• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
You aren't that good.
tsssssss burn

I really enjoyed it :-/

Yeah, I'll be the first to admit that stacked up against my peers I've got a lot of room for growth. I'll bring it up next time I'm hanging out with God, Kate Upton, and Idris Elba.

Nillansan

Let's be honest, he will be back.

Either way, it is a two person company. The other would have to agree as well, and I doubt he would.

Sorry I am a bit late with my reply.

I don't think that Renaud is a part of Polytron any more. I am quite certain that he is working for Capybara now.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Started playing Dishonored yesterday. After 2 hours of getting frustrated trying to do stealth, I realized I wasn't saving as often as I should have been and I'd screwed up too much, and restarted. 3 hours after that I was doing much better and the skills really make the game way easier as you go, but man, that intro drags for waaay too long.

Anyway, other than that, I'm loving the game's tone and visuals, and the skills are tons of fun, although I'm kinda disappointed there's no use for all the weaponry if I'm trying to do a stealth run, feels like I'm missing out on part of the game.

Beat it low chaos and stealth last time around finding that the crazy death animations and chaining kills can be just as satisfying if not more so, overall pretty good mechanics wise.
I like to suggest doing a mix of stealth/action in a first run of the game depending on your mood and whatever feels best at each section of the stages. Regardless of playstyle, it's commendable how it accommodates to however you want to approach it, and it's always fun to experiment.

This reminds me of someone in one of the Steam threads who wasn't having any fun with the game because it took him 14 hours to reach the entrance of the Golden Cat. That was nuts. :lol

Fireblend

Banned
I like to suggest doing a mix of stealth/action in a first run of the game depending on your mood and whatever feels best at each section of the stages. Regardless of playstyle, it's commendable how it accommodates to however you want to approach it, and it's always fun to experiment.

This reminds me of someone in one of the Steam threads who wasn't having any fun with the game because it took him 14 hours to reach the entrance of the Golden Cat. That was nuts. :lol

I heard
there are different endings depending on your chaos level though, and I'm not sure how soon I'll be able to replay the game with my ridiculous backlog, so I want to get a good ending on my first playthrough for sure.

It's not like I'm not enjoying it though, the abilities system is pretty cool, blinking is useful as hell and when you get used to the way the game does stealth, it all just clicks. I have like 9 spare runes though, and I have no idea what to use those points for. I think I'll go for the possession skill next. (Only have Blink + Dark Vision).

chronomac

How close to a full release does it feel? It looks like a game I would only play once so I want that playthrough to be solid.

Not all that close. The most obvious example of it's early access state is on the main menu, where half the items are grayed out, including options. In the game itself, you get access to a ton of missions but so many are repeated (find 10 wool, go kill this bad guy, rescue 10 hostages, and rinse and repeat).

The gameplay itself is solid. It looks like Metal Slug, and the controls are similar, but it's a slower, at times more methodical approach than the frenzied style of it's spiritual predecessor. I found it nice that the bigger, more "badass" your weapon is the heavier it is and thus the slower you are. So there are moments, where you have to unequip the gun to allow yourself more speed and mobility to access certain areas. I'm halfway through the missions and only done it twice, though.

There are a bunch of glitches too. Any time I go to customize my weapon, the game will unequip my magazine. No idea why. So I have to make sure I go in and check that before loading a mission or I'll have one bullet per reload. And if that happens, you have to quit to the main menu. There's no easy way to go back to the home base, where you customize weapons, items, etc.

So the gameplay is fun, as it's a slower Metal Slug that feels almost like Mega Man; the guns are fun to customize, even though the system is buggy; the missions aren't varied enough; and the game is, quite literally, missing parts, like the options menu and small other things in various other menus.

I don't think it's worth $15 as it exists now. I was lucky enough to get it from Dunder for $7.50 and that seems more fair in it's pseudo-beta state. All this being said, I haven't tried anything but single-player, but if the people on the game's forums are to be believed it's way too easy on multi-player, as the game's difficulty doesn't scale well (or at all).

Games that I already owned that I started playing essentially because they had trading cards:

• Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
  • Saints Row 3
  • Tomb Raider
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Gratuitous Space Battles
Bonus: also listed in the order by which I enjoyed them, although even GSB was pretty good.

Sleeping Dogs is way to low on that list

Grief.exe

Hey guys, I'm looking for two images for my game covers that you guys might be able to help out with.

I'm looking for the source of this Cave Story image in high-resolution.

header_292x136.jpg

And this image without The Witcher 2 logo on it. Best case scenario for both of these is >2000p.

Fuu

I heard
there are different endings depending on your chaos level though, and I'm not sure how soon I'll be able to replay the game with my ridiculous backlog, so I want to get a good ending on my first playthrough for sure.

It's not like I'm not enjoying it though, the abilities system is pretty cool, blinking is useful as hell and when you get used to the way the game does stealth, it all just clicks. I have like 9 spare runes though, and I have no idea what to use those points for. I think I'll go for the possession skill next. (Only have Blink + Dark Vision).
Yeah I played mostly stealth in my first run and had a blast too, my suggestion is more regarding when someone isn't managing to have much fun to not worry about how the game "should" be played, which isn't your case. I got a medium chaos rating overall because of the killings the first time, which affects some character reactions but
you still get a high chaos ending.

There are differences between each path that I enjoy more than the other, make sure to check the two chaos endings on youtube at least, and the final mission of the game has changes too. There are a few character conversations that are also different, which was another cool touch.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Just to say, the creepiest bombed-out Fallout house would be the one whose now long dead owner kept empty DVD cases of the digital products he purchased.

SparkTR

Why do you think that?

Just that bitComposer all of sudden gets cold feet on Chaos Chronicles apparently around the time Expeditions came out, that they're both games appealing to a similar audience, and that the game didn't seem to have gained much success on Steam or anywhere.

I'm sure there's probably another reason for their change of heart, but that's my guess. Hopefully Shadowruns good sales have convinced them otherwise.

Fuu

I'm looking for the source of this Cave Story image in high-resolution.

header_292x136.jpg

This is the source of the Cave Story image: http://flyingmilkpig.deviantart.com/art/Cave-Story-Promotional-art-200275526

The original is 4492×2776, it was resized after posting but if the one Rickenslacker posted isn't big enough maybe you can get in touch with her for it, Grief.

Random but cool: this girl works as a background designer for Legend of Korra.

edit: this post is useless since that one was good enough but I'll leave it here!

The cards are still selling for ~40c each, so there can't be too many people who bought it. I feel kinda bad but I did buy the game for cards (ended up making money thanks to a foil drop) and have yet to play it outside of waiting for card drops. I want to go back but I somehow always end up playing something else.

I bought it, too. I can't say I'm a huge fan, but it helped me out during the Summer Sale.

allansm

Just that bitComposer all of sudden gets cold feet on Chaos Chronicles apparently around the time Expeditions came out, that they're both games appealing to a similar audience, and that the game didn't seem to have gained much success on Steam or anywhere.

I'm sure there's probably another reason for their change of heart, but that's my guess. Hopefully Shadowruns good sales have convinced them otherwise.

I doubt bitComposer lost any money due to poor sales of Conquistador as it was funded by kickstarter. I think bitComposer only stepped in as a publishers so Conquistador could skip Greenlight, it was there for a few months. But you might be right, Conquistador selling poorly certainly does not encourage funding of another turn based RPG.

The cards are still selling for ~40c each, so there can't be too many people who bought it. I feel kinda bad but I did buy the game for cards (ended up making money thanks to a foil drop) and have yet to play it outside of waiting for card drops. I want to go back but I somehow always end up playing something else.

I played it for 40 minutes while waiting for cards to drop and it left me a very positive impression, it definitely was better than I expected. There were only two campaign levels available at the time so I didn't play it anymore, I guess it's time to come back to it now that it is released.

Tenrius

Decided to buy that PoP complete pack for a little less than $10 from some reseller. Got tired of constantly missing out on it during Steam sales (and it didn't even get a decent discount the last sale).

I won't get an extra copy of PoP 2008, which I already have, when I redeem the gift, right? It's a single gift in my inventory, I know you usually don't get extra copies when you buy packs, but not sure how this should work in this case.

EDIT:

Note: You already own some games in "Prince of Persia Complete Pack".

You will not receive extra copies of the following games:
Prince of Persia®

Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom