• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

marrec

Banned
Oh boy. STALKER is a textbook definition of eurojank, the ambition of the game and its systems outstrips the presentation and overall polish of the game. Nothing too far removed from bugs you might find in a Bethesda game, for example. Just play with the complete mod and you'll be mostly alright.

I personally had a lot of trouble with the game when it was originally released, and then with the complete mod. It's like it kicked my virtual puppy. Of course, there is a hell of a lot of potential in the game if you can get past the the outer crust of Jank.

marrec

Banned
Now I'm getting scared to play it :/

As much as I like to tell people to avoid playing it, you shouldn't be scared. It'll either click immediately for you or you'll find yourself seeing all the flaws in it like I did.

Make sure to apply the complete mod though, without it the game is unplayable.

Oreoleo

Now I'm getting scared to play it :/
Why? I've put over 40 hours into SoC and haven't come across anything game breaking (can't say the same for Clear Sky) it's just a little rough around the edges. The game is so good you end up finding the technical problems endearing :)

As much as I like to tell people to avoid playing it, you shouldn't be scared. It'll either click immediately for you or you'll find yourself seeing all the flaws in it like I did.

Make sure to apply the complete mod though, without it the game is unplayable.

Yeah, I already installed the complete mod. Glad I controlled myself a bit and only bought the first one though. If I like it I'll buy the others later.

Well this has to be a rare occurrence. I just got two foils of the same card from Stacking.

Well, since I have neither foils nor cards from Stacking, you can just give it to me :3

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Anybody here whom has any experience with Splinter Cell: Conviction? Is it a good port?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Anybody here whom has any experience with Splinter Cell: Conviction? Is it a good port?

The port is decent-to-great.

Some people will tell you that the game sucks because it's not a true Splinter Cell game, but for what it is, it's pretty good and certainly enjoyable.

It has a super slick presentation and the co-op is apparently really good (I haven't played that myself). Certainly worth it at the right price.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Valve is so evil.

I craft a badge for CSGO. And then like half an hour later they give me a CSGO booster pack. 3/5? Fuck it, crafted another badge.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Performance can be pretty mediocre on solid rigs and it has Uplay, but I can't think of any other port related issues.
I have no problem with UPlay whatsoever, kinda like the meta-game they have. Goodies for achievements.
Performance issues don't sound so jolly, though...
The port is decent-to-great.

Some people will tell you that the game sucks because it's not a true Splinter Cell game, but for what it is, it's pretty good and certainly enjoyable.

It has a super slick presentation and the co-op is apparently really good (I haven't played that myself). Certainly worth it at the right price.
...but what the heck, it's a physical (WHAAAA..!!) copy for 2,50, i'm biting. Thanks for responding, guy's! :)

Backup shortcuts.vdf next time. No way to recover them now, unfortunately.

Urk, thanks Knurek. Can I get Steam to do the backup or do I have to manually go in and find the folder and do it myself?

One silver lining is that I've lost 40 odd games from my backlog so it's only 60 odd I need to get through! :/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Urk, thanks Knurek. Can I get Steam to do the backup or do I have to manually go in and find the folder and do it myself?

One silver lining is that I've lost 40 odd games from my backlog so it's only 60 odd I need to get through! :/

You have to do it manually.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I have no problem with UPlay whatsoever, kinda like the meta-game they have. Goodies for achievements.
Performance issues don't sound so jolly, though...

...but what the heck, it's a physical (WHAAAA..!!) copy for 2,50, i'm biting. Thanks for responding, guy's! :)

I can tell you that I didn't have any performance problems, but I'm team green and never have problems with games ever and always get the best driver updates with increased performance boosts.

FloatOn

I've decided that starting on the 1st of august I'm going to beat all of the Ys games on steam within that month.

wish me luck jerks.

chronomac

Got my second booster this weekend (first was FTL and this one Psychonauts). I looked at the selling rate for the pack versus the cards individually and saw it wasn't separated by much. So I opened it up and got a foil and ended up getting $1.20 or so for doing absolutely nothing.

All total, I've gotten 4 foils and 2 boosters. I can't complain.

Dolor

Games that I already owned that I started playing essentially because they had trading cards:

• Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
  • Saints Row 3
  • Tomb Raider
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Gratuitous Space Battles
Bonus: also listed in the order by which I enjoyed them, although even GSB was pretty good.

Fireblend

Banned
Started playing Dishonored yesterday. After 2 hours of getting frustrated trying to do stealth, I realized I wasn't saving as often as I should have been and I'd screwed up too much, and restarted. 3 hours after that I was doing much better and the skills really make the game way easier as you go, but man, that intro drags for waaay too long.

Anyway, other than that, I'm loving the game's tone and visuals, and the skills are tons of fun, although I'm kinda disappointed there's no use for all the weaponry if I'm trying to do a stealth run, feels like I'm missing out on part of the game.

tjohn86

Started playing Dishonored yesterday. After 2 hours of getting frustrated trying to do stealth, I realized I wasn't saving as often as I should have been and I'd screwed up too much, and restarted. 3 hours after that I was doing much better and the skills really make the game way easier as you go, but man, that intro drags for waaay too long.

Anyway, other than that, I'm loving the game's tone and visuals, and the skills are tons of fun, although I'm kinda disappointed there's no use for all the weaponry if I'm trying to do a stealth run, feels like I'm missing out on part of the game.

I don't really know why I stopped playing dishonored. I should really pick it back up.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I finished Dishonored's main campaign earlier in the year but have yet to touch The Other Side of the Coin The Knife of Dunwall. Seeing as the next DLC campaign is around the corner, though, I think I'll just run through both back-to-back.

smr00

Banned
Qz3vj1t.png
Inject it into my veins.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I finished Dishonored's main campaign earlier in the year but have yet to touch The Other Side of the Coin The Knife of Dunwall. Seeing as the next DLC campaign is around the corner, though, I think I'll just run through both back-to-back.
Same, I was planning on doing another run of the main game soon to try some of the action-focused achievements and play the DLC but I think I'll wait until the next one is released. Looks like The Brigmore Witches will carry your save from The Knife of Dunwall, so that too makes me want to play them one after the other.

FloatOn

same here. I'm pretty excited to dig back into it.

I know the rumor is that arkane is working on prey 2 now but have we heard anything about a dishonored sequel?

Beat it low chaos and stealth last time around finding that the crazy death animations and chaining kills can be just as satisfying if not more so, overall pretty good mechanics wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom