in the set fall in price. (Which is stupid since if I sell these cards now and buy them again when they're cheap later I'll still be ahead by a few bucks at least.)

Hmmm.

Brb...just talked myself into selling these cards. :p

Oreoleo

What's wrong with it?.

Oh boy. STALKER is a textbook definition of eurojank, the ambition of the game and its systems outstrips the presentation and overall polish of the game. Nothing too far removed from bugs you might find in a Bethesda game, for example. Just play with the complete mod and you'll be mostly alright.

Oh boy. STALKER is a textbook definition of eurojank, the ambition of the game and its systems outstrips the presentation and overall polish of the game. Nothing too far removed from bugs you might find in a Bethesda game, for example. Just play with the complete mod and you'll be mostly alright.

Now I'm getting scared to play it :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom