• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

Strange, I was thinking I had the Oblivion GOTY Edition but it seems that I have the GOTY Deluxe.

I was not expecting this, but since the Store says that I have it then they may know best right fellow GAFfers?

Nabs

Yay we get a horde mode in Bioshock Infinite today.

Thanks everyone who ever made that garbage mode popular and viable to devs to exploit and shove into every game that doesn't need it.

lol. I'm glad I can just pick up parts 2 and 3 on sale down the line.

oipic

Grief to thread! Perhaps the Burial at Sea release will be a good time to, do... or update, or even, release... whatever it is that they're doing with Bioshock 2?

(I'd like to see those Steam achievements in Arkham Asylum first, though)

Echoplx

Strange, I was thinking I had the Oblivion GOTY Edition but it seems that I have the GOTY Deluxe.

I was not expecting this, but since the Store says that I have it then they may know best right fellow GAFfers?

The only way to know for sure is to download it and see if you have the deluxe content, the store page doesn't differentiate as far as I know.

FloatOn

The incredibly simplified ending of Infinite was also a good design decision for the CoD crowd too.

Hey I never said the story of Infinite wasn't good.

From a gameplay perspective Infinite is a complete dumbing down of what made the other two Bioshock games stand out from other shooters this generation.

If I were Ken Levine I would have made DLC that expanded upon Infinites setting rather than trying to pay homage to the other games.

Give me something with Lutece, Fitzroy or Fink.

The Rapture story is finished.

The_Monk

The only way to know for sure is to download it and see if you have the deluxe content, the store page doesn't differentiate as far as I know.

Ah, I see, thanks for answering fellow GAFfer, if they can't differentiate then I might only have the GOTY indeed.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Oblivion is a bit of a confusing situation. There are two GOTY versions available on Steam, but only the deluxe edition (DDE) includes the so-called "Game of the Year DLC" (which I'm assuming is missing "Deluxe" from its name). Ergo, if it's listed in the game's DLC tab (right-click -> Properties -> DLC), then you have the DDE; if not, then you have the regular edition.

Edit: Ah, crap, forgot to switch tabs.

From a gameplay perspective Infinite is a complete dumbing down of what made the other two Bioshock games stand out from other shooters this generation.

If I were Ken Levine I would have made DLC that expanded upon Infinites setting rather than trying to pay homage to the other games.

Yes. This. They created a pretty deep world with plenty of characters to explore. I want to hear more about their stories while zipping around Columbia.

marrec

Banned

Man, it would be amazing if they built a Puzzle Game DLC out of the Lutece's story.

Fireblend

Banned
I get my game's editions upgraded all the time, or at least it seems to me like that's what's going on. I guess that's either because my edition gets renamed, or I get the content that I was missing between my previous edition and the one it got renamed to.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I guess all that griping about Gearbox and Borderlands 2 DLC seems a bit exaggerated when compared to BioInf?

No, Gearbox farmed out 3 turds and made the largest turd themselves. I wish I hadn't picked up that season pass after it when on sale so quickly. What a foolish move. Still, I learned from the mistake and fortunately that content is over with.

Knurek

No, Gearbox farmed out 3 turds and made the largest turd themselves. I wish I hadn't picked up that season pass after it when on sale so quickly. What a foolish move. Still, I learned from the mistake and fortunately that content is over with.

So basically, you're saying you prefer constipation to diarrhea?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)

Fwiw, I'm 96.7% sure that
Lutece (male, female or both) will appear in the Burial at Sea DLC in some form.

jediyoshi

Your mistake was purchasing Borderlands 2, it having followed Borderlands 1.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Your mistake was purchasing Borderlands 2, it having followed Borderlands 1.

But I liked Borderlands 1. I mean I question it now, but I beat it twice prior to BL2. Buying BL2 wasn't one of those idiotic "I'm buying COD/Ass Creed so I have the right to shit on it" things.

ken levine shitting on bioshock fans by way of horrible dlc.
Just read about this on IGN. Going back to Rapture...really? Columbia has so much potential for side stories and we're going back to Rapture

---
On a unrelated note, which is better: Commandos 2 Men of Courage or Commandos 3 Destination Berlin?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Somebody please fix this with Sleeping dogs:

captureghuta.png

Just FYI, I 100%d Sleeping Dogs on console including all three DLC. No one needs to weep for my soul.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but is there a neogaf thread for people looking for coop? I got rainbow 6 vegas 2 on steam and would love to do some coop but no-one I know has it.

JaseC

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but is there a neogaf thread for people looking for coop? I got rainbow 6 vegas 2 on steam and would love to do some coop but no-one I know has it.

I played through R6V2 with a mate way back when and had fun with it -- it's certainly far less of an assault on the eyes than its bloom-a-rific predecessor and the more varied locations are also a big plus. The only aspect that soured the experience overall, IIRC, was just how easy the campaign was (I don't think I altered my loadout once).

Pity there was never a third instalment.

JaseC

Batman: Arkham City GOTY registry updates today:

200269/config/oslist: macos

gg

A Feral Interactive port coming to Steam? There really is a first time for everything. Now, Disney, would you kindly follow suit with Lego PotC?

I guess all that griping about Gearbox and Borderlands 2 DLC seems a bit exaggerated when compared to BioInf?

Entirely new content produced by the same team that made the original game is somehow worse than mildly entertaining recycled assets thrown together by completely different developers?

I love how upset everyone is by the combat based filler DLC.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Cross posting from the DLC thread:
So.... I think I need to buy the Season Pass. Not sure if I want to wait for sales for Burial at Sea.

Clash in the Clouds: $5
Burial at Sea Episode 1: $14.99
Burial at Sea Episode 2: $14.99

Season pass: $19.99 ($13,21 here in Brazil).
If Burial at Sea does end up being priced like the news are saying, the Season Pass will be a great deal even if you only want the story DLC and don't want to wait for a sale.

Entirely new content produced by the same team that made the original game is somehow worse than mildly entertaining recycled assets thrown together by completely different developers?

I love how upset everyone is by the combat based filler DLC.

Only reason I'm beefed is because the Season Pass was supposed to cover '3 story based DLCs'. If this is the 3 : 1 combat fill DLC + 2 part story based DLC (not in Columbia), I'll feel burned about the season pass.

after this, not buying into 'season passes' anymore anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom